Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i did check but no apple device is showing up at all.
    The verification went all correct with no problem.
    i did see post #60

maybe i doing something wrong, but i checked the add user, but i cant choose any idevice.

regards
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Jan-13 00:23:53 PHLocation2 Error (Logout) IC WebException for Ref:4142 Msg:The remote server returned an error: (421) Misdirected Request.
      Jan-13 00:23:51 PHLocation2 (SetIOMulti) Manual poll called for iCloud account: @gmail.com
      Jan-13 00:23:51 Device Control Device: PHLocation2 PHLocation2 Account Status to Poll (-1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Getting these errors after deselecting ignore unknown devices

i did try again and get this
      Jan-13 00:27:50 PHLocation2 Error (idmsaAuthenticate) webException for Ref: 4142 Ex:The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.

Comment

Apple Family Sharing?

Will PHL2 have the ability to see all devices in Family Sharing? Only the devices under the primary Apple ID (mine) show up.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

I did restart the plugin and it works good now, it shows up.

Comment

For the Life360 error, I have restarted multiple times and it does not seem to have any effect.
            Billy

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
              Apple Family Sharing?

Will PHL2 have the ability to see all devices in Family Sharing? Only the devices under the primary Apple ID (mine) show up.

Thanks,

Jim
              No, I had to create service accounts for my wife and for me separately. iCloud only shows my devices, even though my wife is part of family sharing.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                For the Life360 error, I have restarted multiple times and it does not seem to have any effect.
                I'll have to defer to Paul. Mine connected first try and all the users were there. So I know it can work.

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                  Apple Family Sharing?

Thanks,

Jim
                  I've always had to add them with their own iCloud ID.
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Randy, per chance do you have the URL's for ElevationApi and MapQuest that you used? Rather than looking through the haystack of information and "rabbit holes" it would help if we could go directly to the source(s).

We I now have the following established;
                    • iCloud Account
                    • Geofency Device with associated GeoFency fences (around 9)
                    • iCloud Device - My iPhone
                    I noticed that my iCloud and iCloud Device are working as the iCloud and iPhone particulars (devices) are updating. Only the GeoFency devices that are associated with my local LAN are being updated e.g. door iBeacons (2x) and vehicle iBeacon when I'm in the driveway. It appears that my GeoFency devices that are not associated with my local LAN e.g. Perimeter fences which are well beyond my local LAN and are dependent on external internet for their communications link are not working. As I have a Satellite internet connection with a dynamic IP address, I've been using NoIP to facilitate a static IP host which was working well so as you indicated I'm still working on the correct Port number. Question as I mention yesterday I have a different port for my HS3 rather than the standard port 80, I thought phlocate2 should also have this different port number to match what my HS3 is using or are you implying that PHLocate2 has to be set to port 80? Mike
                    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      For those of you posting from 3rd party apps like GeoFency, PHL2 does not use its own web server, it uses the HS built-in server. The posting is still the same as before with two changes 1) it now uses your HomeSeer web server port (usually 80) so create your port forwarding rules and structure the URL accordingly. 2) The api is now phl2api, with the original it was phlapi. The dtypes are the same as listed in the PHL documentation.

If you are posting to GeoFency for example it will be:

MYHS:
                      https://connected2.homeseer.com/phl2api?dtype=GF
                      Use your MyHS login credentials

Direct through port forwarding:
                      http://[ddns domain name]:[external port]/phl2api?dtype=GF
                      if you have "No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)" no credentials are required, otherwise use your HS admin account credentials.

Direct through VPN:
                      http://[HS local IP]:[HS port - not required if 80]/phl2api?dtype=GF
                      if you have "No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)" no credentials are required, otherwise use your HS admin account credentials.
                      Randy, I was doing some further investigating, I turned my WiFi on my iPhone to OFF and use the browser and entered http://mnb.XXX.XXX:10210 which gave me a login screen, I entered my HS3 Admin account credentials which allowed me to see my HS3 Device Control Screen. Looking at my Setup >Network tab I noticed that under "Web Server Settings" I have the "No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)" enabled so... I'm not sure why I'm being prompted for credentials.

Question based on my particulars how/where do I enter HS3 User Name/Password? Mike

UPDATE: Never mind I forgot that the Username and Password is in the GeoFency app. I told you I'm a little slow... lo and behold I am able to successfully test both Entry and Exit within the GeoFency app.
                      Last edited by randy; January 14, 2019, 09:17 PM. Reason: corrected URL

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Ok now that I'm up and running what is the pro/con using MYHS vs Direct through port forward vs VPN is there a lag (time) penalty going through MYHS? Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                          Randy, per chance do you have the URL's for ElevationApi and MapQuest that you used? Rather than looking through the haystack of information and "rabbit holes" it would help if we could go directly to the source(s).

We I now have the following established;
                          • iCloud Account
                          • Geofency Device with associated GeoFency fences (around 9)
                          • iCloud Device - My iPhone
                          I noticed that my iCloud and iCloud Device are working as the iCloud and iPhone particulars (devices) are updating. Only the GeoFency devices that are associated with my local LAN are being updated e.g. door iBeacons (2x) and vehicle iBeacon when I'm in the driveway. It appears that my GeoFency devices that are not associated with my local LAN e.g. Perimeter fences which are well beyond my local LAN and are dependent on external internet for their communications link are not working. As I have a Satellite internet connection with a dynamic IP address, I've been using NoIP to facilitate a static IP host which was working well so as you indicated I'm still working on the correct Port number. Question as I mention yesterday I have a different port for my HS3 rather than the standard port 80, I thought phlocate2 should also have this different port number to match what my HS3 is using or are you implying that PHLocate2 has to be set to port 80? Mike
                          As I wrote at the beginning of the thread ElevationAPI, does not require a key, so I don't know what you mean by URL. Just select ElevationAPI as the provider. For Mapquest I used https://developer.mapquest.com and created a new account and got a free key.

For local access GeoFency would post to the IP address of your HS server and its port number if different than 80. For external access you would need a port forwarding rule in your router. The forwarding rule would be from an external port of your choice, forwarded to the IP and port number of your HS server. Then your phone would post to the No-Ip domain and external port you chose. If it was working before, you would just need to modify the port forwarding rule. PHL1 defaulted to 8026, you would just change that to the port of your HS# server.

I highly recommend you consider MyHS. The security is much better than exposing your HS server to the Internet. If you do choose to port forward to your HS server, make sure all of your passwords for HS accounts are strong and be aware that since it is not secure connection, even strong passwords are exposed whenever GeoFency posts.

Comment

Randy, I was doing some further investigating, I turned my WiFi on my iPhone to OFF and use the browser and entered http://mnb.XXX.XXX:10210 which gave me a login screen, I entered my HS3 Admin account credentials which allowed me to see my HS3 Device Control Screen. Looking at my Setup >Network tab I noticed that under "Web Server Settings" I have the "No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)" enabled so... I'm not sure why I'm being prompted for credentials.

Question based on my particulars how/where do I enter HS3 User Name/Password? Mike

UPDATE: Never mind I forgot that the Username and Password is in the GeoFency app. I told you I'm a little slow... lo and behold I am able to successfully test both Entry and Exit within the GeoFency app.
                            When you are port forwarded to HS3 you are NOT a local user, nor are you on the same network.

Comment

Ok now that I'm up and running what is the pro/con using MYHS vs Direct through port forward vs VPN is there a lag (time) penalty going through MYHS? Mike
                              MyHS responds within a second, about the same as my VPN or as port forwarding. Your satellite may have greater latency, it usually does, but that would be in milliseconds, hardly an issue. Satellite latency will equally affect MyHS and VPN. Configuring a VPN is not extraordinarily difficult, but it is not without challenges. I used MyHS for more than 6 months without a single missed posting, I am only experimenting with a VPN.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree with you Randy that I should use the MYHS route not that it's big deal to change. Randy and Paul, many thanxs for helping and facilitating the "clue-less" I'm talking in reference to myself only so there's no need for others out there to take offence . Now that I'm up and working it's time to modify my Events.

Paul did I see a post from you this late in the evening? Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X