This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I can't seem to get data from EGZ into PHL2. Using V2.48 with MyHs setup.

I am sure everything is well configured, however the data is not automatically sent from the application on the phone to the plugin. It only updates the devices when I press the glasses in the mobile app. I'm not sure what's missing here.

I want to thank you both for the excellent work you are doing with this plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
      Questions...

V2 removed Walking/Driving Distance... Why? I thought driving distance was useful.

Will you be posting in the HS3 Updater? Would make it so much easier for users to install/update.

thx for the fantastic work.
      As Randy mentioned, It does have driving distance and time to the "Home" location but not to other Known Locations. This was done to reduce the number of 3rd party API calls.

Driving / Walking Time / Distance uses 3rd party API calls. If for example you had 10 known locations then to do both driving and walking would be 20 calls per position update. If you had 2 users with frequent location updates then this can result in a lot of calls which coupled with all the other API calls can very quickly exceed the usage allowances of basic or free API keys.

When users start seeing warning log messages because API calls are rejected due to exceeding limits or the street address isn't updating etc, then my inbox starts filling up with messages from disgruntled folks

Yes, the plan is to get it in the HS3 updater as soon as we're happy its stable enough for mass consumption.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by nunoary View Post
        Hi,

I can't seem to get data from EGZ into PHL2. Using V2.48 with MyHs setup.

I am sure everything is well configured, however the data is not automatically sent from the application on the phone to the plugin. It only updates the devices when I press the glasses in the mobile app. I'm not sure what's missing here.

I want to thank you both for the excellent work you are doing with this plugin.
        Do you have the EGI app configured for both Geofence and Tracking?

If you have configured both URL's in EGI, then hitting the glasses icon on a server profile should result in 2 success messages.
        If you get both, then the URL's are configured correctly.

If you want to use the tracking feature then you need to configure it to start / stop as you enter / exit geofences.

Paul..

Comment

If you want to use the tracking feature then you need to configure it to start / stop as you enter / exit geofences.
          I have bread crumb trails but only from when I leave home until I arrive at work. The rest of the day until I get back home I have no crumbs.

Each fence is setup the same way. 4 minute interval and to track on entering zone and exiting zone. But when I get to my second zone (work) I get no more hits. I have four fences, home, work, an exit not too far from home and a Home Depot.

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post

Do you have the EGI app configured for both Geofence and Tracking?

If you have configured both URL's in EGI, then hitting the glasses icon on a server profile should result in 2 success messages.
            If you get both, then the URL's are configured correctly.

Paul..

Thanks Paul,

I needed to configure the start/stop location tracking. Now the tracking device already updates.

Tomorrow I will do more tests to better understand the operation, I think today I have been able to better understand the operation of the fences with the localization.
            That is why I can better understand the advantage of having implemented the "known locations",and not having to replicate the same geofences in all in each device.

Good job.

Comment

I cant add Known Locations... I enter the data, click SAVE but nothing happens? Refreshing KL screen only shows 'Home'?
              Attached Files

Comment

I cant add Known Locations... I enter the data, click SAVE but nothing happens? Refreshing KL screen only shows 'Home'?
                look in the homeseer log. it probably doesn't like the " ' " you have in the name field.

Comment

Originally posted by mikesnook View Post
                  look in the homeseer log. it probably doesn't like the " ' " you have in the name field.
                  You got it.

sooty Really should be an error message of some sort, not just a lack of activity.

also, more UI suggestions...

Very annoying that when we enter something into the plugin, the entire screen refreshes and kicks us out of the Plugin screens
                  Navigation tabs at the top of the plugin pages would be nice to quickly navigate to other pages instead of scrolling through the HS3 UI drop-downs again.

Comment

sooty Really should be an error message of some sort, not just a lack of activity.
                    Not saving known locations containing an apostrophe was a small error on my part and is fixed in versions >= 3.0.0.50.
                    The fact that it didn't display an error message in the GUI when it failed to save the known location (although it did write an error to the HS3 log) was an omission on my part and is also fixed in versions >= 3.0.0.50.

also, more UI suggestions...

Very annoying that when we enter something into the plugin, the entire screen refreshes and kicks us out of the Plugin screens
                    Navigation tabs at the top of the plugin pages would be nice to quickly navigate to other pages instead of scrolling through the HS3 UI drop-downs again.
                    Which part of the plug-in's GUI are you referring to where "the entire screen refreshes and kicks us out of the Plugin screens" ?

Remember:
                    This is a beta and it is very likely that there will be errors and / or omissions.

Paul..

Comment

Ltek, has a specials manners lol. Do not take this in the literal sense

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                        Not saving known locations containing an apostrophe was a small error on my part and is fixed in versions >= 3.0.0.50.
                        The fact that it didn't display an error message in the GUI when it failed to save the known location (although it did write an error to the HS3 log) was an omission on my part and is also fixed in versions >= 3.0.0.50.

Which part of the plug-in's GUI are you referring to where "the entire screen refreshes and kicks us out of the Plugin screens" ?
                        Apologies for forgetting to mention where... really long day at work. Brain totally fried yesterday.

When in 'Users/Devices' and edit any entry, after you click 'done' it kicks you back out to HS3's "Device Management" page

On the Navigation... MeiHarmonyHub plugin has a nice example of having a 'top menu' of all the Plugin screens for easy/quick moving between plugin screens.

Also; nice that I could use the original User IDs (from PHL1), it didnt create new ones (posted in Log) as I thought it would. I didnt see this in the guide (I may have missed it).

One small feature request...
                        explained (I didnt know) that EgiGeoZone is the only app where it send data so PHL2 will auto-create the Fences. Really cool feature/option IMO. This did remind me was that in PHL1 I had to manually rename and/or change the Floor or Room of every device it created because otherwise every Fence has one, or more, identical twins - one for every user. Reason is that PHL2 places every device in PhLocation2 / PHLocation2 (floor/room).

So the device list has many 'same named devices' like this...

PHLcation2 PHLocation2 Neighborhood
                        PHLcation2 PHLocation2 Rec Center
                        PHLcation2 PHLocation2 Park

The request Ideas:
                        Allow Users to Define separate Room names for Fences and for Tracking (I change them to 'GeoFences' & 'Tracking') and add a prefix or suffix to the Device Name; like Wife-Park

This way the Devices will no longer be duplicates, and they can be much better organized & recognized inside Events. The above list would not look something like...

PHLcation2 GeoFence Wife-Neighborhood
                        PHLcation2 GeoFence Hubby-Neighborhood
                        PHLcation2 GeoFence Wife-Rec Center
                        PHLcation2 GeoFence Hubby-Rec Center
                        PHLcation2 GeoFence Wife-Park
                        PHLcation2 GeoFence Hubby-Park

BTW - The plugin is working great.

Comment

@rprade explained (I didnt know) that EgiGeoZone is the only app where it send data so PHL2 will auto-create the Fences
                          I must have something configured wrong? I'm not getting auto created fences from EGI. I do get fence data for my home location and I do get tracking data. I can go into history and create a location from history. However, additional fences I've set up in EGI are not being auto created in HS3 as new locations.

Also when I create a new known location in the plug-in should I get additional HS devices or are they only shown in my home device's "inside any Fence" child device?
                          HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                          Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                          Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post

I must have something configured wrong? I'm not getting auto created fences from EGI. I do get fence data for my home location and I do get tracking data. I can go into history and create a location from history. However, additional fences I've set up in EGI are not being auto created in HS3.

Also when I create a new known location in the plug-in should I get additional HS devices or are they only shown in my home device's "inside any Fence child device?
                            When you create a fence in EGI it will automatically send the data to Homeseer. PHL2 then creates a child device, under that particular user, like this... PHLcation2 PHLocation2 <EGI_FenceName>

Do you have EGI configured with both Fence & Tracking settings under the Server Profile... and, important, Fences configured with the Profile? (Without this, it will not send the data to Homeseer)

Comment

Apologies for forgetting to mention where... really long day at work. Brain totally fried yesterday.

When in 'Users/Devices' and edit any entry, after you click 'done' it kicks you back out to HS3's "Device Management" page

On the Navigation... MeiHarmonyHub plugin has a nice example of having a 'top menu' of all the Plugin screens for easy/quick moving between plugin screens.

Also; nice that I could use the original User IDs (from PHL1), it didnt create new ones (posted in Log) as I thought it would. I didnt see this in the guide (I may have missed it).

One small feature request...
                              explained (I didnt know) that EgiGeoZone is the only app where it send data so PHL2 will auto-create the Fences. Really cool feature/option IMO. This did remind me was that in PHL1 I had to manually rename and/or change the Floor or Room of every device it created because otherwise every Fence has one, or more, identical twins - one for every user. Reason is that PHL2 places every device in PhLocation2 / PHLocation2 (floor/room).

So the device list has many 'same named devices' like this...

The request Ideas:
                              Allow Users to Define separate Room names for Fences and for Tracking (I change them to 'GeoFences' & 'Tracking') and add a prefix or suffix to the Device Name; like Wife-Park

This way the Devices will no longer be duplicates, and they can be much better organized & recognized inside Events. The above list would not look something like...

PHLcation2 GeoFence Wife-Neighborhood
                              PHLcation2 GeoFence Hubby-Neighborhood
                              PHLcation2 GeoFence Wife-Rec Center
                              PHLcation2 GeoFence Hubby-Rec Center
                              PHLcation2 GeoFence Wife-Park
                              PHLcation2 GeoFence Hubby-Park

BTW - The plugin is working great.

I guess you didn't realize that if you take the time to define booth locations and the name of the root device at first, everything is taken care of for you. Everything can be as unique as you define. Do all this before you click "Save Changes" on the PHL2 Tab. If you click "Done" on the Config Tab, these changes will be saved, but the child devices will not be created. This was true in PHL1 as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	118.3 KB ID:	1280631

All the child devices take the locations and naming from the root. Here is the device I just created from the above root.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	187.1 KB ID:	1280632

On fence devices, they will be created with the name defined when you create them on the phone and will take the locations from the root. GeoFency geofences are also created automatically when they post after the root is defined. The fence names are defined in the GeoFency app on phone.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	121.6 KB ID:	1280639
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

When you create a fence in EGI it will automatically send the data to Homeseer. PHL2 then creates a child device, under that particular user, like this... PHLcation2 PHLocation2 <EGI_FenceName>

Do you have EGI configured with both Fence & Tracking settings under the Server Profile... and, important, Fences configured with the Profile? (Without this, it will not send the data to Homeseer)
                                Yes I have both configured in the server profile. I can go into the plugin and pick history viewer and run reports for tracking and for Fences. The fences report only shows locations that I've created in the plug-in. the tracking history does show locations I have as a fence in EGI.

In EGI for those fences I have them set to the hs3 server profile, I only have one server profile. I also have both on entry and exit tracking set to on in the start/ stop locations with track to server profile as well set.

HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                                Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                                Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                                X