X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sooty
    replied
    I've uploaded 3.0.0.43 See release notes topic to download.

This version adds a new (Home Location Direction) child device to position type users which works in a similar way to the Direction device on known places in V1 albeit only for the Home location.
    It has 3 statuses. Approaching, Leaving and Stopped.
    The parameters are currently hard coded but I will make them user configurable in the next release.
    It takes at least 2 same direction (getting closer to) or (getting further away from) the home location updates that are at least 300 metres apart to cause a status change. It will reset the status to "Stopped" after 10 minutes without any location updates.

NOTES on Direction Device
    1. New position based users added with this version will have the Direction child device by default.
    2. If you have existing position based users configured, then open the root devices and click the Rebuild child devices button which will add the Direction device.

The other change in this version is the ability to send Find My iPhone (FMIP) alert messages from within the plug-in.
    This is achieved with a new plug-in event action which should be self explanatory.

NOTES on FMIP alerts
    1. iDevice user types added with plug-in versions 3.0.0.43 or later will automatically have the feature enabled.
    2. iDevice user types that were added with a plug-in version < 3.0.0.43 will not have the feature enabled until the service account to which they belong has been successfully polled.
    3. If the feature is enabled for an iDevice then a "Send Test FMIP Alert" button will be visible on the PHL tab of an iDevice tpye user's root device and that device will be selectable in the event action builder.
    4. The service account to which an iDevice belongs must be active within the plug-in for the FMIP alert feature to work.
    5. The message length is currently limited to 100 characters.
    6. The message text does not support HS replacement variables although this is something that I can add if required.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    Here's my dilemma. I can either click on PHL2 > Map Viewer or I can go to the default folder. Either way, I only get a map of where I am now, not a bread crumb trail of the day. What am I missing that I wasn't missing in PHL1.

On a separate note, I know BK is broadcasting and HS3 is getting info, because I got a text from a test event I set up when I enter a specific zipcode.
    PHL1 does not automatically create a history map.

PHL2 generates history maps through an event. You can have an all user or single device map created from the device, but you must configure an event to get a history map. Near the bottom of the first post in this thread I showed my Event and a link to a sample map.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/te...location-ideas

On the map viewer you can generate a history map or All Users map.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Here's my dilemma. I can either click on PHL2 > Map Viewer or I can go to the default folder. Either way, I only get a map of where I am now, not a bread crumb trail of the day. What am I missing that I wasn't missing in PHL1.

On a separate note, I know BK is broadcasting and HS3 is getting info, because I got a text from a test event I set up when I enter a specific zipcode.

Leave a comment:

• DaveMunn
    replied
    Was looking for the static map option which I understand Paul is adding to his to do list, but for now I'm using a simple work around

I put this in the text box on HSTouch, turned the IsHTML to true and it shows the map and marker of the location required, may be helpful to those people who used to use the maps to display Locations in HSTouch

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=[$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceValueEx(XXX) & "," &hs.DeviceValueEx(XXX)]&zoom=17&size=640x400&markers=color:white%7Clabel:A%7C[$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceValueEx(XXX) & "," &hs.DeviceValueEx(XXX)]&maptype=hybrid&key=GOOGLE MAPS API KEY

XXX being the latitude and longitude device reference number
    "640x400" being the map size up to a max of 640x640
    "white" being the Icon marker colour
    "A" being the Icon label
    "hybrid" being the type of map required

Hope this helps for those who use it

Fantastic Plug-In Paul

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    I think it was called a “Consumer Key”. It is the free one with 15,000 calls per month.

https://developer.mapquest.com/plans

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Here I have switched to MapQuest as a provider.
    Randy, which API did you sign up for? Geocoding?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    rprade Are you using an elevation API? I'm constantly underwater, which isn't so bad since I SCUBA but..

Also, I can set the Elevation data provider but where do I enter the elevation api key? Something there doesn't make sense to me.
    I am using ElevationAPI which does not require a key. It is fairly close to what a GPS would measure (within 200 feet). My home's Elevation is 5550 feet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PHL21.png Views:	1 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	1276736
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PHL22.png Views:	1 Size:	9.3 KB ID:	1276737

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    rprade Are you using an elevation API? I'm constantly underwater, which isn't so bad since I SCUBA but..

Also, I can set the Elevation data provider but where do I enter the elevation api key? Something there doesn't make sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    I have to say your MapQuest Map of today's route(s) is definitely neat, I like the map ability to zoom in/out to expand/contract the 38 points. once I get done with my polling events the next thing is doing something with the maps.

Paul has out done himself with this PHL2 upgrade (pat yourself on the back) along with you Randy providing user guidance/design inputs. I think it's time to re-donate for his efforts on this PI, albeit this PI is a little more complex than others but has a lot of potential. MTC Mike
    Whilst I've done all the code writing, Randy has been an invaluable source of ideas and spent a lot of his time testing various incarnations of PHL1 and 2 over several years.
    He also spends time helping others on the board here, not only with this plug-in but a multitude of other things also.
    Hats off to Randy.....

Just a few words about donations.
    PHLocation was originally released in 2013 and it was always (and still is) my intention that it will remain free. There is no obligation to make a donation.
    I certainly haven't received many thousands in donations but a good number of users have donated over the years and I am truly grateful to those folks.

I'm fortunate enough to be financially comfortable (may not be if / when the fiasco that is Brexit is finally put to rest) so what I do is re-distribute all donations back into the community somehow. This can be in donations to other developers or charities etc.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    I have to say your MapQuest Map of today's route(s) is definitely neat, I like the map ability to zoom in/out to expand/contract the 38 points. once I get done with my polling events the next thing is doing something with the maps.

Paul has out done himself with this PHL2 upgrade (pat yourself on the back) along with you Randy providing user guidance/design inputs. I think it's time to re-donate for his efforts on this PI, albeit this PI is a little more complex than others but has a lot of potential. MTC Mike

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Here I have switched to MapQuest as a provider. It opens showing the full route. I messed with some of the coordinates to mask my home, but you can drill down and look individual locations and see the tool tips for each marker. Click on this link. Click on the green circles to zoom in and break up the clusters. There are actually 38 points on the map from a short trip I made today. Hover over the clusters for an idea of the area they cover.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Thank-you sir, I'm learning something new every day... I thought your recent example looked nicer than the canned square icons. Mike

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Randy where did you get the neat Trip Icons used in your map examples?
    The only icons I use are supplied with the plug-in. You can choose round or square in 8 different colors and choose any letter or no letter for each configuration. Whatever you select for the device will be used on Event generated maps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PHL15.png
Views:	101
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1276690

Click image for larger version

Name:	PHL16.png
Views:	103
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1276691

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Randy where did you get the neat Trip Icons used in your map examples?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    OK thanks, I'll double check my settings. BTW, is your default path based on root, the HS3 folder or something else?
    If you are referring to maps, they are in HomeSeer HS3/html/PHLocation2/Maps by default, but you can configure any local path you wish. The default name is 1234_current where 1234 is the RefID of the root device.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X