Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having trouble generating custom position devices like I have in the original phlocation. Where do you put the information for the longitude and latitude devices in phlocation2?

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
      I'm having trouble generating custom position devices like I have in the original phlocation. Where do you put the information for the longitude and latitude devices in phlocation2?
      I guess I don’t undersnd your question. On a Custom position device, lat and long are sent to PHL2 by the application. What kind of custom position device are you adding? How do you send the coordinates to HS3?
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        I guess I don’t undersnd your question. On a Custom position device, lat and long are sent to PHL2 by the application. What kind of custom position device are you adding? How do you send the coordinates to HS3?
        On original phlocation I had a user device that took the latitude from a device (outside the plugin) and longitude from a device (outside the plugin) and created a custom device in the plugin. Sorry I’m making it sound so confusing. There is probably something obvious I’m missing...

Comment

If I remember correctly Jay, I originally added the (position from external HS devices) option in V1 specifically for you. Not sure if anyone else was using it.

It's not there in V2 so that's why you can't find it

I'll add it back in but it will probably be later next week.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post

If I remember correctly Jay, I originally added the (position from external) devices option in V1 specifically for you. Not sure if anyone else was using it.

It's not there in V2 so that's why you can't find it

I'll add it back in but it will probably be later next week.

Paul..
            Gotcha. Thanks. I have a feeling there are many more users who would want it as there now is a tesla plugin that grabs that information for the user. I’m still able to use the now defunct tesla streaming api to grab it.

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks. I have a feeling there are many more users who would want it as there now is a tesla plugin that grabs that information for the user. I’m still able to use the now defunct tesla streaming api to grab it.
              In V1 there was a buffer so it would wait (nn time) after a monitored device update came in to see if any more updates came in for related devices before processing. That was done to prevent it triggering multiple times for what is essentially the same update.

I assume the requirements are still along the same lines.....

Paul..

Comment

In V1 there was a buffer so it would wait (nn time) after a monitored device update came in to see if any more updates came in for related devices before processing. That was done to prevent it triggering multiple times for what is essentially the same update.

I assume the requirements are still along the same lines.....

Paul..
                I have a script that pulls the data from a database every 10 seconds so I don’t think I would need that. But the phlocation V1 works perfectly. How long was the buffer?

Comment

A minor bug but icloud polling intervals can't be set for greater than 2hr. All the control buttons above 2hr cause an PHLocation2 Error in the log.
                  (SetIOMulti) Invalid minutes value: 480 passed for 2613

Steve

Comment

I have a script that pulls the data from a database every 10 seconds so I don’t think I would need that. But the phlocation V1 works perfectly. How long was the buffer?
                    From memory it was 1 second.

As an example a location could be thought of as 3 pieces of data (latitude, longitude and accuracy). Generally these 3 data items would be combined and sent or received as a single "Position" object. Upon receiving such an object, an application can extract the individual bits of data and process accordingly.

In the case of monitoring HS3 devices when each bit of data is in a different device, the data bits may all be updated at different times. In reality this would be within a few milliseconds for a single location update but still it would be 3 separate updates causing 3 triggers.

The buffer was designed to stop the multiple triggers.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                      A minor bug but icloud polling intervals can't be set for greater than 2hr. All the control buttons above 2hr cause an PHLocation2 Error in the log.
                      (SetIOMulti) Invalid minutes value: 480 passed for 2613

Steve
                      Onto it now...

Paul..

Comment

From memory it was 1 second.

As an example a location could be thought of as 3 pieces of data (latitude, longitude and accuracy). Generally these 3 data items would be combined and sent or received as a single "Position" object. Upon receiving such an object, an application can extract the individual bits of data and process accordingly.

In the case of monitoring HS3 devices when each bit of data is in a different device, the data bits may all be updated at different times. In reality this would be within a few milliseconds for a single location update but still it would be 3 separate updates causing 3 triggers.

The buffer was designed to stop the multiple triggers.

Paul..
                        I see. Then probably the same buffer you had previous works well.

Comment

I'm running into an issue with 2FA on adding an iPhone. I was able to add my phone fine, but for my wife's phone, I get this message:

Code:
                          (Validate2faCode) SendCode Error for Ref:7955 Code=400 Text=Exception: The remote server returned an error: (412)
                          Any ideas?

Thanks
                          Al
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                            I'm running into an issue with 2FA on adding an iPhone. I was able to add my phone fine, but for my wife's phone, I get this message:

Code:
                            (Validate2faCode) SendCode Error for Ref:7955 Code=400 Text=Exception: The remote server returned an error: (412)
                            Any ideas?

Thanks
                            Al

I assume your wife's phone is on a different iCloud account?

Try logging into that iCloud account with a browser at icloud.com.
                            When logging in with the browser you will likely get a message asking you to confirm some security setting. Accept that and once you are into the iCloud main page, log out.

Try connecting from the plug-in again.

Paul..

Comment

Thanks Paul, will try that. Yes, it is on a separate account.
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Quick Update:

I've been working with a couple of users to resolve some issues with Backitude and Egi Tracking which has taken up most of the day today.

It's bed time for me now here in the UK so I will get to the other support issues tomorrow.

Paul..
                                Just to be clear though, I thought egi was going the way of the dodo bird?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X