X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikesnook
    replied
    Originally posted by sooty View Post
    Quick Update as I've been quiet on the updates front for a day or two.

Due to a fundamental design flaw on my part its taken rather longer than anticipated to fix the issue with triggers not working when the user device was within more than 1 known location (i.e. overlapping known locations).

I've been testing the fix here and it does now appear to be working as expected so I'll be sending it to Randy for further testing tomorrow and hopefully there will be an update for all soon after.

As users of both V1 and V2 will know, unlike V1, V2 does not have HS devices for the known locations and instead uses triggers and conditions. When making this change I had totally neglected to cater for the fact that a device could be within more than 1 known location at the same time.

There is a slight caveat with the next version in that the "Current Location" device cannot be used reliably to detect an "At Home" status as it will have an additional "Multiple Locations" status to reflect a user being in more than 1 known location.

Distance to home will still be reported in a device and of course the "Enters Location" trigger and "At Location" condition can be used in events.

Paul..
    Paul, if it would help i can also test the new version with the overlapping locations, i noticed the issue a few days back. I'm just testing PHL2 currently so wont be a big deal if something else breaks as a result, PHL1 is taking care of my location based automation currently. No worries if not, i will happily wait until you make the update available to everyone.

Cheers,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• mitchmitchell1616
    replied
    I was thinking of Known Locations but I will check out the Custom Fence option.

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
    Paul,

Will you provide an api/http interface to let another app (like tasker) define a new known location? I'd like to be able to create a tasker task I could trigger to add my current location as a known location to Phlocation2 so I could easily "mark" locations I visit frequently when I'm there. I could set this up on my wife's phone so she could do this as she travels for her business.

Thanks!

Mitch

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    You can do this now using the Custom Fence option. I use this for creating/updating geofences from Simplex Locate today. Or do you want it to create the FULL "Known Location" details and not just a device of the Location name? I jumped too soon and went and looked at Known locations again in the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• mitchmitchell1616
    replied

Due to a fundamental design flaw on my part its taken rather longer than anticipated to fix the issue with triggers not working when the user device was within more than 1 known location (i.e. overlapping known locations).

I've been testing the fix here and it does now appear to be working as expected so I'll be sending it to Randy for further testing tomorrow and hopefully there will be an update for all soon after.

As users of both V1 and V2 will know, unlike V1, V2 does not have HS devices for the known locations and instead uses triggers and conditions. When making this change I had totally neglected to cater for the fact that a device could be within more than 1 known location at the same time.

There is a slight caveat with the next version in that the "Current Location" device cannot be used reliably to detect an "At Home" status as it will have an additional "Multiple Locations" status to reflect a user being in more than 1 known location.

Distance to home will still be reported in a device and of course the "Enters Location" trigger and "At Location" condition can be used in events.

Paul..
    Paul,

Will you provide an api/http interface to let another app (like tasker) define a new known location? I'd like to be able to create a tasker task I could trigger to add my current location as a known location to Phlocation2 so I could easily "mark" locations I visit frequently when I'm there. I could set this up on my wife's phone so she could do this as she travels for her business.

Thanks!

Mitch

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied
    Thankyou!

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by Spudjr View Post
    In my devices I see "Primary RG provider not set" googled galored and cant find anything. I gather it is some service to show detail about location? Where is this set and what is it set to. Thanks
    RG stands for Reverse Geocode. Set it up on the configuration API management page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	4
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1277577

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied
    In my devices I see "Primary RG provider not set" googled galored and cant find anything. I gather it is some service to show detail about location? Where is this set and what is it set to. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    rprade I "think" I found part of my issue with not seeing enough data points. Since my internet and TV provider is Optimum, my phone is set so it switches to WiFi mode when it sees an optimum wifi hotspot. They're everywhere so when it connects it switches to 30 minutes logging. I disabled Wifi polling in BK and will see if things improve.

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied
    Thanks, found it under if device changes. Was only looking at phlocation2 Still learning here but having fun

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by Spudjr View Post
    What Did I Miss
    PHL2 working great with ICloud account and geofencing
    With Geofancy I have it send info based on a location marker in the program. In HS3 shows just fine whether I an in or outside of the fence or outside but cant use this info as triggers. What did I miss?

Your events should use the devices created for each Geofency fence as the triggers.

Leave a comment:

• Spudjr
    replied

What Did I Miss
    PHL2 working great with ICloud account and geofencing
    With Geofancy I have it send info based on a location marker in the program. In HS3 shows just fine whether I an in or outside of the fence or outside but cant use this info as triggers. What did I miss?

Leave a comment:

• Malosa
    replied
    Yes i wil see what it does,
    but i think it wil be alright with setting the accuracy to 100 meters
    I wil report back when i woke up.

No worries just take your time.

regards and thank you guys for the quick reply's

Its OK to have the max accuracy at 2000 metres if you want to receive inaccurate locations but to avoid the double reporting you would need to set the min dist to move to something > 2 km (2000 metres).

Here's what is happening in your case:
    A new (1400m low accuracy) location comes in and because its low accuracy it reports that you are 300 metres from your previous stored (65m high accuracy) location.
    Your min dist to move is set at 90 metres which is < 300 so the new location is recorded.
    Another new (65m high accuracy) location comes in and reports that you are 300 metres from your previous stored (1400m low accuracy) location.
    Your min dist to move is set at 90 metres which is < 300 so the new location is recorded.

I still need to investigate why it's letting 2 updates through within 5 seconds. It should only be letting 1 update through per poll.

I'll get onto that once I finish sorting out the overlapping known locations issue which is turning out to be a lot of work😢

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by Malosa View Post
    sooty rprade

Thankss for the reply,

I did check on details Randy and its not wifi, its gps, i did double ckeck.. really weird.
    Device Data Battery: 15% Charging: No Online: Yes WiFi: Off
    Also Paul the device distance to move is 0.09 meter so 90 meters.
    But the Maximum Accuracy is 2000.
    When i do the both distances in google its only 300 meter between them.
    That second street is next to me.

regards
    Its OK to have the max accuracy at 2000 metres if you want to receive inaccurate locations but to avoid the double reporting you would need to set the min dist to move to something > 2 km (2000 metres).

Here's what is happening in your case:
    A new (1400m low accuracy) location comes in and because its low accuracy it reports that you are 300 metres from your previous stored (65m high accuracy) location.
    Another new (65m high accuracy) location comes in and reports that you are 300 metres from your previous stored (1400m low accuracy) location.

I still need to investigate why it's letting 2 updates through within 5 seconds. It should only be letting 1 update through per poll.

I'll get onto that once I finish sorting out the overlapping known locations issue which is turning out to be a lot of work😢

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by Malosa View Post
    Yes i see now,

Some have this
    Basic Fix Data Fix Time: 2019-01-19 21:09:37 Latitude: 50.8 Longitude: 6.0 Accuracy: 1414m Type: Network
    So no gps now...

But i did put it back from 2000 to 100 i think thats the problem.
    lets hope and test tonight.

Maybe that did do the double poll because the network had an issue or something.. but its still weird.

regards

All of my bad reports of 1414m were "Network" and they stopped when I reduced the Maximum Accuracy to 100m.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X