Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The procedure of getting the DeviceID is a PITA I know but I can't see a better way of doing it.
    As far as I'm aware the DeviceID sent by geofencing applications is not available for the user to view from within the respective device so the only way to get it is to send a test transmission.

I did discuss with Randy about having the plug-in store "heard" DeviceID's from which the user then chooses one when adding a new root device but this wouldn't really help because these apps don't send the device name or anything else that can easily be used to identify the device. If you had more than 1 DeviceID in the heard list, then there would no way to identify which ID belonged to which device.

Paul..

Comment

In EgiGeoZone if you select the 3 dots menu there is a Technical Info selection. This screen shows both an Android UUID and a Device UUID. It is the Android UUID that shows up in the log for the first transmission. That being said, it's still easier to cut and paste via the log.

HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
      Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
      Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
        In EgiGeoZone if you select the 3 dots menu there is a Technical Info selection. This screen shows both an Android UUID and a Device UUID. It is the Android UUID that shows up in the log for the first transmission. That being said, it's still easier to cut and paste via the log.
        Seriously, copy pasting the device id... is really easy...

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

Seriously, copy pasting the device id... is really easy...
          ???
          That is what I said.

it's still easier to cut and paste via the log
          HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
          Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML

Comment

Paul, any ETA for ver.50?
            Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
            Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
            HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
              Paul, any ETA for ver.50?
              Should be later this evening, I'm just finishing off the event action to build a static map.

Paul..

Comment

Thanxs!

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I've uploaded version 3.0.0.52.
                  See release notes thread for changes.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                    I've uploaded version 3.0.0.52.
                    See release notes thread for changes.

Paul..
                    Hi Paul, default static maps are working, after setting the static maps options per user device markers also show up correctly.

However I cant seem to get the custom path or filename to work correctly, the best I can get is a image file named exactly ".png" :-)

I've tried every path string I can think of using back and forward slashes, relative and absolute paths including and excluding quotes.

My final goal is to have a custom image file name in the maps folder, I was also assuming you can have a custom file name without specifying a path, is that correct ? (I also tried specifying the path)

Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mikesnook View Post

Hi Paul, default static maps are working, after setting the static maps options per user device markers also show up correctly.

However I cant seem to get the custom path or filename to work correctly, the best I can get is a image file named exactly ".png" :-)

I've tried every path string I can think of using back and forward slashes, relative and absolute paths including and excluding quotes.

My final goal is to have a custom image file name in the maps folder, I was also assuming you can have a custom file name without specifying a path, is that correct ? (I also tried specifying the path)

Thanks,
                      Mike
                      It combines the two fields, make sure to end the path with a slash. forwards or backwards slash is based on your OS. I'm on linux so my path is:
                      /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/maps/ and file name is $YMD$-drew.png

I had to create the maps directory

EDIT: linux is case sensitive as well.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post

It combines the two fields, make sure to end the path with a slash. forwards or backwards slash is based on your OS. I'm on linux so my path is:
                        /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/maps/ and file name is $YMD$-drew.png

I had to create the maps directory

EDIT: linux is case sensitive as well.
                        Understood, however the following event produces no image at all :

Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\PHLocation2\Maps\
                        File: test.png

Tried quotes and no quotes around the folder string.

It installed on a windows box.

PS in the .vb script i use currently to generate the static maps I have to use this path, linux format on a windows box: /html/PHLocation2/Maps/. i've also tried this in the Phlocation static map event action and it didnt work.

Thanks,
                        Mike

Comment

There is an issue with the custom path / file with static maps.

Stand by for an update.

Paul..

Comment

Paul, I've set two events one for Dynamic Mapping (after your example) and Static Mapping, I'm using .png extension for both files but am only getting a static file with the proper png extension the dymaic has a filename.png within the Name field but the type is HTML file am I missing something?

PS thanxs a lot the additional feature are great now to figure out what to do... Mike

Comment

I've uploaded 3.0.0.53 which fixes the issue with the path and file names for static maps.

NOTES:
                              Static maps are image files and will have a .png extension.
                              Dynamic maps are html files and will have a .html extension.
                              If you don't override the path, then files for both static and dynamic maps will be written to the default path of \HS3\html\PHLocation2\Maps\
                              If overriding the path then you must enter the trailing slash e.g. C:\MyMaps\
                              If overriding the file name then DO NOT add the extension to the file name.

For a static map:
                              Path: \\ds213\maps\ FileName: MyTestStaticMap
                              will produce a file \\ds213\maps\MyTestStaticMap.png

For a dynamic map:
                              Path: \\ds213\maps\ FileName: MyTestDynamicMap
                              will produce a file \\ds213\maps\MyTestDynamicMap.html

Either option can be used without affecting the other. So the file name can be overridden leaving the path empty in which case it will save the file in the default location.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                                Paul, I've set two events one for Dynamic Mapping (after your example) and Static Mapping, I'm using .png extension for both files but am only getting a static file with the proper png extension the dymaic has a filename.png within the Name field but the type is HTML file am I missing something?

PS thanxs a lot the additional feature are great now to figure out what to do... Mike
                                Don't add extensions if overriding the file name.
                                Dynamic maps are output as html files which are designed to be embedded in other web pages etc. These can then be navigated in a browser etc.
                                Static maps are just an image snapshot and can be used for example in HSTouch etc.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X