• MNB
    replied
    Originally posted by Timon View Post
    Which version of easy trigger?
    John, I'm using v.56 (beta)

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Thanxs Randy, I thought I was being thick again but when I created the same event I was seeing both devices mirroring each other as they both originate for the same source. I thought maybe if I manually set the previous to another previous but again the same dynamic would be in play. Out of curiosity have you ever created an event that would do what Steve proposed?

I thought I remembered something similar where as one was using Virtual Devices to capture previous condition whilst combing throught the forum but can't remember where. Mike

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post

Steve, question I'm watching how my events are triggering (sequencing) and by large everything seems to work as expected, but I'm looking at the "PHL- Steve - Update Previous Location" event and "Steve phone Current Location" device and believe that the Previous location is being written by the current location at the same time since its condition is "enters known location: Any." which means that both the Current Location and the Previous Location reflect the same place at the same time as they are being updated with by the same mechanism I added a image of both of my Previous and Current at showing "Home" which I would have expected them to be different at all times, what am I missing? What are you selecting within the "Options>??Mike
    Just think about it...

You are triggering on the phone entering a known location. At that moment the current location changes to where you are right now, then the Event copies your current location to the previous location - making them both your now current location. You will need to move your current location to the previous known location before you enter a new one. This will be difficult logic to figure out.

I would be curious how Steve's works since he uses the same logic

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    Which version of easy trigger?

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Originally posted by slbuck View Post

UPDATE: After posting on the EasyTrigger forum, Spud got me straightened out. I'm currently testing to validate that it's working. The reason it was failing is that the status-control type has to be set to Both and should not be a clone of a plugin controlled device. When I created a new virtual device and replicated all the status graphics and values, made the status-controls Both, and set the device as a Status Only Device, EasyTrigger is now able to update the device. Here is the new device along with the new simpler event to update it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	phlocation2-event-update-previous-location.PNG Views:	2 Size:	28.2 KB ID:	1285294
    Steve, question I'm watching how my events are triggering (sequencing) and by large everything seems to work as expected, but I'm looking at the "PHL- Steve - Update Previous Location" event and "Steve phone Current Location" device and believe that the Previous location is being written by the current location at the same time since its condition is "enters known location: Any." which means that both the Current Location and the Previous Location reflect the same place at the same time as they are being updated with by the same mechanism I added a image of both of my Previous and Current at showing "Home" which I would have expected them to be different at all times, what am I missing? What are you selecting within the "Options>??Mike
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Thanxs Steve, I need to re-group and re-test my known location events, originally I had the problem where the above event had "None" as a location in both my TTS and HS3 Log entry, hence the request I know whilst doing minor tweaks I may have somehow created the situation (not sure how). I will update to reflect my latest... Mike

Update: Steve I notice that within the Previous Location device one of the options is "None" (-1) along with "Multiple Locations" and "Home" so "None" seems to be a valid location. Mike

Leave a comment:

• slbuck
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Paul, in one of your recent updates you added "Any" to your PHL2 command is it possible to add "None" because I thought "Any" was for any known locations but it also includes "None", it would be nice to be able say: If User: X enters or exits know location: Any (known) but not None.

I like the ability to have None within the Current Locations but I have to create three statements to exclude Home and None when entering or exiting a known location, Mike
    I have events that fire for enter/exit using the Any location, but it does not fire when the known location changes to none.

Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-event-known-locations.png
Views:	19
Size:	387.9 KB
ID:	1287129

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Two issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure the answer is Yes but just to make sure I'll ask.

I assume there is no issue with changing "inside" and "outside" to some other word that makes sense such as "arrived" and "departed", "near" and "not near" or anything else we like. I understand that when a new location is created it will be set to "inside" and "outside" however I would not object if we had a place where we could set our own defaults which would be used when a new location is created.

What information is needed to make a GPS tracking device useable with PHLocate2? I tried to find at what is sent from Geofency but couldn't find anything. I was going to contact SPOT about their Spot Trace and what methods they can use to send out data using their API. However, I'd like to better understand how you can receive before I contact them.
    You can change the fence status text as you assume.

For how data is sent to PHL2, look at the help on custom position or custom fence devices.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Paul, in one of your recent updates you added "Any" to your PHL2 command is it possible to add "None" because I thought "Any" was for any known locations but it also includes "None", it would be nice to be able say: If User: X enters or exits know location: Any (known) but not None.

I like the ability to have None within the Current Locations but I have to create three statements to exclude Home and None when entering or exiting a known location, Mike

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    Two issues.

I'm sure the answer is Yes but just to make sure I'll ask.

I assume there is no issue with changing "inside" and "outside" to some other word that makes sense such as "arrived" and "departed", "near" and "not near" or anything else we like. I understand that when a new location is created it will be set to "inside" and "outside" however I would not object if we had a place where we could set our own defaults which would be used when a new location is created.

What information is needed to make a GPS tracking device useable with PHLocate2? I tried to find at what is sent from Geofency but couldn't find anything. I was going to contact SPOT about their Spot Trace and what methods they can use to send out data using their API. However, I'd like to better understand how you can receive before I contact them.

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    It is phl2api for PHL2. You will need to change the URL in all of your fences.

You post to /phl2api?dtype=GF either through MyHS or port forwarding.
    Being a beta I not surprised the data in the manual was wrong. It now updates and adds the Fences correctly.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Quick update:

I'm busy for a few days with some unscheduled work but I will get back to the plug-in at the weekend.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    This is strange. PHLocation will work when I turn it on but not PHLocation2. I'm using the same Device ID since I never got a new one.

Still working to find out what's going on.

EDIT: I did find this error in the logs.
    File does not exist: /opt/HomeSeer/html/phlapi
    It is phl2api for PHL2. You will need to change the URL in all of your fences.

You post to /phl2api?dtype=GF either through MyHS or port forwarding.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied

I thought they would be where the other's were located but I was wrong. Thanks for pointing that out. Now to get all the locations I already have on my phone to show up. So far none are there yet.
    It works just like in V1. Create a GeoFency user device, post a fence entry from your phone and grab the Device ID from the HS log and enter it on the PHL tab of the GeoFency user root device. Once the User ID is on the root, fences will be auto created as they post.

If you still have V1 running, the device ID may not show up in the log.

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    This is strange. PHLocation will work when I turn it on but not PHLocation2. I'm using the same Device ID since I never got a new one.

Still working to find out what's going on.

EDIT: I did find this error in the logs.

File does not exist: /opt/HomeSeer/html/phlapi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X