X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    I thought I seen in an earlier post about GeoFency posting to HS Logfile.
    Only initially, before the root account is set up.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post

In my MyHS service, I can select “Manage” instead of “Access” and then setup users. For each user I can select which hometroller they have access to, then on the hometroller I setup each users access level. Based on the other posts here, I assume that I should setup an HS user with Guest access rights for Geofency so that even if someone were to grab the user name and password that it would only be for guess access rights?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Do you have MyHS premium? I do not have those choices.
    At login I can choose between Access and Manage

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1276080

In Manage, I have these choices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1276079

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    There is no issue with authentication. PHL2 does not log normal communications, only errors and warnings. When a GeoFency post is normal, it is not an error and is not logged. Debug logging is now sent to a file, when selected.
    Randy, again thanxs for the confirmation, I feel a little better as I thought I seen in an earlier post about GeoFency posting to HS Logfile.

I thought Paul was going to do release today, was waiting to download and plugin. Mike

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    You are mixing two different method. If you use MyHS, you do not control the user, HomeSeer does through the MyHS communication protocol. Unless I missed something MyHS always gives admin access.
    In my MyHS service, I can select “Manage” instead of “Access” and then setup users. For each user I can select which hometroller they have access to, then on the hometroller I setup each users access level. Based on the other posts here, I assume that I should setup an HS user with Guest access rights for Geofency so that even if someone were to grab the user name and password that it would only be for guess access rights?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post

What user account did you configure within GF to authenticate to the HS server?
    I used the MyHS methodology which is using my admin logon credential. Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X