X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikesnook
    replied
    Originally posted by drparker151 View Post

It combines the two fields, make sure to end the path with a slash. forwards or backwards slash is based on your OS. I'm on linux so my path is:
    /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/maps/ and file name is $YMD$-drew.png

I had to create the maps directory

EDIT: linux is case sensitive as well.
    Understood, however the following event produces no image at all :

Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\PHLocation2\Maps\
    File: test.png

Tried quotes and no quotes around the folder string.

It installed on a windows box.

PS in the .vb script i use currently to generate the static maps I have to use this path, linux format on a windows box: /html/PHLocation2/Maps/. i've also tried this in the Phlocation static map event action and it didnt work.

Thanks,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Originally posted by mikesnook View Post

Hi Paul, default static maps are working, after setting the static maps options per user device markers also show up correctly.

However I cant seem to get the custom path or filename to work correctly, the best I can get is a image file named exactly ".png" :-)

I've tried every path string I can think of using back and forward slashes, relative and absolute paths including and excluding quotes.

My final goal is to have a custom image file name in the maps folder, I was also assuming you can have a custom file name without specifying a path, is that correct ? (I also tried specifying the path)

Thanks,
    Mike
    It combines the two fields, make sure to end the path with a slash. forwards or backwards slash is based on your OS. I'm on linux so my path is:
    /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/maps/ and file name is $YMD$-drew.png

I had to create the maps directory

EDIT: linux is case sensitive as well.

Leave a comment:

• mikesnook
    replied
    Originally posted by sooty View Post
    I've uploaded version 3.0.0.52.
    See release notes thread for changes.

Paul..
    Hi Paul, default static maps are working, after setting the static maps options per user device markers also show up correctly.

However I cant seem to get the custom path or filename to work correctly, the best I can get is a image file named exactly ".png" :-)

I've tried every path string I can think of using back and forward slashes, relative and absolute paths including and excluding quotes.

My final goal is to have a custom image file name in the maps folder, I was also assuming you can have a custom file name without specifying a path, is that correct ? (I also tried specifying the path)

Thanks,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    I've uploaded version 3.0.0.52.
    See release notes thread for changes.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Thanxs!

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Paul, any ETA for ver.50?
    Should be later this evening, I'm just finishing off the event action to build a static map.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Paul, any ETA for ver.50?

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

Seriously, copy pasting the device id... is really easy...
    ???
    That is what I said.

it's still easier to cut and paste via the log

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
    In EgiGeoZone if you select the 3 dots menu there is a Technical Info selection. This screen shows both an Android UUID and a Device UUID. It is the Android UUID that shows up in the log for the first transmission. That being said, it's still easier to cut and paste via the log.
    Seriously, copy pasting the device id... is really easy...

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    In EgiGeoZone if you select the 3 dots menu there is a Technical Info selection. This screen shows both an Android UUID and a Device UUID. It is the Android UUID that shows up in the log for the first transmission. That being said, it's still easier to cut and paste via the log.

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    The procedure of getting the DeviceID is a PITA I know but I can't see a better way of doing it.
    As far as I'm aware the DeviceID sent by geofencing applications is not available for the user to view from within the respective device so the only way to get it is to send a test transmission.

I did discuss with Randy about having the plug-in store "heard" DeviceID's from which the user then chooses one when adding a new root device but this wouldn't really help because these apps don't send the device name or anything else that can easily be used to identify the device. If you had more than 1 DeviceID in the heard list, then there would no way to identify which ID belonged to which device.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    Originally posted by Spudjr View Post
    Working, thanks for your help
    After getting the id. You have to send a webhook again to get the geofence added as a HS3 device Just FYI.

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied
    Working, thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied
    On geofency test connection on enter and it is successful. On PHlocation2 created a geofence device (F) Cant seem to get the Device ID When I send a test connection from geofancy it is successfull but no device id ever showed in the HS log

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by Spudjr View Post
    yes. Using geoFency
    Once a GeoFency root is created and configured, any properly configured fence or iBeacon on the app will create the correct PHL2 device in HomeSeer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X