Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(GetElevationG) Status error: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT

Hi, Forum
    Is any one else getting the below error...
    I use my apple account to get my location and i have the google API setup..
    Not sure if the problem is with apple or google.

Any advice? would be a help

Regards Dan

Jul-26 4:14:59 PM PHLocation Warning (handleiCloudDc) Elevation lookup G for [rPcsHebl6Zh7mMGLwD9gyQHR+Xd8nnLeEs98D9LTCxaWH00JDyk7SOHYVNSU zmWV] failed 2nd attempt. Abort lookup.
    Jul-26 4:14:59 PM PHLocation Error (GetElevationG) Status error: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT
    Jul-26 4:14:58 PM PHLocation (handleiCloudDc) Elevation lookup G for [rPcsHebl6Zh7mMGLwD9gyQHR+Xd8nnLeEs98D9LTCxaWH00JDyk7SOHYVNSU zmWV] failed 1st attempt. Retry in 1s.
    Jul-26 4:14:58 PM PHLocation Error (GetElevationG) Status error: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT
    Jul-26 4:14:58 PM PHLocation Warning (handleiCloudDc) Elevation lookup G for [f8KmiBY65FxmGLA4DeJU+Qah7N46q6VtgUAUIAf/8sM01s3S1mVze+HYVNSUzmWV] failed 2nd attempt. Abort lookup.
    Jul-26 4:14:58 PM PHLocation Error (GetElevationG) Status error: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT
    Jul-26 4:14:57 PM PHLocation (handleiCloudDc) Elevation lookup G for [f8KmiBY65FxmGLA4DeJU+Qah7N46q6VtgUAUIAf/8sM01s3S1mVze+HYVNSUzmWV] failed 1st attempt. Retry in 1s.
    Jul-26 4:14:57 PM PHLocation Error (GetElevationG) Status error: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT
    Jul-26 4:14:51 PM PHLocation Warning (handleiCloudDc) Elevation lookup G for [rPcsHebl6Zh7mMGLwD9gyQHR+Xd8nnLeEs98D9LTCxaWH00JDyk7SOHYVNSU zmWV] failed 2nd attempt. Abort lookup.
    Jul-26 4:14:51 PM PHLocation Error (GetElevationG) Status error: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT
    Jul-26 4:14:50 PM PHLocation (handleiCloudDc) Elevation lookup G for [rPcsHebl6Zh7mMGLwD9gyQHR+Xd8nnLeEs98D9LTCxaWH00JDyk7SOHYVNSU zmWV] failed 1st attempt. Retry in 1s.
    Jul-26 4:14:50 PM PHLocation Error (GetElevationG) Status error: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT

The error comes from Google not Apple.

I've not looked into the exact changes and how they affect usage on individual API's but Google have recently or will soon be changing things regarding map API's effectively reducing or removing free usage on some services.

If you are running the latest version of the plug-in go to the API's tab on the config page and try changing the elevation data provider to OpenStreetMap.

Note:
    Altitude resolution is not supported on OpenStreetMap so will not be updated.

If you're not interested in elevation data, then you can delete these child devices from the HS3 device management page which will prevent the elevation lookups and therefore the errors.

I've been busy with non HA stuff recently but I am trying hard to finish a major overhaul of the plug-in.

For my work I use some software that has mapping services provided by Bing and for that pleasure I have to pay an additional 145 GPB on top of the 800+ GBP per year that I pay for software support and access to various other services they offer.

It would appear that the majority of plug-in users are not over happy about paying Google (or anyone else) a subscription fee to use their mapping services so part of the plug-in update is removing all reliance on Google and or Bing and switching to free alternatives such as OSM etc.

I have also looked at possibly hosting some services like "Elevation Data" myself but I'm not yet sure if this will be feasible.

Paul..

Comment

Very Fast response, Thank you.. easier fix.. I am not interested in elevation data at all..
      No more errors.

Thanks Again

Comment

Working...
      X