This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MNB View Post
    I too am using GeoFency are you saying there's any issue with authentication? I noticed that I'm able to create HS3 devices from GeoFency app when I either depress Entry/Exit Test and HS3 devices change every time either one is selected but I do not see my HS3 Log being update when those actions occur unless there is a error occurring. Mike
    There is no issue with authentication. PHL2 does not log normal communications, only errors and warnings. When a GeoFency post is normal, it is not an error and is not logged. Debug logging is now sent to a file, when selected.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

What user account did you configure within GF to authenticate to the HS server?
      I used the MyHS methodology which is using my admin logon credential. Mike
      Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
      Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
      HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        You are mixing two different method. If you use MyHS, you do not control the user, HomeSeer does through the MyHS communication protocol. Unless I missed something MyHS always gives admin access.
        In my MyHS service, I can select “Manage” instead of “Access” and then setup users. For each user I can select which hometroller they have access to, then on the hometroller I setup each users access level. Based on the other posts here, I assume that I should setup an HS user with Guest access rights for Geofency so that even if someone were to grab the user name and password that it would only be for guess access rights?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

There is no issue with authentication. PHL2 does not log normal communications, only errors and warnings. When a GeoFency post is normal, it is not an error and is not logged. Debug logging is now sent to a file, when selected.
          Randy, again thanxs for the confirmation, I feel a little better as I thought I seen in an earlier post about GeoFency posting to HS Logfile.

I thought Paul was going to do release today, was waiting to download and plugin. Mike
          Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
          Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
          HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

In my MyHS service, I can select “Manage” instead of “Access” and then setup users. For each user I can select which hometroller they have access to, then on the hometroller I setup each users access level. Based on the other posts here, I assume that I should setup an HS user with Guest access rights for Geofency so that even if someone were to grab the user name and password that it would only be for guess access rights?

Do you have MyHS premium? I do not have those choices.
            At login I can choose between Access and Manage

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	111
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1276080

In Manage, I have these choices.

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	104
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1276079

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
              I thought I seen in an earlier post about GeoFency posting to HS Logfile.
              Only initially, before the root account is set up.

Comment

Do you have MyHS premium? I do not have those choices.
                At login I can choose between Access and Manage

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	111
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1276080

In Manage, I have these choices.

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	104
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1276079
                Yes, I pay for the premium ($24/year) so that I have access to two different HS systems.

Plugin's:

Comment

Yes, I pay for the premium ($24/year) so that I have access to two different HS systems.

OK. I am aware of what it costs. For those who don't have premium, they will always be giving admin level access.

Comment

Now, going back to this. How would someone "grab the user name and password"?

Comment

Now, going back to this. How would someone "grab the user name and password"?
                      I have no idea, I’m trying to figure out how to best setup Geofency so that I don’t get these log entries where someone is trying to hack into my system. I used to use the ddns option (Port 5???) and luckily didn’t notice any issues but once I started forwarding port 80 using the same ddns service, I started getting IP’s blocked in the HS log.
                      Because of my limited knowledge with gateways, I’m a little fearful that I’m going to make myself vulnerable.

So at the moment, I have setup a user in MyHS and also in HS with guest access and Geofency URL is the MyHS link that you posted earlier. I assume there is no way for someone to grab the user name and password with the MyHS link as it is encrypted, correct?

Plugin's:

Comment

I have no idea, I’m trying to figure out how to best setup Geofency so that I don’t get these log entries where someone is trying to hack into my system. I used to use the ddns option (Port 5???) and luckily didn’t notice any issues but once I started forwarding port 80 using the same ddns service, I started getting IP’s blocked in the HS log.
                        Because of my limited knowledge with gateways, I’m a little fearful that I’m going to make myself vulnerable.

So at the moment, I have setup a user in MyHS and also in HS with guest access and Geofency URL is the MyHS link that you posted earlier. I assume there is no way for someone to grab the user name and password with the MyHS link as it is encrypted, correct?

If you only use MyHS for accessing your system and don't expose it to the internet through a forwarded open port, you shouldn't get those log entries. I never do. Why do you have an external port forwarded to the IP and port of your HS server?

As far as I can tell MyHS is very secure. It is not super secret, top secret, no one can access secure, but it is reasonably secure and you should not get those log messages when using only MyHS for access.

Comment

If you only use MyHS for accessing your system and don't expose it to the internet through a forwarded open port, you shouldn't get those log entries. I never do. Why do you have an external port forwarded to the IP and port of your HS server?

As far as I can tell MyHS is very secure. It is not super secret, top secret, no one can access secure, but it is reasonably secure and you should not get those log messages when using only MyHS for access.
                          I have the eternal port forwarded to the IP and port of my HS server because I thought I had correctly followed the directions in your above post, guessing that I must have misunderstood....
                          For those of you posting from 3rd party apps like GeoFency, PHL2 does not use its own web server, it uses the HS built-in server. The posting is still the same as before with two changes 1) it now uses your HomeSeer web server port (usually 80) so create your port forwarding rules and structure the URL accordingly.
                          Plugin's:

Comment

I have the eternal port forwarded to the IP and port of my HS server because I thought I had correctly followed the directions in your above post, guessing that I must have misunderstood....
                            I was specifically addressing port forwarding with that comment. If you are using the MyHS method posting to:
                            Code:
                            https://connected.homeseer.com/phl2api?dtype=GF
                            you do not need any port forwarding. MyHS takes care of secure communication with your system. All communication is encrypted. MyHS will also work whether you are at home or on the road.

If you are using DDNS and port forwarding, you will want to use credentials you have created on your HS server. You would want to give that user the minimum rights, because communication is unencrypted. Depending on how your router is configured (NAT loopback or hairpinning), it may not work locally. Most consumer routers support NAT loopback, but it is not guaranteed. A Ubiquiti USG has it enabled by default, my pfSense did not.

The rules are different if you are able to run your server securely or if you use a VPN. It is a matrix of options. Each has its advantages and disadvantages.

To over simplify, when you post through MyHS, your HS server treats it as a local connection where https://connected.homeseer.com is functionally equivalent to the local IP of your hS system, once authenticated through the MyHS server.

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post

Correct. The message panel is not there in V2.

I can add it if required.

Paul..
                              That would be really nice if you could. I use it with geofency in v1 extensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I just installed and not sure of the server URL I used to use connected11 or connected22. Is it now just connected.homeseer.com/PHL2API?dtype=BK

At first I got an update failed, but now I don't even get a notification on the phone. Note that this is a different phone than the one I use for PHL1

Comment

Working...
                                X