Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say your MapQuest Map of today's route(s) is definitely neat, I like the map ability to zoom in/out to expand/contract the 38 points. once I get done with my polling events the next thing is doing something with the maps.

Paul has out done himself with this PHL2 upgrade (pat yourself on the back) along with you Randy providing user guidance/design inputs. I think it's time to re-donate for his efforts on this PI, albeit this PI is a little more complex than others but has a lot of potential. MTC Mike
    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
      I have to say your MapQuest Map of today's route(s) is definitely neat, I like the map ability to zoom in/out to expand/contract the 38 points. once I get done with my polling events the next thing is doing something with the maps.

Paul has out done himself with this PHL2 upgrade (pat yourself on the back) along with you Randy providing user guidance/design inputs. I think it's time to re-donate for his efforts on this PI, albeit this PI is a little more complex than others but has a lot of potential. MTC Mike
      Whilst I've done all the code writing, Randy has been an invaluable source of ideas and spent a lot of his time testing various incarnations of PHL1 and 2 over several years.
      He also spends time helping others on the board here, not only with this plug-in but a multitude of other things also.
      Hats off to Randy.....

Just a few words about donations.
      PHLocation was originally released in 2013 and it was always (and still is) my intention that it will remain free. There is no obligation to make a donation.
      I certainly haven't received many thousands in donations but a good number of users have donated over the years and I am truly grateful to those folks.

I'm fortunate enough to be financially comfortable (may not be if / when the fiasco that is Brexit is finally put to rest) so what I do is re-distribute all donations back into the community somehow. This can be in donations to other developers or charities etc.

Paul..

Comment

Are you using an elevation API? I'm constantly underwater, which isn't so bad since I SCUBA but..

Also, I can set the Elevation data provider but where do I enter the elevation api key? Something there doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          Are you using an elevation API? I'm constantly underwater, which isn't so bad since I SCUBA but..

Also, I can set the Elevation data provider but where do I enter the elevation api key? Something there doesn't make sense to me.
          I am using ElevationAPI which does not require a key. It is fairly close to what a GPS would measure (within 200 feet). My home's Elevation is 5550 feet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PHL21.png Views:	1 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	1276736
          Click image for larger version  Name:	PHL22.png Views:	1 Size:	9.3 KB ID:	1276737
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            Here I have switched to MapQuest as a provider.
            Randy, which API did you sign up for? Geocoding?

Thanks,

Michael

Comment

I think it was called a “Consumer Key”. It is the free one with 15,000 calls per month.

https://developer.mapquest.com/plans

Comment

Was looking for the static map option which I understand Paul is adding to his to do list, but for now I'm using a simple work around

I put this in the text box on HSTouch, turned the IsHTML to true and it shows the map and marker of the location required, may be helpful to those people who used to use the maps to display Locations in HSTouch

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=[$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceValueEx(XXX) & "," &hs.DeviceValueEx(XXX)]&zoom=17&size=640x400&markers=color:white%7Clabel:A%7C[$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceValueEx(XXX) & "," &hs.DeviceValueEx(XXX)]&maptype=hybrid&key=GOOGLE MAPS API KEY

XXX being the latitude and longitude device reference number
                "640x400" being the map size up to a max of 640x640
                "white" being the Icon marker colour
                "A" being the Icon label
                "hybrid" being the type of map required

Hope this helps for those who use it

Fantastic Plug-In Paul

Comment

Here's my dilemma. I can either click on PHL2 > Map Viewer or I can go to the default folder. Either way, I only get a map of where I am now, not a bread crumb trail of the day. What am I missing that I wasn't missing in PHL1.

On a separate note, I know BK is broadcasting and HS3 is getting info, because I got a text from a test event I set up when I enter a specific zipcode.

Comment

Here's my dilemma. I can either click on PHL2 > Map Viewer or I can go to the default folder. Either way, I only get a map of where I am now, not a bread crumb trail of the day. What am I missing that I wasn't missing in PHL1.

On a separate note, I know BK is broadcasting and HS3 is getting info, because I got a text from a test event I set up when I enter a specific zipcode.
                    PHL1 does not automatically create a history map.

PHL2 generates history maps through an event. You can have an all user or single device map created from the device, but you must configure an event to get a history map. Near the bottom of the first post in this thread I showed my Event and a link to a sample map.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/te...location-ideas

On the map viewer you can generate a history map or All Users map.

Comment

I've uploaded 3.0.0.43 See release notes topic to download.

This version adds a new (Home Location Direction) child device to position type users which works in a similar way to the Direction device on known places in V1 albeit only for the Home location.
                      It has 3 statuses. Approaching, Leaving and Stopped.
                      The parameters are currently hard coded but I will make them user configurable in the next release.
                      It takes at least 2 same direction (getting closer to) or (getting further away from) the home location updates that are at least 300 metres apart to cause a status change. It will reset the status to "Stopped" after 10 minutes without any location updates.

NOTES on Direction Device
                      1. New position based users added with this version will have the Direction child device by default.
                      2. If you have existing position based users configured, then open the root devices and click the Rebuild child devices button which will add the Direction device.

The other change in this version is the ability to send Find My iPhone (FMIP) alert messages from within the plug-in.
                      This is achieved with a new plug-in event action which should be self explanatory.

NOTES on FMIP alerts
                      1. iDevice user types added with plug-in versions 3.0.0.43 or later will automatically have the feature enabled.
                      2. iDevice user types that were added with a plug-in version < 3.0.0.43 will not have the feature enabled until the service account to which they belong has been successfully polled.
                      3. If the feature is enabled for an iDevice then a "Send Test FMIP Alert" button will be visible on the PHL tab of an iDevice tpye user's root device and that device will be selectable in the event action builder.
                      4. The service account to which an iDevice belongs must be active within the plug-in for the FMIP alert feature to work.
                      5. The message length is currently limited to 100 characters.
                      6. The message text does not support HS replacement variables although this is something that I can add if required.

Paul..

Comment

PHL1 does not automatically create a history map.
                        Not to argue but I used to always click on PHL1 > Maps. select a user and I would get a bread crumb trail. Clickable like now, but not nearly as fancy. I'm not sure if that would be called a "history map" or something else. But I could go back a few days, set a date and hours and see just those points.

On the map viewer you can generate a history map or All Users map.
                        This is where I used to do it in PHL1 and when I try in PHL2 I only get the current spot as opposed to history.
                        I am confused.

I will try creating an event and see what happens.

Comment

Not to argue but I used to always click on PHL1 > Maps. select a user and I would get a bread crumb trail. Clickable like now, but not nearly as fancy. I'm not sure if that would be called a "history map" or something else. But I could go back a few days, set a date and hours and see just those points.

This is where I used to do it in PHL1 and when I try in PHL2 I only get the current spot as opposed to history.
                          I am confused.

I will try creating an event and see what happens.
                          It is still a history map in PHL2. On the Map Viewer You can choose a user, an End Date and duration

Click image for larger version  Name:	PHL34.PNG Views:	1 Size:	12.3 KB ID:	1276968

Do all that and select History

Click image for larger version  Name:	PHL35.PNG Views:	1 Size:	314.6 KB ID:	1276970
                          In order to have history tracked, the positions must be logged to database

Click image for larger version

Name:	PHL36.png
Views:	381
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1276971

Comment

Got it. It might have been the "Record to Database". If I have an issue you'll be the second one to know.

Comment

Hi All, thanks Paul (and rprade!) for yet more great work, in PHL1 i had three locations set as the same Lat,Long values but each one had larger radius eg:

1) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 2 miles radius
                              2) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 6 miles radius
                              3) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 15 miles radius

I would use location 3 the 'outer ring' entry event to turn the heat/AC on and location 1 inner ring to turn on driveway lights.

My question is, is it still possible to have locations that overlap, i have a few events that failed to trigger, but run fine when manually run:

This one was the only event that fired. (2.5 miles from home)

Name:	inner.PNG
Views:	506
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1276983

Failed to run (6 miles from home)

Name:	outer.PNG
Views:	506
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1276984

Failed to run (15 miles from home)

Name:	outer further.PNG
Views:	457
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1276985

PS. my office is 32 miles away so i wasn't already within the 'Outer ring - further' location when i left work.

I am using Tasker to send data to the HS3 web service over a VPN connection which looks to be updating each child device as it should.

Thank you,
                              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mikesnook View Post
                                Hi All, thanks Paul (and rprade!) for yet more great work, in PHL1 i had three locations set as the same Lat,Long values but each one had larger radius eg:

1) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 2 miles radius
                                2) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 6 miles radius
                                3) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 15 miles radius

I would use location 3 the 'outer ring' entry event to turn the heat/AC on and location 1 inner ring to turn on driveway lights.

My question is, is it still possible to have locations that overlap, i have a few events that failed to trigger, but run fine when manually run:

PS. my office is 32 miles away so i wasn't already within the 'Outer ring - further' location when i left work.

I am using Tasker to send data to the HS3 web service over a VPN connection which looks to be updating each child device as it should.

Thank you,
                                Mike
                                I was just investigating this same issue. Is Mike PHL2 an iCloud based service? It's working for me, but not my wife and kids. They are iCloud only at this point, where I use iCloud, Geofency and IFTTT locations to trigger events. I had created some events for me that are iCloud only to see if I could duplicate the issue. I still need to get out of the house to test it, but that likely won't be till tomorrow.
                                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                                X