• MNB
    replied
    Thanxs!

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Paul, any ETA for ver.50?
    Should be later this evening, I'm just finishing off the event action to build a static map.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Paul, any ETA for ver.50?

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

Seriously, copy pasting the device id... is really easy...
    ???
    That is what I said.

it's still easier to cut and paste via the log

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
    In EgiGeoZone if you select the 3 dots menu there is a Technical Info selection. This screen shows both an Android UUID and a Device UUID. It is the Android UUID that shows up in the log for the first transmission. That being said, it's still easier to cut and paste via the log.
    Seriously, copy pasting the device id... is really easy...

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    In EgiGeoZone if you select the 3 dots menu there is a Technical Info selection. This screen shows both an Android UUID and a Device UUID. It is the Android UUID that shows up in the log for the first transmission. That being said, it's still easier to cut and paste via the log.

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    The procedure of getting the DeviceID is a PITA I know but I can't see a better way of doing it.
    As far as I'm aware the DeviceID sent by geofencing applications is not available for the user to view from within the respective device so the only way to get it is to send a test transmission.

I did discuss with Randy about having the plug-in store "heard" DeviceID's from which the user then chooses one when adding a new root device but this wouldn't really help because these apps don't send the device name or anything else that can easily be used to identify the device. If you had more than 1 DeviceID in the heard list, then there would no way to identify which ID belonged to which device.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    Originally posted by Spudjr View Post
    Working, thanks for your help
    After getting the id. You have to send a webhook again to get the geofence added as a HS3 device Just FYI.

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied
    Working, thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied
    On geofency test connection on enter and it is successful. On PHlocation2 created a geofence device (F) Cant seem to get the Device ID When I send a test connection from geofancy it is successfull but no device id ever showed in the HS log

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    yes. Using geoFency
    Once a GeoFency root is created and configured, any properly configured fence or iBeacon on the app will create the correct PHL2 device in HomeSeer.

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied
    yes. Using geoFency

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    IBeacon
    Would you set up a IBeacon as a custom geofence device or just as a geodevice. Also for the device ID would you just get that from the log when you do a test transmission of the web hook. Thanks
    What app are you using to detect the iBeacons and post to HS?

With GeoFency an iBeacon is posted just as a fence would be, but is identified as an iBeacon.

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied
    IBeacon
    Would you set up a IBeacon as a custom geofence device or just as a geodevice. Also for the device ID would you just get that from the log when you do a test transmission of the web hook. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
    The issue around naming is not easy to solve. The root device has to be created before the client device is linked. So there is not a way to pass the clients name to the device being created in HS3. Thus it gets the default name until you change it something more meaningful.
    In PHLocation2, when you add a new device from the Users/Devices page it creates a new root device and opens the standard HS3 device edit page. With the exception of Service Account device types, the child devices are not created until the Save Changes button is clicked on the PHL2 tab.

As previously described, geofence child devices that are automatically added by the plug-in will assume the Floor and Room settings of the respective root device.

If you hit the Done button on the Configuration tab, then it will not create the child devices, therefore it is important that you hit the Save Changes button on the PHL2 tab.

Not fully investigated it but I don't think it's possible to:
    1. Hide the Done button.
    2. Catch the done button being clicked from within a plug-in.

So the onus is on the user to hit the Save Changes button to ensure the devices are set up properly.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X