Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy, I created two events based on your earlier post #11 in regards to two maps based on your iPhone position history and current, what is the best way to display these maps?
    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
      Randy, I created two events based on your earlier post #11 in regards to two maps based on your iPhone position history and current, what is the best way to display these maps?
      Just click on the html file at the location where you had the event write them.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        No, I had to create service accounts for my wife and for me separately. iCloud only shows my devices, even though my wife is part of family sharing.
        Same here...
        Michael

Comment

I used your Output path: \\ds10\web\maps\ but did not find such path so I created one in the root directory am I missing something or is it somewhere else? Mike
          1. I'm assuming that this is your network file location and so I must change to something that I can see...
          2. I've done that and now am a proud owner of two html files but when I click them I only get white browser screen for each so something is not working yet!
          3. I see on the history file the following error msg "
            PHL2 (BuldMapHtmlHistoryG) Error 1/12/2019 9:31:28 PM < 3 points passed to function!"
            which explains said error.

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

PHL1 vs PHL2, I take that the "Message Panel" device is no longer part of PHL2?

Comment

I used your Output path: \\ds10\web\maps\ but did not find such path so I created one in the root directory am I missing something or is it somewhere else? Mike
              1. I'm assuming that this is your network file location and so I must change to something that I can see...
              2. I've done that and now am a proud owner of two html files but when I click them I only get white browser screen for each so something is not working yet!
              3. I see on the history file the following error msg "
                PHL2 (BuldMapHtmlHistoryG) Error 1/12/2019 9:31:28 PM < 3 points passed to function!"
                which explains said error.
              Well, if you haven't gone anywhere there will not be any marker points. There must be at least 3 points to have history. If you make a trip tomorrow, with everything working on a position device, you can generate history.

Yes DS10 is my web server here at home so you would have a hard time writing a file to it If you don't specify a path, the file will be put in a folder on your HS3 server in \HomeSeer HS3\html\PHLocation2\Maps. If you made a map named "test" you could put http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/PHLocation2/Maps/test.html using your local IP address. Outside your home you could use https://connected2.homeseer.com/PHLoc...Maps/test.html where you would be prompted for your MyHS credentials.

It is a basic HTML file and can be embedded in another web page in an iFrame or whatever you want. I keep the PHL2 generated maps on my local web server, then embed them in my personal (externally hosted) website for family. This is all just basic HTML stuff, it is limited only by your imagination.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

sooty Thanks Paul, that did the trick. I'm completely converted now and it's been completely painless!

One minor bug, when copying an event with a PHLocation2 Event Trigger, trying to change the trigger parameters in the new event does not seem to work as the trigger won't collapse after. It looks like you have to choose a completely different type of trigger, then choose the PHLocation2 Event Trigger again and then select new parameters. Thoughts?

Thanks
                  Al
                  I'm not sure what to think of this one. I found two plug-ins that have the same structure and they have the same problem: JowiHue, Sonos. MEIHarmonyHub and UltraWeatherWU3 have similar structures and do not have the problem.

I wouldn't have the slightest clue as to what the cause is, but clearly HS deems copies of Events using some plug-in's triggers are misconfigured when edited.

Comment

Just wanted to chime in and say, again, that this is an extremely thoughtful rewrite of PHLocation. Rather than just change the devices in our existing PHL1 events, we chose to rewrite our events for PHL2 based on our improved understanding of HS3 event logic (thanks Randy).

Thanks Paul
                    Michael

Comment

I'm not sure what to think of this one. I found two plug-ins that have the same structure and they have the same problem: JowiHue, Sonos. MEIHarmonyHub and UltraWeatherWU3 have similar structures and do not have the problem.

I wouldn't have the slightest clue as to what the cause is, but clearly HS deems copies of Events using some plug-in's triggers are misconfigured when edited.
                      I've had a few other plugins in the past with similar behavior, but it is resolvable relatively easily as far as I understand. bsobel had indicated a solution in post #85 (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/te...02#post1275402). I think he ran into the same issue with one of his plugins and was able to resolve it that way.
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I'm probably just missing something obvious but I can't seem to find how to create static maps. With PHLocation I used to have it set to create static maps when the location changes, and I used the *.png files created on HSTouch screens.
                        I'm using iCloud for location based and Geofency for fences.

Steve

Comment

I found the cause of the event copying issue. In PHL it is similar to what was being discussed in the thread you linked to earlier but not quite the same.

To try and cut a long story short, when an event is copied the target (new) event gets a new event ID but the object that holds all the trigger, condition and action data for the event is copied "as is" from the source event so all the data pertaining to the triggers and/or conditions within that object has the same ID's as the source event.

As discussed in the linked post, I was already using unique ID's for all the controls which were a combination of the ControlName, UID and EventID.
                          The issue arose when the user then edited the new event because the control ID's being posted back from the event edit page had different ID's to the data already held in the event and in my case I was adding these new ID's to the existing collection instead of replacing them which was then preventing the trigger being collapsed because the item count was 2 times what it should be.

I have implemented a solution that appears to work but I need to do some more testing to ensure it doesn't break existing events.

Paul..

Comment

Correct. The message panel is not there in V2.

I can add it if required.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                              I'm probably just missing something obvious but I can't seem to find how to create static maps. With PHLocation I used to have it set to create static maps when the location changes, and I used the *.png files created on HSTouch screens.
                              I'm using iCloud for location based and Geofency for fences.

Steve
                              Static maps are not currently part of V2 although I've added it to the todo list.

Paul..

Comment

Only me. I put the zip file in the updater\zips folder and put the opdate_override.txt in the HS3 main folder. Restarted HS3 and no evidence of PH2 anywhere. Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X