• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
    Paul,

All three of our Life360 root PHLocation2 devices have the following settings;
    Minimum Distance to Move 0.5 mi
    Maximum Accuracy 2000 meters

The Life360 account, account status, and polling devices are also shown the screen capture attached
    Those settings should be fine. I thought it may be those values preventing it updating.

Even if you don't move with Life360 it should still update the battery status device (assuming battery level has changed).
    Is the Account Status device Last Change value getting updated every 1 minute?

If the account status device last change is updating, that would indicate that it is doing the poll and something else is preventing it updating the child devices. There are various other checks it does before updating child devices, perhaps one of those is stopping it.

If that is the case, can you set debug to file on on the config page, then set force update flag on and hit the poll button.
    Switch off the debug and force update and you should then have a log file you can open.
    Email me that log and I'll see if I can spot the issue.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• mitchmitchell1616
    replied
    Paul,

All three of our Life360 root PHLocation2 devices have the following settings;
    Minimum Distance to Move 0.5 mi
    Maximum Accuracy 2000 meters

The Life360 account, account status, and polling devices are also shown the screen capture attached

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by dibble9012 View Post
    I am also having polling issues with FMI and iCloud. My account is not automatically updating. Right now I am 40 miles away from home but the plugins last poll was at 1 AM and it still shows me as home at noon.

I have deleted all devices, reinstalled the plugin, setup everything all over again, with the same issue.
    On the HS3 device management page you should find a group of 3 devices that represent your iCloud Service Account. What does it show for the Account Status and Polling Interval device states?

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• dibble9012
    replied
    I am also having polling issues with FMI and iCloud. My account is not automatically updating. Right now I am 40 miles away from home but the plugins last poll was at 1 AM and it still shows me as home at noon.

I have deleted all devices, reinstalled the plugin, setup everything all over again, with the same issue.

Leave a comment:

• mitchmitchell1616
    replied
    Originally posted by sooty View Post

What are your min dist to move and accuracy settings (PHL tab of the root devices) for the actual user/devices?

Paul..
    I'll have to check when I get home, I've got a messed up ethernet switch between my HS box and my VPN right now. I don't think I changed the default settings though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
    I've noticed that my Phlocation2 devices tied to my Life360 account are never updating unless I check force update and then press the poll button so I think it is a more general issue.

What are your min dist to move and accuracy settings (PHL tab of the root devices) for the actual user/devices?

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by sgottscho View Post

I seem to be having the same issue.

Although I think mine is related to to the Home Direction Device having hard coded parameters of 300m and 10min. I have a phone that only travels less than a mile each day in less than 10min. That device the Home direction does not update. The others seem to work as expected. Being able to change the parameters per user will be helpful in the future.
    In version .48 the parameters are 300 metres, 2 updates and 5 minutes reset time.
    With a distance of 1 mile, it should work if you have sufficiently fast location updates and the min dist to move (for the user) set low enough so it will process the updates.

The 5 minutes is the time without any new position updates before resetting the direction device status to "Stopped". This will only happen if the status is something other than stopped.

When a new position comes in it calculates how far the user is from the home location and saves that value.
    When the next position comes in, it uses the last saved "distance from home" and calculates if the user is closer or further away from home than the last update.
    It keeps a count of the number of same direction updates so once 2 updates come in that are in the same direction it will change the status of the direction device.

If the count never gets to 2, e.g. the user moves away from home only 500 metres and then back again, the status will not change.

In your case, if you have say a 2 minute update interval (with a min dist to move of say 0.2 miles), then it should be changing status on your 1 mile trip.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• mitchmitchell1616
    replied
    I've noticed that my Phlocation2 devices tied to my Life360 account are never updating unless I check force update and then press the poll button so I think it is a more general issue.

Leave a comment:

• sgottscho
    replied
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    If I have two child devices for one of my iPhone devices that aren’t reporting changes (Time at Location & Home Direction), how do I get them to update? I’ve put a check mark on the “Force update of position devices” but it doesn’t make a difference. I’ve also walked down the street a mile to see if just changing my position causes it to update but nothing seems to work.
    Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I seem to be having the same issue.

Although I think mine is related to to the Home Direction Device having hard coded parameters of 300m and 10min. I have a phone that only travels less than a mile each day in less than 10min. That device the Home direction does not update. The others seem to work as expected. Being able to change the parameters per user will be helpful in the future.

Leave a comment:

• jezza
    replied
    Hi All,
    thanks for all the hard work. the plug in is working great.
    would someone be able to tell me how i can get the maps to display in HS Touch?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    If I have two child devices for one of my iPhone devices that aren’t reporting changes (Time at Location & Home Direction), how do I get them to update? I’ve put a check mark on the “Force update of position devices” but it doesn’t make a difference. I’ve also walked down the street a mile to see if just changing my position causes it to update but nothing seems to work.
    Any ideas?

Can you:
    1. Disable the plug-in from the HS3 Manage Plug-Ins page then re-enable.
    2. Go to the HS3 log and grab all the plug-in start up entries and drop them in an email to me.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Hi Paul, is that a general comment or a message specific for mjolsen? All seems well here for me after the update.

Thanks
    Al
    Anyone with device corruption issues really.

Once I figured out what was causing the "not shutting down" issue, it turned out that there was nothing I could do about it for those that already had a problem version installed.

I added code into version .48 to remove the offending data object (if present) from the root devices and replace it with a format that wouldn't cause a problem but of course users had to get that version installed which was not going to be straight forward given the nature of the issue in the first instance.

My dev system (HS3 .478) has lots of position based user devices and I tested extensively, first running a problem version and updating all the user device's positions so that they had the problematic data object. I then shut down HS3, copied over the new exe and on first run it correctly modified all the devices without issue and the shutdown issue was resolved.

As I understand it, Randy also didn't see an issue with the same update procedure so I can't say for sure why some users are seeing root devices getting deleted / corrupted.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by sooty View Post
    Since I pulled the update very soon after uploading, I was rather hoping that not too many folks had installed .47
    There was a .45 and .46 but these were not made public so only a few folks would have had them installed.

All three of those versions had an issue with serialisation of data stored within the root device of position based users if those devices had received position updates under that version.
    The issue affected all position type user root devices regardless of the service(s) they were attached to.

The reason the issue went unnoticed during my testing is that it was only evident when an attempt to update the plug-in was made and Randy spotted this as soon as he tried to install .47 over .45 and I immediately pulled the update. I've never come across this before so it wasn't something I was looking for in testing.

Not want you want to hear, I know but given the experiences reported here, I would recommend deleting all position based user devices and starting over.
    There is no need to delete any other device types.

Once again I apologise for the inconvenience.

Paul..
    Hi Paul, is that a general comment or a message specific for mjolsen? All seems well here for me after the update.

Thanks
    Al

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Since I pulled the update very soon after uploading, I was rather hoping that not too many folks had installed .47
    There was a .45 and .46 but these were not made public so only a few folks would have had them installed.

All three of those versions had an issue with serialisation of data stored within the root device of position based users if those devices had received position updates under that version.
    The issue affected all position type user root devices regardless of the service(s) they were attached to.

The reason the issue went unnoticed during my testing is that it was only evident when an attempt to update the plug-in was made and Randy spotted this as soon as he tried to install .47 over .45 and I immediately pulled the update. I've never come across this before so it wasn't something I was looking for in testing.

Not want you want to hear, I know but given the experiences reported here, I would recommend deleting all position based user devices and starting over.
    There is no need to delete any other device types.

Once again I apologise for the inconvenience.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X