Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do it from your browser, you are not sending any data, so it will of course be an error. The application on your phone sends a packet of data to the URL. Do the HS PHL2 fence devices update from your phone? You will not see log entries if it is successful, unless you have debug logging enabled, or if there is no properly configured PHL GF root device.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Did you capture the Device ID and add it to the root?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	15.6 KB ID:	1275073

If you haven't done that a successful post should generate a log entry.

One thing that sticks out is your URL

http://192.168.0.xx:XXXX/phl2api?dtype=GF

What port is HS running on? I'm thinking you are using the port of the PHL1 web server.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        I forgot about the old URL for PHL1. The new API is just phl2api?dtype=GF, no matter how you post, because it uses the HomeSeer web server.

How are you posting? Through MyHS, port forwarding or a VPN? The MyHs credentials are used with MyHS, local admin credentials would be used for port forwarding or VPN. I do not need credentials for VPN, because it appears as a local connection and I have "No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)" enabled. In this case it doesn't matter what credentials are used, but I put in my local admin credentials.

If your old was Notify on Entry and Exit - http://mnb.XXX.XXX:80XX/phlgeofency
        The new would be Notify on Entry and Exit - http://mnb.XXX.XXX:80/phl2api?dtype=GF

What I don't know is if the 80XX was the port number of the old PHL web server. If your HS web server uses the default HTTP port (80) it can be omitted, if using VPN.

Port forwarding would require using your external port.
        I guess this makes it hard to run things in parallel. I could create duplicate fences withing Geofency, but that's probably more work than I want to go through. It will be easier to edit them to change the URL, build the new devices in HS and then update my events.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
          Ok, I first entered you suggestion using my local lan;
          http://192.168.0.XX:XXXX/phl2api?dtype=GF within my GeoFency app and performed Test connection Entry/Exit and got "Successful ["CTime", "1/11/2019 5:04:10 PM"] message for both Entry/Exit, however whilst looking at my HS3 Log I did not see any entry.
          I just tried it here and get the following in my log with the Entry/Exit tests:

Jan-11 3:16:10 PMPHLocation2 Warning(ProcessFenceUpdate) Fence data received from unknown device ID [V-W-X-Y-Z]!

device ID has been obfuscated.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

I guess this makes it hard to run things in parallel. I could create duplicate fences withing Geofency, but that's probably more work than I want to go through. It will be easier to edit them to change the URL, build the new devices in HS and then update my events.
            That is true. I set PHL2 up and posted from a test fence to confirm it was all working. After I confirmed, I changed the URLs in my phone and edited the Events as you stated. You can run them in parallel, by creating duplicate fences in GeoFency, using the different URLs and credentials.

Comment

I just tried it here and get the following in my log with the Entry/Exit tests:

Jan-11 3:16:10 PMPHLocation2 Warning(ProcessFenceUpdate) Fence data received from unknown device ID [V-W-X-Y-Z]!

device ID has been obfuscated.
              Then you add that device ID to the PHL2 GF root device, just like PHL1.

Geofency Device ID

All Geofence based user devices are added the same way and require the DeviceID from the mobile app.

Set up and configure the relevant app on your mobile device. Once this has been done and an upload attempt has been made from the mobile app, an orange warning entry will be written to the Homeseer log explaining that incoming data could not be matched to a known device. Within that message will be the DeviceID for that instance of the application enclosed in square brackets. e.g.[A123B654C987]. The ID is the part between (not including) the square brackets. Copy the ID from the HS log and enter it here.

Comment

Then you add that device ID to the PHL2 GF root device, just like PHL1.
                Yes, thanks, took me a bit to figure that out, as for some reason I was thinking that it was going to auto-add the device

Comment

Yes, thanks, took me a bit to figure that out, as for some reason I was thinking that it was going to auto-add the device
                  Yep. I suspect Michael is not posting to the correct port.

Comment

Did you capture the Device ID and add it to the root?

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	15.6 KB ID:	1275073

If you haven't done that a successful post should generate a log entry.

One thing that sticks out is your URL

http://192.168.0.xx:XXXX/phl2api?dtype=GF

What port is HS running on? I'm thinking you are using the port of the PHL1 web server.
                    Randy, I'm using the same port as my HS3 which I is different than my PHL1 Server port, my HS3 port was changed from the default 80 (minor security change) to something different. I'm obviously using my PHL1 experiences and am trying to update my PHL2 experience, what I was able to do is add nine new Geofency devices within HS3 whilst doing GeoFency Entry/Exit test so it appears that the App is communicating with HS3.

I have to go and get some take-out this evening so will test the new app to ensure that we are working, will advise if I run into issues. Question what Polling Interval are you currently using as default (I know that they change based on events)?
                    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post

Randy, I'm using the same port as my HS3 which I is different than my PHL1 Server port, my HS3 port was changed from the default 80 (minor security change) to something different. I'm obviously using my PHL1 experiences and am trying to update my PHL2 experience, what I was able to do is add nine new Geofency devices within HS3 whilst doing GeoFency Entry/Exit test so it appears that the App is communicating with HS3.

I have to go and get some take-out this evening so will test the new app to ensure that we are working, will advise if I run into issues. Question what Polling Interval are you currently using as default (I know that they change based on events)?
                      My polling changes based upon Events from 1 minute to 45 minutes. There is no longer a "default".

We are heading out for dinner as well. I will be back in an hour or two.

Comment

Quick Update:

I've been working with a couple of users to resolve some issues with Backitude and Egi Tracking which has taken up most of the day today.

It's bed time for me now here in the UK so I will get to the other support issues tomorrow.

Paul..

Comment

Paul,

PHL2 is mostly configured and I have to say, bravo!

Paul or Randy,

Which API from Bing & Mapquest should we use? They both offer a number of different ones. I’m assuming (not usually a good idea) to choose reverse geocoding but wanted to check.

I copied the iBeacon info from one to another. The original will on Geofency go near/not near but the “copy” with a different name will not. Any ideas?

Thanks
                          Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                            Paul,

PHL2 is mostly configured and I have to say, bravo!

Paul or Randy,

Which API from Bing & Mapquest should we use? They both offer a number of different ones. I’m assuming (not usually a good idea) to choose reverse geocoding but wanted to check.

I copied the iBeacon info from one to another. The original will on Geofency go near/not near but the “copy” with a different name will not. Any ideas?

Thanks
                            You cannot copy GeoFency Devices. They are automatically created when GeoFency posts. Once you have created the GeoFency account and gotten the ID into the PHL GF root device, use webhook to test post every fence and iBeacon. They will be created with the same names as used in your phone(s). As you post from your phone, it will create the devices.

WRT API codes, it is late. I will try to post tomorrow.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. Maybe I can blame it on a 12 hour day...
                              Michael

Comment

I've uploaded version 3.0.0.38
                                The link is in post #1

This version fixes FollowMee which wasn't working in the last version along with some other small bugs.

From the support requests I have already handled there are a couple of things I think are worth pointing out.

1. When adding new or changing existing Service Accounts and / or User Devices within the plug-in it is imperative that you go to the PHLocation2 tab within the device config page and hit the Save Changes button. Failure to do this will result in the device configuration options not being saved.

2. There appears to be some confusion over how polled service accounts work so I will attempt to explain.

With a polled service account (iCloud, Life360, FollowMee). The plug-in polls the account at a user specified interval and obtains information for all devices linked to that account. There could be any number of devices linked to an account.

Adding these type of accounts to the plug-in is a 2-stage process.

Stage - 1
                                A Service Account is added where you provide the user credentials to access the service.
                                This will create a group of 3 devices. Root, Account Status and Polling Interval.
                                The Root device holds the account configuration.
                                The Account status device does just that (shows the account status) and has a button to force a manual poll. Between polls the status will show as "Waiting".
                                The Polling interval device is as its name suggests used to control the polling interval.

When a Service Account has been added and saved, go to it's Account Status device in the main HS3 device management page and hit the Poll button.
                                Assuming the credentials are OK, it will then poll the account and obtain a list of devices linked to the account.

Stage - 2
                                The plug-in does not automatically add all devices from an account to HS3. This is so the user can choose which devices to add.
                                An example may be an iCloud account that has 2 iPhones, 3 iPads and and some MacBooks. The user may not want to be tracking the location of some of those devices so it is pointless adding them to the plug-in.
                                In the case of iCloud, more devices being tracked slows things down.

Once an initial successful poll has taken place the plug-in will have an internal list of "Heard Devices" for an account.
                                From the Users/Devices page you can choose which of these devices you want included in the plug-in.

NOTE:
                                A device type will only show in the list if there are "Heard" devices for that service account type so a poll must be done first.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X