Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geofency webhook ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Geofency webhook ?

    Ok, So I feel that I'm totally missing something with the Geofency app. I installed PHLocation PI in HS3 and the Genfency app on my Iphone 6. I don't see any screen on the phone that would allow me to 'Switch on Notify on Entry and enter the URL'. I think that is the webhook function, but I don't see how to access it? What am I missing? HELP!

  • #2
    Originally posted by field888 View Post
    Ok, So I feel that I'm totally missing something with the Geofency app. I installed PHLocation PI in HS3 and the Genfency app on my Iphone 6. I don't see any screen on the phone that would allow me to 'Switch on Notify on Entry and enter the URL'. I think that is the webhook function, but I don't see how to access it? What am I missing? HELP!
    Tap the three dots to the right of your fence location

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-1 (002).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1197391

    Then tap webhook

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-1 (004).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1197393

    then tap on each field and enter your settings

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-1 (003).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1197392
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

    PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks much Randy!
      Right after I posted the question, out of desperation and thinking a reply will take awhile, I rebooted the phone and voila, there is webhook! All that was available before were the standard sharing locations
      (Dropbox, one drive, file, etc). Thought I was really losing it . Thanks much

      Comment


      • #4
        I switched mine from using a forwarded port to using connected2.homeseer.com and it has been every bit as fast and reliable as a direct connection - for what it is worth.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

        PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

        Comment


        • #5
          Good timing for this subject. I've been using Geofency thru MyHS since November without any issues detected til yesterday - apparently it missed the 'enter' event. No biggie, just that certain lights didn't come on as expected. It worked as expected today.

          The reliability level is certainly more than acceptable, but wondering if you have any backups in place for a missed update? I used to use the iCloud devices but the update rate could be erratic. Maybe I should add that back in for redundancy...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
            Good timing for this subject. I've been using Geofency thru MyHS since November without any issues detected til yesterday - apparently it missed the 'enter' event. No biggie, just that certain lights didn't come on as expected. It worked as expected today.

            The reliability level is certainly more than acceptable, but wondering if you have any backups in place for a missed update? I used to use the iCloud devices but the update rate could be erratic. Maybe I should add that back in for redundancy...
            Critical things like security system arming do need redundant event triggers using iOS locations. I have a preference to GeoFency, but if iOS fences change, house occupancy events will run. Basically if either GeoFency or iOS change to "not near" the user is deemed to be away and if either change to near the user is home. I only did that after I had my radius for the locations tweaked enough to be satisfied that there would be no false exit and entry notifications. So far GeoFency has been so reliable as to not need the redundant iCloud support.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

            PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rprade View Post
              I switched mine from using a forwarded port to using connected2.homeseer.com and it has been every bit as fast and reliable as a direct connection - for what it is worth.


              Randy, so you use the web link you posted and your login info in order for that to work with MyHS? Anything else change in the setup in PHL?


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                Randy, so you use the web link you posted and your login info in order for that to work with MyHS? Anything else change in the setup in PHL?
                Directions are in the manual
                http://jphuddlestone.co.uk/phlocatio.../Geofency.html

                For connection via MyHS
                Switch on Notify on Entry and enter the URL https://connected2.homeseer.com/phlapi?dtype=GF
                Switch on Notify on Exit and enter the URL https://connected2.homeseer.com/phlapi?dtype=GF
                In Authentication enter your MyHS credentials.


                The plug-in currently doesn't support the Notify on Error feature so leave this switched off.
                Set POST Format to Default

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  I switched mine from using a forwarded port to using connected2.homeseer.com and it has been every bit as fast and reliable as a direct connection - for what it is worth.
                  That is actually how I have my connection setup now. I just went through a major LAN change with a new router with VPN, moved HS3 and Blue Iris over to a faster PC and shut down all port forwarding to cams, BI, and HS3. That is why I installed this PI since since the Blue Iris geofence required WAN connectivity through a port (same as this HTTP server). Using MyHS will alleviate that hurdle. Glad to hear that the reliability is pretty good. It will be shutting off the alarm state and other stuff, so it's somewhat critical. I'll start testing tomorrow.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    Critical things like security system arming do need redundant event triggers using iOS locations. I have a preference to GeoFency, but if iOS fences change, house occupancy events will run. Basically if either GeoFency or iOS change to "not near" the user is deemed to be away and if either change to near the user is home. I only did that after I had my radius for the locations tweaked enough to be satisfied that there would be no false exit and entry notifications. So far GeoFency has been so reliable as to not need the redundant iCloud support.
                    To add, we also use the BI geofence option. Most of the time, PHLocation hits first but when it doesn’t, BI seems to. iOS is usually the last to hit.
                    Michael

                    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I keep getting this error in my logs:
                      (phlapi) POST Error: Invalid or missing POST data type for data!
                      Any idea what is creating this? I'm posting enter and exit successfully to the HS3 Web Server site with GeoFency. I've read and read for hours on this but can't seem to find out why.

                      Thanks in advance!

                      Figured it out, the key was for my iPad not my iPhone.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        I switched mine from using a forwarded port to using connected2.homeseer.com and it has been every bit as fast and reliable as a direct connection - for what it is worth.
                        I have been using Geofency and going through the above mentioned link and it has been pretty much rock solid and quick to act, but I've noticed on a few occasions that it fails. The duration has been anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of hours. I've read posts indicating that the HS server loads aren't balanced well which may be causing this issue. Has anyone else had this issue?

                        When it happens, I still get a success message when I test Enter and Exit but the message is longer but HS never receives the notification, where as when it truly is successful I get a shorter success message....which added to the confusion when I was trying to figure out what the issue was.

                        Is there a link that has been more consistently reliable?
                        HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
                        Plugin's:
                        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
                        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X