X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNB
    replied
    Thanxs Randy I will make the necessary tweeking it the hope of resolving this issue. Would weak phone signal strength (2 Bars) be contributor? Mike

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    John, thanxs for explanation. I think part of the issue is related to Geofency app I noticed that both my home and inner Perimeter had the same "Monitoring Radius" 100 under the settings, both were set for 100 meter or ~328 feet. I've updated to move my inner Perimeter to 200 meters in the hope that might help, we'll see. Mike

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Randy, I've been noticing that I'm getting multiple Enter/Exit alerts whilst at home with my phone not moving (next to bed charging). Looking at my Geofency History I can verify the same. Why and what can I do to avoid false alarms? Mike
    This is a GeoFency issue and not at all related to PHL. It depends on your phone and its sight of the GPS satellites. As John was explaining, this is the product of varying accuracy of your phone's GPS. How large is your fence? With our older iphones we had to go out to 300-500 meters to get this to stop. With the newer phones we can reduce that distance. My new iPhone doesn't false trigger even at 100 meters. Our watches (on iCloud) are less stable. I honestly do not see any reason the fence needs to be that tight. the iOS devices can also be adjusted in terms of minimum distance to move and the Known Locations by virtue of their radius.

It is all a matter of tuning your system to match the stability and accuracy of your GPS equipped devices. I think one mistake people make is trying to get the radius of fences and the minimum distance to move too tight.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Randy, per chance could you share your latest PHL2 Event examples, I find them to be of great value especially as you've matured them over time. Thanxs in advance Mike
    I started a new thread here.

Leave a comment:

• Simplex Technology
    replied
    Originally posted by MattLau View Post
    I had this too maybe 20 times in a year.

I tought I was because I live in a basement.
    Well that could cause problems as well. GPS is a radio signal and buildings/walls can cause interference. Some apps will compensate and others won't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X