Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanxs Randy I will make the necessary tweeking it the hope of resolving this issue. Would weak phone signal strength (2 Bars) be contributor? Mike
    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
      Thanxs Randy I will make the necessary tweeking it the hope of resolving this issue. Would weak phone signal strength (2 Bars) be contributor? Mike
      Possibly, but not likely. Phones use GPS, cell towers and WiFi along with logic to make a determination as to location. Any weak link can affect stability and accuracy. GPS is priority, and if it doesn't see enough birds to believe it is accurate, it will leverage the other methods. Obviously, relying on cell towers and IP address ase less than desirable for accuracy.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
        John, thanxs for explanation. I think part of the issue is related to Geofency app I noticed that both my home and inner Perimeter had the same "Monitoring Radius" 100 under the settings, both were set for 100 meter or ~328 feet. I've updated to move my inner Perimeter to 200 meters in the hope that might help, we'll see. Mike
        Welcome. It's all a matter of tuning based on the device capability and radio strength. This is another key item as to why some apps work well with some phones and not with others as the actual GPS radios are not equal. I have found this even with the same hardware vendor of the same phone model.

Comment

Paul, I see that you've indicated that v 3.0.0.42 Jan 15th 2019 is available but the file is v.41 can you verify and update, thanxs Mike
          Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
          Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
          HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Good evening, I installed PHLOCATION2 and I have a small problem with the reverse address

Accented characters are not displayed correctly:

Rue Saint-Ouen, Morville-sur-Andelle, Dieppe, Seine-Maritime, Normandie, France métropolitaine, 76780, France

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 01-15-19 at 08.46 PM.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1276352

can you look?

The town is not resersed also:

Name:	Screen Shot 01-15-19 at 08.48 PM.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1276353

Thank you

Jean-Francois

Comment

OK, after some checking, I think I had the wrong POST code. Changed from 202 to 200 and I get a message "Backitude Success!" I have the correct REF ID for the root of the user I created but none of the fields gets populated.

Do I need to get a new Google API or can I copy the ones I have from PH1?

Comment

I can answer the second question. If you have a valid paid API key, it will work in either version.

Comment

Paid? I've never doled out a dollar for an API key. I was given one by Google, don't remember how long ago and it works in PH1, so I copied it to PH2.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                    Paid? I've never doled out a dollar for an API key. I was given one by Google, don't remember how long ago and it works in PH1, so I copied it to PH2.
                    Google ended all free APIs quite a while ago. That is one of the things that drove Paul to get away from Google in PHL2. Unless you setup a billing account, your free API key is probably not working. With a billing account you can still get a “free” API, but if you exceed the limits they charge you. It is all a little confusing:

https://developers.google.com/maps/d...ed/get-api-key

Comment

Understood, now I'm confused as to why it works with one phone and not with the other. Regardless, I got a new key and I'll see which rock I stumble over next. Thanks for the help Randy!

Comment

I have setup an iCloud account. I have the 3 devices. The polling interval device is set to 3 minutes. It never actually polls the iCloud account. I need to poll manually with the poll button on the account status device.

Do I need to setup a recurring event in order to get polling to automatically work?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                          I have setup an iCloud account. I have the 3 devices. The polling interval device is set to 3 minutes. It never actually polls the iCloud account. I need to poll manually with the poll button on the account status device.

Do I need to setup a recurring event in order to get polling to automatically work?

Thanks,

Jim
                          No, it polls automatically at the interval set into the iCloud interval device. Are you sure the time stamp on the Account Status Device is not updating?

Comment

Just to let you know sooty the zip file is named .41 . In the updater overdride it is .42

I change the name of the .41 zipfile to .42...

but now I have .41 installed in homeseer plugin page

Code:
                            FILEVERSION    3,0,0,41
                            PRODUCTVERSION 3,0,0,41
                            FILEFLAGSMASK  0x3F
                            FILEFLAGS      0x0
                            FILEOS         VOS_UNKNOWN | VOS__WINDOWS32
                            FILETYPE       VFT_APP
                            FILESUBTYPE    0x0
                            {
                              BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
                              {
                                VALUE "Translation", 0x0, 1200
                              }
                              BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
                              {
                                BLOCK "000004b0"
                                {
                                  VALUE "Comments",          "PH Location Plug-In for HS3"
                                  VALUE "CompanyName",       "Paul Huddlestone"
                                  VALUE "FileDescription",   "HSPI_PHLocation2"
                                  VALUE "FileVersion",       "3.0.0.41"
                                  VALUE "InternalName",      "HSPI_PHLocation2.exe"
                                  VALUE "LegalCopyright",    "Copyright © Paul Huddlestone 2019"
                                  VALUE "LegalTrademarks",   ""
                                  VALUE "OriginalFilename",  "HSPI_PHLocation2.exe"
                                  VALUE "ProductName",       "HSPI_PHLocation2"
                                  VALUE "ProductVersion",    "3.0.0.41"
                                  VALUE "Assembly Version",  "3.0.0.41"
                                }
                              }
                            }

Comment

So using Backitude I need to use the latitude and longitude values to make my own geofences in events, is that correct? Until now I had been using the postal code string as a rough location but in my interest to put PHL2 to good use, it seems lat/lon seems the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                                So using Backitude I need to use the latitude and longitude values to make my own geofences in events, is that correct? Until now I had been using the postal code string as a rough location but in my interest to put PHL2 to good use, it seems lat/lon seems the way to go.
                                Yes. With global known locations it is quite easy. I just found all of our usual stops on Google maps and used the coordinates to set a known location.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PHL12.png Views:	1 Size:	45.3 KB ID:	1276440

Name:	PHL13.PNG
Views:	131
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1276442

Comment

Working...
                                X