X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveMunn
    replied
    Was looking for the static map option which I understand Paul is adding to his to do list, but for now I'm using a simple work around

I put this in the text box on HSTouch, turned the IsHTML to true and it shows the map and marker of the location required, may be helpful to those people who used to use the maps to display Locations in HSTouch

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=[$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceValueEx(XXX) & "," &hs.DeviceValueEx(XXX)]&zoom=17&size=640x400&markers=color:white%7Clabel:A%7C[$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceValueEx(XXX) & "," &hs.DeviceValueEx(XXX)]&maptype=hybrid&key=GOOGLE MAPS API KEY

XXX being the latitude and longitude device reference number
    "640x400" being the map size up to a max of 640x640
    "white" being the Icon marker colour
    "A" being the Icon label
    "hybrid" being the type of map required

Hope this helps for those who use it

Fantastic Plug-In Paul

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    I think it was called a “Consumer Key”. It is the free one with 15,000 calls per month.

https://developer.mapquest.com/plans

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Here I have switched to MapQuest as a provider.
    Randy, which API did you sign up for? Geocoding?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    rprade Are you using an elevation API? I'm constantly underwater, which isn't so bad since I SCUBA but..

Also, I can set the Elevation data provider but where do I enter the elevation api key? Something there doesn't make sense to me.
    I am using ElevationAPI which does not require a key. It is fairly close to what a GPS would measure (within 200 feet). My home's Elevation is 5550 feet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PHL21.png Views:	1 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	1276736
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PHL22.png Views:	1 Size:	9.3 KB ID:	1276737

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    rprade Are you using an elevation API? I'm constantly underwater, which isn't so bad since I SCUBA but..

Also, I can set the Elevation data provider but where do I enter the elevation api key? Something there doesn't make sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    I have to say your MapQuest Map of today's route(s) is definitely neat, I like the map ability to zoom in/out to expand/contract the 38 points. once I get done with my polling events the next thing is doing something with the maps.

Paul has out done himself with this PHL2 upgrade (pat yourself on the back) along with you Randy providing user guidance/design inputs. I think it's time to re-donate for his efforts on this PI, albeit this PI is a little more complex than others but has a lot of potential. MTC Mike
    Whilst I've done all the code writing, Randy has been an invaluable source of ideas and spent a lot of his time testing various incarnations of PHL1 and 2 over several years.
    He also spends time helping others on the board here, not only with this plug-in but a multitude of other things also.
    Hats off to Randy.....

Just a few words about donations.
    PHLocation was originally released in 2013 and it was always (and still is) my intention that it will remain free. There is no obligation to make a donation.
    I certainly haven't received many thousands in donations but a good number of users have donated over the years and I am truly grateful to those folks.

I'm fortunate enough to be financially comfortable (may not be if / when the fiasco that is Brexit is finally put to rest) so what I do is re-distribute all donations back into the community somehow. This can be in donations to other developers or charities etc.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    I have to say your MapQuest Map of today's route(s) is definitely neat, I like the map ability to zoom in/out to expand/contract the 38 points. once I get done with my polling events the next thing is doing something with the maps.

Paul has out done himself with this PHL2 upgrade (pat yourself on the back) along with you Randy providing user guidance/design inputs. I think it's time to re-donate for his efforts on this PI, albeit this PI is a little more complex than others but has a lot of potential. MTC Mike

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Here I have switched to MapQuest as a provider. It opens showing the full route. I messed with some of the coordinates to mask my home, but you can drill down and look individual locations and see the tool tips for each marker. Click on this link. Click on the green circles to zoom in and break up the clusters. There are actually 38 points on the map from a short trip I made today. Hover over the clusters for an idea of the area they cover.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Thank-you sir, I'm learning something new every day... I thought your recent example looked nicer than the canned square icons. Mike

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Randy where did you get the neat Trip Icons used in your map examples?
    The only icons I use are supplied with the plug-in. You can choose round or square in 8 different colors and choose any letter or no letter for each configuration. Whatever you select for the device will be used on Event generated maps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PHL15.png
Views:	15
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1276690

Name:	PHL16.png
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1276691

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Randy where did you get the neat Trip Icons used in your map examples?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    OK thanks, I'll double check my settings. BTW, is your default path based on root, the HS3 folder or something else?
    If you are referring to maps, they are in HomeSeer HS3/html/PHLocation2/Maps by default, but you can configure any local path you wish. The default name is 1234_current where 1234 is the RefID of the root device.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    OK thanks, I'll double check my settings. BTW, is your default path based on root, the HS3 folder or something else?

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Do I have to write an event to create a map? There is a map viewer tab but I don't see anything, as opposed to PH1 which gave me maps. I think I missed a class.
    Just like PHL, you can configure a map on each position root device on the PHLocation2 tab. The option for static maps is not currently there, but Paul said he may restore it.

Name:	PHL14.png
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1276649

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    Originally posted by sooty View Post

Sorry I thought I had fixed the download.
    I have just re-uploaded .42 which should now all be in order.

Paul..
    . Running .42 now . Thank you Paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X