X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madmellow
    replied
    I concur that PHL2 is not usable with iPhone at this time. Between the "Validation failed" messages, the notifications on the phone of external logins every 2-5 minutes, and the just-stopped polling situations it's of no value. I can usually get one or two phones to work at a time, for a time, but that's about it. I'll wait for further updates.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    It looks like Apple screwed up 2FA verification again. I sent Paul an email with this information. He is working again so it may be the weekend before he will respond.

Leave a comment:

• mwaite
    replied
    Multiple iPhones no longer authenticate. It starts by getting slammed from Apple stating someone is trying to access your account - occurs every x minutes matching the polling interval. Last time I was able to RESET the Apple account on PHLocation tab. This time that didn't work, so I RESET the account and go through the 2FA process. The code is sent and entered, but PHLocation always shows "Validation failed. See log for details."

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	42
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1298258
    In the log there is only these two lines, not helpful! I also put PHLocation2 in debug logging mode and there is nothing in there with regards to authentication, only polling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	36
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1298259

This is happening on multiple iPhones now, my PHLocation is useless, I don't know how to proceed!!

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Hi Paul

I am running PHL2 v.63 and I am seeing repetitive errors against my wife's iCloud device.

Apr-09 13:08:16 PHLocation2 Error (UpdateDevices) IC Error processing Content No: 3 for **removed**@gmail.com EX:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at k.c.c(Int32 A_0)

I see this 3 or 4 times at plugin startup and then regularly at what I believe are the polling intervals on her iCloud account.

I am not seeing any errors against my iCloud account.

What can I do to troubleshoot this? Debug log capture perhaps

Many thanks in advance
    James

Leave a comment:

• Jack Guydish
    replied
    Having an issue with 3 devices for my iPhone - Device Status, Battery Percentage, and Charging. All three are showing values for my old iPhone. All other devices are correct for my new iPhone from what I can tell. I have rebuilt the child devices and have "Ignore Unknown Devices" checked in the configuration tab. Anyone else have an issue when switching phones? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• jezza
    replied
    Hi All,
    I have events making static map's, however I can see them get created but they disappear immediately after they are created.
    I can see them appear in windows and then they're gone.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Malosa
    replied
    Originally posted by madmellow View Post
    That explains a lot. Silly me, I thought that I could just put the ASP in the PW field and it would work. Oh, well, I guess that I'll have to reset every so often. Thanks
    same here haha

Leave a comment:

• madmellow
    replied
    That explains a lot. Silly me, I thought that I could just put the ASP in the PW field and it would work. Oh, well, I guess that I'll have to reset every so often. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mjolsen
    replied
    The issue with App Specific Passwords is that phlocation would need to support. my ask to sooty is can phlocation support both models or just switch to ASP.

m

Leave a comment:

• madmellow
    replied
    I've been working for several hours over several days to get Application-Specific Passwords (ASP) for my Apple IDs to work with PHL2. Things work fine with the native Apple password, but fail when using the ASP. I'd appreciate any insights or advice.

Leave a comment:

• madmellow
    replied
    I have 3 iCloud accounts, each of which has just (apparently) reached end of 2FA. I'm trying to re-authenticate using App-Specific passwords. Unfortunately I cannot get any of them to reset 2FA using either the native of App-Specific passwords. Each time is says "Check Log", which shows nothing. Furthermore, and possibly at the root of the problem, the edit screen for each of the three service accounts starts up with the user name (and presumedly PW) of the last account added. I can change and save, but it comes back to the other account on next edit. I supposed that I can delete all three and start over, but that seems like a pain. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    Originally posted by mjolsen View Post

yeah, I have to reset auth for iCloud every month or so it seems. Curious if this is fixable or something we're gonna have to live with?
    sooty - Have you looked at Apple application passwords? Seems it may solve the problem? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397

thx,
    mike
    I haven't had this issue but thinking back I may have set it up using "Apple application passwords". Not 100% sure although I have used AAPs in the past.

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied
    Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
    I have HSTouch text elements that intermittently do not update properly with the PHLocation2 Current Location device status string. Sometimes they update correctly and other times they update to "Text". It appears to only happen when a new known place is entered--as opposed to any other location update--although I can't say this with certainty yet. I'm guessing this is the result of the HS device status being empty or possibly not properly receiving the data from the HS server. Since these are the only status text elements in my HSTouch project exhibiting this behavior I surmise it's not an issue of not receiving the data properly. Is it possible that at the instant the Location device is updated--and therefore triggers an update of the element in HSTouch--the string is empty and is then is overwritten with the new status after HSTouch has been updated? And writing the new status doesn't change the Last Updated stamp and therefore doesn't trigger update of the HSTouch element? Or other explanation?

I'm relatively new to both PHLocation and HSTouch so let me know if this is something I should be posting this in that sub.

Thanks.
    Now have the project running on three Windows HS3Touch clients (one local, 2 MyHS) and the same status element shows "Text" on one remotely connected client and the correct Known Location on the local and the other remote. Would seem to be a timing issue, but why? Hmmm.

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied
    I have HSTouch text elements that intermittently do not update properly with the PHLocation2 Current Location device status string. Sometimes they update correctly and other times they update to "Text". It appears to only happen when a new known place is entered--as opposed to any other location update--although I can't say this with certainty yet. I'm guessing this is the result of the HS device status being empty or possibly not properly receiving the data from the HS server. Since these are the only status text elements in my HSTouch project exhibiting this behavior I surmise it's not an issue of not receiving the data properly. Is it possible that at the instant the Location device is updated--and therefore triggers an update of the element in HSTouch--the string is empty and is then is overwritten with the new status after HSTouch has been updated? And writing the new status doesn't change the Last Updated stamp and therefore doesn't trigger update of the HSTouch element? Or other explanation?

I'm relatively new to both PHLocation and HSTouch so let me know if this is something I should be posting this in that sub.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mjolsen
    replied
    Originally posted by mda View Post
    rprade sooty Curious if you think you are close to a solve for the 2FA expiration issue? I am holding off rolling our PHLocation2 pending this so just checking on timing. Thanks for all you do!
    yeah, I have to reset auth for iCloud every month or so it seems. Curious if this is fixable or something we're gonna have to live with?
    sooty - Have you looked at Apple application passwords? Seems it may solve the problem? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397

thx,
    mike
    App-specific passwords allow you to sign in to your account securely when you use third-party apps with your Apple ID.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X