Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ sooty Paul, Deleting the PHL exe file and then trying to install seemed to work, however I’m not able to get my iPhone devices to update. Looking into the setup I’ve noticed that only my Geofency users are in Users / Devices but my iCloud service is still there under Service Accounts and shows that it is enabled.

What is the right process to correct? Should I delete the iCloud service account and start over or just add an iCloud device in the Users/Devices? Will I need to delete all of the existing iPhone devices?

UPDATE: Paul, I ended up deleting all of the existing iPhone devices, adding a new iPhone device and polled the devices. This has seemed to get all of my devices back to normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
      hi sooty and

After i did change the accuracy to 100 meters it works.
      But this morning i got a new error in icloud.

regards
      Jan-21 09:35:26 PHLocation2 Warning (PollAccount) iCloud Logout problem account: s@gmail.com
      Jan-21 09:35:26 PHLocation2 Error (Logout) IC WebException for Ref:4142 Msg:The remote server returned an error: (421) Misdirected Request.
      Jan-21 09:35:20 PHLocation2 Warning (UpdateDevices) IC GetDevices attempt 2 returned empty for s@gmail.com. Aborting update.
      Jan-21 09:35:20 PHLocation2 Error (GetDevices) WebException for Ref:4142 Msg:The remote server returned an error: (450).
      Jan-21 09:35:20 PHLocation2 Warning (UpdateDevices) IC GetDevices attempt 1 returned empty for s@gmail.com. Trying again.
      Jan-21 09:35:20 PHLocation2 Error (GetDevices) WebException for Ref:4142 Msg:The remote server returned an error: (450).
      Jan-21 09:35:14 PHLocation2 Warning (UpdateDevices) IC GetDevices attempt 2 returned empty for s. Aborting
      I'm getting these same error messages
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
        @ sooty Paul, Deleting the PHL exe file and then trying to install seemed to work, however I’m not able to get my iPhone devices to update. Looking into the setup I’ve noticed that only my Geofency users are in Users / Devices but my iCloud service is still there under Service Accounts and shows that it is enabled.

What is the right process to correct? Should I delete the iCloud service account and start over or just add an iCloud device in the Users/Devices? Will I need to delete all of the existing iPhone devices?

UPDATE: Paul, I ended up deleting all of the existing iPhone devices, adding a new iPhone device and polled the devices. This has seemed to get all of my devices back to normal.

oh same problem I had.. Looks like it wasn't just me.

Don't delete your iCloud accounts.. just re-create the iphone users. you will have to re-associate the users to any events unfortunately.

m

Comment

Originally posted by mjolsen View Post

oh same problem I had.. Looks like it wasn't just me.

Don't delete your iCloud accounts.. just re-create the iphone users. you will have to re-associate the users to any events unfortunately.

m
          Yeah, I opted to not delete the iCloud account as it wasn’t giving me any errors in the log when I polled the account, it just wasn’t updating the iPhone devices that were part of that account.

Because this is still a beta, I don’t create any events until it’s closer to release....I’ve learned this over time...

Plugin's:

Comment

Yeah, I opted to not delete the iCloud account as it wasn’t giving me any errors in the log when I polled the account, it just wasn’t updating the iPhone devices that were part of that account.

Because this is still a beta, I don’t create any events until it’s closer to release....I’ve learned this over time...

You will need to delete all of the sub devices of the missing root devices..

Comment

Before .48 I didn’t have errors in log.. this afternoon I have these :

[code]
              PM PHLocation2 Error (HandleLogEntry) Error! System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: totalWidth at System.String.PadHelper(Int32 totalWidth, Char paddingChar, Boolean isRightPadded) at o.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
              Jan-22 1:54:10 PM PHLocation2 Error (HandleLogEntry) Error! System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: totalWidth at System.String.PadHelper(Int32 totalWidth, Char paddingChar, Boolean isRightPadded) at o.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
              Jan-22 1:54:10 PM PHLocation2 Error (HandleLogEntry) Error! System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: totalWidth at System.String.PadHelper(Int32 totalWidth, Char paddingChar, Boolean isRightPadded) at o.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
              Jan-22 1:52:26 PM PHLocation2 Error (HandleLogEntry) Error! System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: totalWidth at System.String.PadHelper(Int32 totalWidth, Char paddingChar, Boolean isRightPadded) at o.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
              Jan-22 1:52:26 PM PHLocation2 Error (HandleLogEntry) Error! System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: totalWidth at System.String.PadHelper(Int32 totalWidth, Char paddingChar, Boolean isRightPadded) at o.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
              Jan-22 1:50:10 PM PHLocation2 Error (HandleLogEntry) Error! System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: totalWidth at System.String.PadHelper(Int32 totalWidth, Char paddingChar, Boolean isRightPadded) at o.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
              Jan-22 1:50:10 PM PHLocation2 Error (HandleLogEntry) Error! System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: totalWidth at System.String.PadHelper(Int32 totalWidth, Char paddingChar, Boolean isRightPadded) at o.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
              Jan-22 1:49:11 PM PHLocation2 Error (HandleLogEntry) Error! System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: totalWidth at System.String.PadHelper(Int32 totalWidth, Char paddingChar, Boolean isRightPadded) at o.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
              Jan-22 1:49:11 PM PHLocation2 Error (HandleLogEntry) Error! System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: totalWidth at System.String.PadHelper(Int32 totalWidth, Char paddingChar, Boolean isRightPadded) at o.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
              Jan-22 1:48:10 PM PHLocation2 Error (HandleLogEntry) Error! System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: totalWidth at System.String.PadHelper(Int32 totalWidth, Char paddingChar, Boolean isRightPadded) at o.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
              [code]

Comment

Originally posted by mjolsen View Post
                Before .48 I didn’t have errors in log.. this afternoon I have these :

[code]
                PM PHLocation2 Error (HandleLogEntry) Error! System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: totalWidth at System.String.PadHelper(Int32 totalWidth, Char paddingChar, Boolean isRightPadded) at o.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
                Jan-22 1:48:10 PM PHLocation2 Error (HandleLogEntry) Error! System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: totalWidth at System.String.PadHelper(Int32 totalWidth, Char paddingChar, Boolean isRightPadded) at o.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
                [code]
                Probably caused by some extra logging to file that I added in .48 which is badly formatted. Switching off the log to file option should stop these whilst I find the cause.

[Edit]
                Cause found and will be fixed in .49 or later.

Paul..

Comment

Since I pulled the update very soon after uploading, I was rather hoping that not too many folks had installed .47
                  There was a .45 and .46 but these were not made public so only a few folks would have had them installed.

All three of those versions had an issue with serialisation of data stored within the root device of position based users if those devices had received position updates under that version.
                  The issue affected all position type user root devices regardless of the service(s) they were attached to.

The reason the issue went unnoticed during my testing is that it was only evident when an attempt to update the plug-in was made and Randy spotted this as soon as he tried to install .47 over .45 and I immediately pulled the update. I've never come across this before so it wasn't something I was looking for in testing.

Not want you want to hear, I know but given the experiences reported here, I would recommend deleting all position based user devices and starting over.
                  There is no need to delete any other device types.

Once again I apologise for the inconvenience.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                    Since I pulled the update very soon after uploading, I was rather hoping that not too many folks had installed .47
                    There was a .45 and .46 but these were not made public so only a few folks would have had them installed.

All three of those versions had an issue with serialisation of data stored within the root device of position based users if those devices had received position updates under that version.
                    The issue affected all position type user root devices regardless of the service(s) they were attached to.

The reason the issue went unnoticed during my testing is that it was only evident when an attempt to update the plug-in was made and Randy spotted this as soon as he tried to install .47 over .45 and I immediately pulled the update. I've never come across this before so it wasn't something I was looking for in testing.

Not want you want to hear, I know but given the experiences reported here, I would recommend deleting all position based user devices and starting over.
                    There is no need to delete any other device types.

Once again I apologise for the inconvenience.

Paul..
                    Hi Paul, is that a general comment or a message specific for mjolsen? All seems well here for me after the update.

Thanks
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

If I have two child devices for one of my iPhone devices that aren’t reporting changes (Time at Location & Home Direction), how do I get them to update? I’ve put a check mark on the “Force update of position devices” but it doesn’t make a difference. I’ve also walked down the street a mile to see if just changing my position causes it to update but nothing seems to work.
                      Any ideas?

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Hi Paul, is that a general comment or a message specific for mjolsen? All seems well here for me after the update.

Thanks
                        Al
                        Anyone with device corruption issues really.

Once I figured out what was causing the "not shutting down" issue, it turned out that there was nothing I could do about it for those that already had a problem version installed.

I added code into version .48 to remove the offending data object (if present) from the root devices and replace it with a format that wouldn't cause a problem but of course users had to get that version installed which was not going to be straight forward given the nature of the issue in the first instance.

My dev system (HS3 .478) has lots of position based user devices and I tested extensively, first running a problem version and updating all the user device's positions so that they had the problematic data object. I then shut down HS3, copied over the new exe and on first run it correctly modified all the devices without issue and the shutdown issue was resolved.

As I understand it, Randy also didn't see an issue with the same update procedure so I can't say for sure why some users are seeing root devices getting deleted / corrupted.

Paul..

Comment

If I have two child devices for one of my iPhone devices that aren’t reporting changes (Time at Location & Home Direction), how do I get them to update? I’ve put a check mark on the “Force update of position devices” but it doesn’t make a difference. I’ve also walked down the street a mile to see if just changing my position causes it to update but nothing seems to work.
                          Any ideas?

Can you:
                          1. Disable the plug-in from the HS3 Manage Plug-Ins page then re-enable.
                          2. Go to the HS3 log and grab all the plug-in start up entries and drop them in an email to me.

Paul..

Comment

Hi All,
                            thanks for all the hard work. the plug in is working great.
                            would someone be able to tell me how i can get the maps to display in HS Touch?

thanks

Comment

Any ideas?

I seem to be having the same issue.

Although I think mine is related to to the Home Direction Device having hard coded parameters of 300m and 10min. I have a phone that only travels less than a mile each day in less than 10min. That device the Home direction does not update. The others seem to work as expected. Being able to change the parameters per user will be helpful in the future.

Comment

I've noticed that my Phlocation2 devices tied to my Life360 account are never updating unless I check force update and then press the poll button so I think it is a more general issue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X