Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHLocation V2 Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sgottscho View Post

    I seem to be having the same issue.

    Although I think mine is related to to the Home Direction Device having hard coded parameters of 300m and 10min. I have a phone that only travels less than a mile each day in less than 10min. That device the Home direction does not update. The others seem to work as expected. Being able to change the parameters per user will be helpful in the future.
    In version .48 the parameters are 300 metres, 2 updates and 5 minutes reset time.
    With a distance of 1 mile, it should work if you have sufficiently fast location updates and the min dist to move (for the user) set low enough so it will process the updates.

    The 5 minutes is the time without any new position updates before resetting the direction device status to "Stopped". This will only happen if the status is something other than stopped.

    When a new position comes in it calculates how far the user is from the home location and saves that value.
    When the next position comes in, it uses the last saved "distance from home" and calculates if the user is closer or further away from home than the last update.
    It keeps a count of the number of same direction updates so once 2 updates come in that are in the same direction it will change the status of the direction device.

    If the count never gets to 2, e.g. the user moves away from home only 500 metres and then back again, the status will not change.

    In your case, if you have say a 2 minute update interval (with a min dist to move of say 0.2 miles), then it should be changing status on your 1 mile trip.

    Paul..

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
      I've noticed that my Phlocation2 devices tied to my Life360 account are never updating unless I check force update and then press the poll button so I think it is a more general issue.

      Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      What are your min dist to move and accuracy settings (PHL tab of the root devices) for the actual user/devices?

      Paul..

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sooty View Post

        What are your min dist to move and accuracy settings (PHL tab of the root devices) for the actual user/devices?

        Paul..
        I'll have to check when I get home, I've got a messed up ethernet switch between my HS box and my VPN right now. I don't think I changed the default settings though.

        Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


        Comment


        • I am also having polling issues with FMI and iCloud. My account is not automatically updating. Right now I am 40 miles away from home but the plugins last poll was at 1 AM and it still shows me as home at noon.

          I have deleted all devices, reinstalled the plugin, setup everything all over again, with the same issue.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dibble9012 View Post
            I am also having polling issues with FMI and iCloud. My account is not automatically updating. Right now I am 40 miles away from home but the plugins last poll was at 1 AM and it still shows me as home at noon.

            I have deleted all devices, reinstalled the plugin, setup everything all over again, with the same issue.
            On the HS3 device management page you should find a group of 3 devices that represent your iCloud Service Account. What does it show for the Account Status and Polling Interval device states?

            Paul..

            Comment


            • Paul,

              All three of our Life360 root PHLocation2 devices have the following settings;
              Minimum Distance to Move 0.5 mi
              Maximum Accuracy 2000 meters

              The Life360 account, account status, and polling devices are also shown the screen capture attached

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
                Paul,

                All three of our Life360 root PHLocation2 devices have the following settings;
                Minimum Distance to Move 0.5 mi
                Maximum Accuracy 2000 meters

                The Life360 account, account status, and polling devices are also shown the screen capture attached
                Those settings should be fine. I thought it may be those values preventing it updating.

                Even if you don't move with Life360 it should still update the battery status device (assuming battery level has changed).
                Is the Account Status device Last Change value getting updated every 1 minute?

                If the account status device last change is updating, that would indicate that it is doing the poll and something else is preventing it updating the child devices. There are various other checks it does before updating child devices, perhaps one of those is stopping it.

                If that is the case, can you set debug to file on on the config page, then set force update flag on and hit the poll button.
                Switch off the debug and force update and you should then have a log file you can open.
                Email me that log and I'll see if I can spot the issue.

                Paul..

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sooty View Post

                  On the HS3 device management page you should find a group of 3 devices that represent your iCloud Service Account. What does it show for the Account Status and Polling Interval device states?

                  Paul..
                  Here is a screenshot. I have selected everything from 1 minute to 15. It will poll manually fine. 2 FA is setup and working.Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 15.28.18.png Views:	1 Size:	54.8 KB ID:	1278554

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sooty View Post

                    Even if you don't move with Life360 it should still update the battery status device (assuming battery level has changed).
                    Is the Account Status device Last Change value getting updated every 1 minute?
                    Paul..
                    The account status device is only showing an update change when I force a poll. I'll run the test and send you the debug log.

                    Debuglog sent -- looks like OpenStreetMaps may be causing a problem?

                    Comment


                    • I'm trying both FM and EGZ. However for FM I haven't been able to get past this:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 01-23-19 at 08.00 PM.PNG
Views:	5
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1278580
                      FM is definitely working on the phone and I thought I set it up correctly, but...no joy.

                      Comment


                      • Paul, I just wanted to report back, regarding the overlapping location issue I reported a few days back, it now seems to be fixed! Since updating to your latest release (3.0.0.48) and using a Android device with tasker its works without issues, events are triggering as they should, awesome job

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post

                          The account status device is only showing an update change when I force a poll. I'll run the test and send you the debug log.

                          Debuglog sent -- looks like OpenStreetMaps may be causing a problem?
                          If the Account Status device is not updating unless you poll manually then it looks like its not getting included in the polling routine.

                          Please:
                          1. Stop and re-start the plug-in.
                          2. Collect all the HS3 log entries from the plug-in start-up.
                          3. Set the polling interval of the problem account to 1 minute.
                          4. Make sure force updates option is off.
                          5. Switch debug logging to file on and wait for at least 2 minutes.
                          6. Switch off debug to file.
                          7. Send me the log file and the HS3 log entries.

                          Paul..

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            For those of you posting from 3rd party apps like GeoFency, PHL2 does not use its own web server, it uses the HS built-in server. The posting is still the same as before with two changes 1) it now uses your HomeSeer web server port (usually 80) so create your port forwarding rules and structure the URL accordingly. 2) The api is now phl2api, with the original it was phlapi. The dtypes are the same as listed in the PHL documentation.


                            If you are posting to GeoFency for example it will be:

                            MYHS:
                            https://connected2.homeseer.com/phl2api?dtype=GF
                            Use your MyHS login credentials

                            .
                            Randy,

                            Finnaly found some time to experiment with Pauls new plugin here. Trying to get the Geofency to work with myHS, which did not work with the link you supplied. Kept getting a result back from Geofency that Myhs connected was successful but "cannot connect to system, might be offline". Then I tried connecting to my website through the iphone and saw that the serverlink return in my case was https://connected22.homeseer.com and not connected2.... I guess there might be multiple myhs servers?

                            Wim
                            -- Wim

                            Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                            650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

                              Randy,

                              Finnaly found some time to experiment with Pauls new plugin here. Trying to get the Geofency to work with myHS, which did not work with the link you supplied. Kept getting a result back from Geofency that Myhs connected was successful but "cannot connect to system, might be offline". Then I tried connecting to my website through the iphone and saw that the serverlink return in my case was https://connected22.homeseer.com and not connected2.... I guess there might be multiple myhs servers?

                              Wim
                              There are multiple servers. Rich said that connected2.homeseer.com was primary and it would route to to the best of the load sharing servers. That is the URL I am using. I just tried and 22 resolves but 2 does not, so I guess I don’t know. I will see if I can get an answer again.
                              Randy Prade
                              Aurora, CO
                              Prades.net

                              PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                              Comment


                              • I must be missing something obvious here. I have added my icloud account. Now I am trying to understand where to add the iphones. I have been looking in the users/devices, no iphone users to be added. Then I saw a post mentioning you have to go to "the root device". When I go to the icloud account root device, no drop down. I have been waiting for more then an hour now, and see the account status change from Waiting to Polling regulary, so it seems all is working, but how to add the phones?

                                Wim
                                -- Wim

                                Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                                650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X