X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w.vuyk
    replied
    The driving distance devices for all users (two in this case) have never been updated. When I started connecting with icloud users I have seen some errors, which were pointing to the fact there was no secondary provider confiugered. That is where I added MapQuest to the providers. Since then I did not see any errors in the log, but also no updates on the devices.

Will send you an email on this

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    I am trying here to get driving distance to home working, but so far there has not been any update on the devices for this. I have configured google as primary driving data provider, which did not work and I have also configured MapQuest as primary for some time now without success

Any ideas how I get this working? Am using the same in the old plugin to switch the heater on when I am driving home and will be there in 30 minutes or so... kind of miss that now
    Driving distance/time to home is only done if the user is not within the home location otherwise both are set to 0.

Have the driving distance and time devices ever updated for that user?

If you have configured a distance data provider then ensure that the suppress API error messages is switched OFF then if it fails to get the distance you will see an error message in the HS log.

If this fails to show anything up, drop me an email and I'll send you a version with some specific debugging for the driving lookups.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by Timon View Post
    Questions:

I have the Dynamic map provider set to Google and the API key is set, same as I used for PHLocate, but when PH2 starts it still shows "None" in the log and the making page shows "Please specify a dynamic map provider on the API's configuration tab". I'm I missing something?
    The issue with API preferences not sticking should be resolved in version 3.0.0.54.
    See release notes thread for download link.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    I am trying here to get driving distance to home working, but so far there has not been any update on the devices for this. I have configured google as primary driving data provider, which did not work and I have also configured MapQuest as primary for some time now without success

Any ideas how I get this working? Am using the same in the old plugin to switch the heater on when I am driving home and will be there in 30 minutes or so... kind of miss that now

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by Timon View Post
    Questions:

I have the Dynamic map provider set to Google and the API key is set, same as I used for PHLocate, but when PH2 starts it still shows "None" in the log and the making page shows "Please specify a dynamic map provider on the API's configuration tab". I'm I missing something?
    The API's tab on the configuration page shouldn't let you choose invalid combinations but I've identified a couple of issues where it will allow invalid choices.

When the plug-in starts up, it checks the API choices again. If it finds an invalid combination (e.g. missing API key) it will set the provider(s) to none or in the case there is a free (no API key required) provider for that data type it will set that.

I'll go through all the code in both sections today and fix the issues.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    Questions:

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Paul, I've set two events one for Dynamic Mapping (after your example) and Static Mapping, I'm using .png extension for both files but am only getting a static file with the proper png extension the dymaic has a filename.png within the Name field but the type is HTML file am I missing something?

PS thanxs a lot the additional feature are great now to figure out what to do... Mike
    Don't add extensions if overriding the file name.
    Dynamic maps are output as html files which are designed to be embedded in other web pages etc. These can then be navigated in a browser etc.
    Static maps are just an image snapshot and can be used for example in HSTouch etc.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    I've uploaded 3.0.0.53 which fixes the issue with the path and file names for static maps.

NOTES:
    Static maps are image files and will have a .png extension.
    Dynamic maps are html files and will have a .html extension.
    If you don't override the path, then files for both static and dynamic maps will be written to the default path of \HS3\html\PHLocation2\Maps\
    If overriding the path then you must enter the trailing slash e.g. C:\MyMaps\
    If overriding the file name then DO NOT add the extension to the file name.

For a static map:
    Path: \\ds213\maps\ FileName: MyTestStaticMap
    will produce a file \\ds213\maps\MyTestStaticMap.png

For a dynamic map:
    Path: \\ds213\maps\ FileName: MyTestDynamicMap
    will produce a file \\ds213\maps\MyTestDynamicMap.html

Either option can be used without affecting the other. So the file name can be overridden leaving the path empty in which case it will save the file in the default location.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Paul, I've set two events one for Dynamic Mapping (after your example) and Static Mapping, I'm using .png extension for both files but am only getting a static file with the proper png extension the dymaic has a filename.png within the Name field but the type is HTML file am I missing something?

PS thanxs a lot the additional feature are great now to figure out what to do... Mike

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    There is an issue with the custom path / file with static maps.

Stand by for an update.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• mikesnook
    replied
    Originally posted by drparker151 View Post

It combines the two fields, make sure to end the path with a slash. forwards or backwards slash is based on your OS. I'm on linux so my path is:
    /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/maps/ and file name is $YMD$-drew.png

I had to create the maps directory

EDIT: linux is case sensitive as well.
    Understood, however the following event produces no image at all :

Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\PHLocation2\Maps\
    File: test.png

Tried quotes and no quotes around the folder string.

It installed on a windows box.

PS in the .vb script i use currently to generate the static maps I have to use this path, linux format on a windows box: /html/PHLocation2/Maps/. i've also tried this in the Phlocation static map event action and it didnt work.

Thanks,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Originally posted by mikesnook View Post

Hi Paul, default static maps are working, after setting the static maps options per user device markers also show up correctly.

However I cant seem to get the custom path or filename to work correctly, the best I can get is a image file named exactly ".png" :-)

I've tried every path string I can think of using back and forward slashes, relative and absolute paths including and excluding quotes.

My final goal is to have a custom image file name in the maps folder, I was also assuming you can have a custom file name without specifying a path, is that correct ? (I also tried specifying the path)

Thanks,
    Mike
    It combines the two fields, make sure to end the path with a slash. forwards or backwards slash is based on your OS. I'm on linux so my path is:
    /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/maps/ and file name is $YMD$-drew.png

I had to create the maps directory

EDIT: linux is case sensitive as well.

Leave a comment:

• mikesnook
    replied
    Originally posted by sooty View Post
    I've uploaded version 3.0.0.52.
    See release notes thread for changes.

Paul..
    Hi Paul, default static maps are working, after setting the static maps options per user device markers also show up correctly.

However I cant seem to get the custom path or filename to work correctly, the best I can get is a image file named exactly ".png" :-)

I've tried every path string I can think of using back and forward slashes, relative and absolute paths including and excluding quotes.

My final goal is to have a custom image file name in the maps folder, I was also assuming you can have a custom file name without specifying a path, is that correct ? (I also tried specifying the path)

Thanks,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    I've uploaded version 3.0.0.52.
    See release notes thread for changes.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Thanxs!