Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHLocation V2 Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by rprade View Post
    No, it polls automatically at the interval set into the iCloud interval device. Are you sure the time stamp on the Account Status Device is not updating?
    Definitely not updating. It is showing my last location with a timestamp where I was last night when I manually pressed the poll button.

    Comment


    • I'm using Backitude with location steals on my phone which works great, except for the altitude. I noticed that Backitude is sending the wrong altitude over to PHLocation 2. My GPS app on my phone shows an altitude of 100 feet, but Backitude would show an altitude of 25 feet. This would then reflect in PHLocation 2.

      There is an option in Backitude to disable reporting of altitude data by removing the request parameter key for Altitude which prevents sending this over to PHLocation 2. (No key value - Request will not contain this field). When I do this, I'm not getting any altitude updates in PHLocation 2.

      How is the elevation data utilized in PHL2? Is there any way to utilize the elevation data to calculate the altitude from the lat/lon if no data is received from Backitude? I have a google and mapquest api entered and elevation data is configured to use these sources, but the altitude is never updated.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post

        Definitely not updating. It is showing my last location with a timestamp where I was last night when I manually pressed the poll button.
        This happened to us today on my wife’s account. The solution for us was to stop the app, double click home button and swipe up, verify that cellular data was on along with roaming, and then a soft reboot of the iPhone.

        Find my iPhone wasn’t working which tells me it wasn’t PHL2. We have a constant connect VPN and her iPhone was not updating. Mine was.


        Michael

        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post

          This happened to us today on my wife’s account. The solution for us was to stop the app, double click home button and swipe up, verify that cellular data was on along with roaming, and then a soft reboot of the iPhone.

          Find my iPhone wasn’t working which tells me it wasn’t PHL2. We have a constant connect VPN and her iPhone was not updating. Mine was.

          For me, Find My iPhone is working. Don't think I have the same issue.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by slbuck View Post
            I'll post back the event once I've had a few days to play around with it.
            Here's the event I'm using to announce when I'm on the way home. When I'm within 15 minutes drive time of home and I'm on the move (time at location is zero), and the current location has been none for at least 12 minutes (this was added so when leaving home, I have enough time to get outside the 15 minute driving radius), then HS3 will announce I'm heading home. It's not perfect but does seem to work. The old way was to use the approaching device to tell if I was heading towards home which made the event more simple (just check if within a certain radius and if the direction was approaching).

            Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-event-steve-on the way home.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	1276482

            Comment


            • Hi Guys,

              I have got PHLocation2 installed and working. so far so good.
              I have my minimum distance to move set to 1km on my icloud. However when im walking around the site at work my time at location drops to 0m (site would be lucky to be 500m).
              Should having this set to 1km stop this from happening? i think that how i did it in PHL1.

              thanks

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MattLau View Post
                Just to let you know sooty the zip file is named .41 . In the updater overdride it is .42

                I change the name of the .41 zipfile to .42...

                but now I have .41 installed in homeseer plugin page


                Code:
                FILEVERSION 3,0,0,41
                PRODUCTVERSION 3,0,0,41
                FILEFLAGSMASK 0x3F
                FILEFLAGS 0x0
                FILEOS VOS_UNKNOWN | VOS__WINDOWS32
                FILETYPE VFT_APP
                FILESUBTYPE 0x0
                {
                BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
                {
                VALUE "Translation", 0x0, 1200
                }
                BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
                {
                BLOCK "000004b0"
                {
                VALUE "Comments", "PH Location Plug-In for HS3"
                VALUE "CompanyName", "Paul Huddlestone"
                VALUE "FileDescription", "HSPI_PHLocation2"
                VALUE "FileVersion", "3.0.0.41"
                VALUE "InternalName", "HSPI_PHLocation2.exe"
                VALUE "LegalCopyright", "Copyright © Paul Huddlestone 2019"
                VALUE "LegalTrademarks", ""
                VALUE "OriginalFilename", "HSPI_PHLocation2.exe"
                VALUE "ProductName", "HSPI_PHLocation2"
                VALUE "ProductVersion", "3.0.0.41"
                VALUE "Assembly Version", "3.0.0.41"
                }
                }
                }
                Thanks for the heads up, I've fixed the installer package versions.

                Paul..

                Comment


                • Originally posted by slbuck View Post
                  I'm using Backitude with location steals on my phone which works great, except for the altitude. I noticed that Backitude is sending the wrong altitude over to PHLocation 2. My GPS app on my phone shows an altitude of 100 feet, but Backitude would show an altitude of 25 feet. This would then reflect in PHLocation 2.

                  There is an option in Backitude to disable reporting of altitude data by removing the request parameter key for Altitude which prevents sending this over to PHLocation 2. (No key value - Request will not contain this field). When I do this, I'm not getting any altitude updates in PHLocation 2.

                  How is the elevation data utilized in PHL2? Is there any way to utilize the elevation data to calculate the altitude from the lat/lon if no data is received from Backitude? I have a google and mapquest api entered and elevation data is configured to use these sources, but the altitude is never updated.
                  Could be a conversion issue if Backitude is sending the data in different units although 100 feet doesn't equal 25 metres? I don't have Backitude to test but if you drop me an email I'll explain how you can get me some more info which may help to debug the issue.

                  If you remove the altitude parameter from the Backitude app so it doesn't send a value, then assuming you have a primary elevation provider set on the plug-in config>API's page it will attempt to obtain the data from the lat / lon.

                  Paul..

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sooty View Post

                    Thanks for the heads up, I've fixed the installer package versions.

                    Paul..
                    I Paul,

                    after another install, the plugin is still in v .41.


                    Comment


                    • Hi, sooty rprade

                      i have seen a little problem in Reverse Geocode Data Provider,

                      Most of the times it does not show the street numbers at all..
                      Im here in the netherlands and dit test it but no numbers.

                      Also is it possible to show it like this [street] [number] [postalcode] [town] at the adress device because now its here all messed up.
                      I did use all providers(except google) because im out of api requestall the time.

                      The second issue is that after a plugin restart (Force update of position devices) gets unchecked again.


                      I would also do a request to add a number device, that shows the current home number where you are at.


                      regards
                      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts




                      HS3Pro 3.0.0.531 on windows 7 ultimate X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

                      Comment


                      • The Force Update box is designed to clear after 10 updates. It is only for troubleshooting. Updates are designed to be applied based on the minimum distance to move setting in each position device. That box temporarily overrides those settings.
                        Randy Prade
                        Aurora, CO
                        Prades.net

                        PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                          Using Life 360, I have setup my service account but do not have the Life360 menu selection under User/Devices. I suspect this is due to the log message below.

                          Right now I am getting this in the log for Life360
                          Jan-12 17:07:07 PHLocation2 Error (PollAccount) LF Error in GetCircles.
                          Jan-12 17:07:07 PHLocation2 Error (GetCircles) Auth failed for RootRef: 4213 exiting Sub.

                          I have verified the service account setup and actually logged into the Life360 website from my HomeSeer box, any ideas?
                          Originally posted by rprade View Post
                          I'll have to defer to Paul. Mine connected first try and all the users were there. So I know it can work.
                          Paul and Randy, did not want this one to get lost, just in case someone was having the same issue that I was... I found out what my trouble with Life360 and PHLocation2 was and wanted to share my findings...

                          I have always logged into the Life360 website with my phone number and password. However this did not work for setting up the Life360 service account with PHLocation2. Once I changed from cell number to using the email address, all went well.

                          Sorry for any confusion.
                          Billy Draper

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MattLau View Post

                            I Paul,

                            after another install, the plugin is still in v .41.

                            Where did you read the version number?
                            Sometimes the HS3 plug-ins interface does not show the correct version until HS3 is re-started.
                            Go to Plug-Ins>PHLocation2>Configuration and it should show the correct version.

                            Paul..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                              Hi, sooty rprade

                              i have seen a little problem in Reverse Geocode Data Provider,

                              Most of the times it does not show the street numbers at all..
                              Im here in the netherlands and dit test it but no numbers.

                              Also is it possible to show it like this [street] [number] [postalcode] [town] at the adress device because now its here all messed up.
                              I did use all providers(except google) because im out of api requestall the time.

                              The second issue is that after a plugin restart (Force update of position devices) gets unchecked again.


                              I would also do a request to add a number device, that shows the current home number where you are at.


                              regards
                              Can you email me some specific examples of coordinates that don't provide the data you are expecting.

                              The plug-in does not make any changes to the order of the address data it receives from the 3rd party service although it may be possible to allow this to be user configurable.

                              Paul..

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sooty View Post

                                Where did you read the version number?
                                Sometimes the HS3 plug-ins interface does not show the correct version until HS3 is re-started.
                                Go to Plug-Ins>PHLocation2>Configuration and it should show the correct version.

                                Paul..
                                I just downloaded the latest *42 beta and after an install and reboot of the system, I still see 3.0.0.41 (Beta) under general settings for ph2.

                                edit: logs show the update successful

                                another edit: after unzipping the update package, looking at the details of hspi_phlocation2. exe shows product version of 3.0.0.41.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X