This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    My new iPhone doesn't false trigger even at 100 meters. I honestly do not see any reason the fence needs to be that tight. the iOS devices can also be adjusted in terms of minimum distance to move and the Known Locations by virtue of their radius.

It is all a matter of tuning your system to match the stability and accuracy of your GPS equipped devices.
    I think one mistake people make is trying to get the radius of fences and the minimum distance to move too tight.
    Randy, whilst looking through earlier posts I happen upon this conversation above in conjunction with your most recent post (below) I noticed that my PHL tab for my iPhone, "Maximum Accuracy" was set to 2000 Meters with a "minimum Distance to Move" set to 0.1 mile (I'm assuming that that default). So my question is what should we set our min and max values to eliminate bad reports?

That means it has lost GPS. You can stop those errors from reporting by reducing the Maximum Accuracy on the PHL tab of the root for that user. I use 100 meters to eliminate bad reports. I watched mine and GPS accuracy is always within 10-30 meters and any accuracy greater than 100 meters is usually 1414 meters and is a bad fix. 1414 is usually a network fix and 1414 is an arbitrary number Apple uses.

Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post

Randy, whilst looking through earlier posts I happen upon this conversation above in conjunction with your most recent post (below) I noticed that my PHL tab for my iPhone, "Maximum Accuracy" was set to 2000 Meters with a "minimum Distance to Move" set to 0.1 mile (I'm assuming that that default). So my question is what should we set our min and max values to eliminate bad reports?

As I stated in the two quotes you included in the post, it is up to you. I think that 100 meters (328 feet) is the tightest a fence can be to be reliable. I set mine to .1 mile (528 feet) and it never false triggers, if you have false triggers at .1 try .2. It is just a matter of balance. I cannot imagine a situation where a fence of even 1000 feet would cause a problem unless you are walking. Chances are if you are within 1000 feet you are home and if greater than 1000 you are not. At neighborhood speeds you travel at 37 feet per second, so 1000 feet is only 30 seconds away.

With regard to maximum accuracy I stated that I use 100 meters. I came up with that number by looking at history. Any real readings from my phone are within that number for accuracy. When my phone looses GPS in the basement, it goes to WiFi for position, but Apple reports the accuracy as 65 meters. Looking at the actual positions reported that number seems to be correct. It is a matter of tuning your system to balance speed, accuracy and limiting bad reports.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Installed today, converted some events, you know kicking the proverbial tire's and what not.. So far.... Excellent work Paul..
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

sooty

Thankss for the reply,

I did check on details Randy and its not wifi, its gps, i did double ckeck.. really weird.
          Device Data Battery: 15% Charging: No Online: Yes WiFi: Off
          Also Paul the device distance to move is 0.09 meter so 90 meters.
          But the Maximum Accuracy is 2000.
          When i do the both distances in google its only 300 meter between them.
          That second street is next to me.

regards

Originally posted by sooty View Post

There are a lot of changes in V2 WRT iCloud.

I won't try to explain the whole boring procedure of polling an iCloud account here but when an account is polled it returns data for all devices on that account. If any device has incomplete data, the plug-in will not process any location updates and will re poll the account after 5 seconds. This continues for up to 6 times before it aborts the poll and waits for the next interval.

There are some situations where it will let updates through even if something is incomplete and this may be the cause of your issue.

I'll check the code later this evening but what appears to be happening in your case is that it is letting the low accuracy update through then re-polling and letting another high accuracy update through.
          2019-01-19 10:29:11 50.******** 6******* 65 m Ka, Ke, ***XN NL Details
          2019-01-19 10:29:06 50.******** 6******* 1414 m 61 Kwi, Ke, ***XG NL Details
          If you put both of the actual coordinates from these 2 entries into Google maps, what is the distance between them?
          What setting do you have on the Root User device in "Minimum distance to move" ?

Paul..
          Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
          Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
            sooty

Thankss for the reply,

I did check on details Randy and its not wifi, its gps, i did double ckeck.. really weird.

regards

First of all i think you mean .09 kilometers, not .09 meters. .09 meters is about 300 feet, which should be safe. The Maximum accuracy is the reported accuracy of the fix, which on your bad ones is 1414 meters. A Maximum accuracy of 2000 meters will let the bad one through, where a maximum accuracy of 1000 meters would block it. I use a maximum accuracy of 100 meters and it blocks all bad fixes. This shouldn't be a problem for most users.

Paul is working on the problem of double reporting on your phone, which may fix your problem, but I wouldnt think you would want a location logged with a maximum accuracy of up to 2KM.

On one of your bad fixes with an accuracy of 1414m what does this line look like?
            Basic Fix Data Fix Time: 2019-01-18 12:21:46 Latitude: 39.7004003350721 Longitude: -104.781705721638 Accuracy: 9.43312381936967m Type: GPS

Comment

Yes i see now,

Some have this
              Basic Fix Data Fix Time: 2019-01-19 21:09:37 Latitude: 50.8 Longitude: 6.0 Accuracy: 1414m Type: Network
              So no gps now...

But i did put it back from 2000 to 100 i think thats the problem.
              lets hope and test tonight.

Maybe that did do the double poll because the network had an issue or something.. but its still weird.

regards

First of all i think you mean .09 kilometers, not .09 meters. .09 meters is about 300 feet, which should be safe. The Maximum accuracy is the reported accuracy of the fix, which on your bad ones is 1414 meters. A Maximum accuracy of 2000 meters will let the bad one through, where a maximum accuracy of 1000 meters would block it. I use a maximum accuracy of 100 meters and it blocks all bad fixes. This shouldn't be a problem for most users.

Paul is working on the problem of double reporting on your phone, which may fix your problem, but I wouldnt think you would want a location logged with a maximum accuracy of up to 2KM.

On one of your bad fixes with an accuracy of 1414m what does this line look like?
              Basic Fix Data Fix Time: 2019-01-18 12:21:46 Latitude: 39.7004003350721 Longitude: -104.781705721638 Accuracy: 9.43312381936967m Type: GPS

Comment

Yes i see now,

Some have this
                Basic Fix Data Fix Time: 2019-01-19 21:09:37 Latitude: 50.8 Longitude: 6.0 Accuracy: 1414m Type: Network
                So no gps now...

But i did put it back from 2000 to 100 i think thats the problem.
                lets hope and test tonight.

Maybe that did do the double poll because the network had an issue or something.. but its still weird.

regards

All of my bad reports of 1414m were "Network" and they stopped when I reduced the Maximum Accuracy to 100m.

Comment

sooty

Thankss for the reply,

regards
                  Its OK to have the max accuracy at 2000 metres if you want to receive inaccurate locations but to avoid the double reporting you would need to set the min dist to move to something > 2 km (2000 metres).

Here's what is happening in your case:
                  A new (1400m low accuracy) location comes in and because its low accuracy it reports that you are 300 metres from your previous stored (65m high accuracy) location.
                  Your min dist to move is set at 90 metres which is < 300 so the new location is recorded.
                  Another new (65m high accuracy) location comes in and reports that you are 300 metres from your previous stored (1400m low accuracy) location.
                  Your min dist to move is set at 90 metres which is < 300 so the new location is recorded.

I still need to investigate why it's letting 2 updates through within 5 seconds. It should only be letting 1 update through per poll.

I'll get onto that once I finish sorting out the overlapping known locations issue which is turning out to be a lot of work😢

Paul..

Comment

Yes i wil see what it does,
                    but i think it wil be alright with setting the accuracy to 100 meters
                    I wil report back when i woke up.

No worries just take your time.

regards and thank you guys for the quick reply's

Originally posted by sooty View Post

Its OK to have the max accuracy at 2000 metres if you want to receive inaccurate locations but to avoid the double reporting you would need to set the min dist to move to something > 2 km (2000 metres).

Here's what is happening in your case:
                    A new (1400m low accuracy) location comes in and because its low accuracy it reports that you are 300 metres from your previous stored (65m high accuracy) location.
                    Another new (65m high accuracy) location comes in and reports that you are 300 metres from your previous stored (1400m low accuracy) location.

I still need to investigate why it's letting 2 updates through within 5 seconds. It should only be letting 1 update through per poll.

I'll get onto that once I finish sorting out the overlapping known locations issue which is turning out to be a lot of work😢

Paul..

Comment

What Did I Miss
                      PHL2 working great with ICloud account and geofencing
                      With Geofancy I have it send info based on a location marker in the program. In HS3 shows just fine whether I an in or outside of the fence or outside but cant use this info as triggers. What did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by Spudjr View Post
                        What Did I Miss
                        PHL2 working great with ICloud account and geofencing
                        With Geofancy I have it send info based on a location marker in the program. In HS3 shows just fine whether I an in or outside of the fence or outside but cant use this info as triggers. What did I miss?

Your events should use the devices created for each Geofency fence as the triggers.
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks, found it under if device changes. Was only looking at phlocation2 Still learning here but having fun

Comment

I "think" I found part of my issue with not seeing enough data points. Since my internet and TV provider is Optimum, my phone is set so it switches to WiFi mode when it sees an optimum wifi hotspot. They're everywhere so when it connects it switches to 30 minutes logging. I disabled Wifi polling in BK and will see if things improve.

Comment

In my devices I see "Primary RG provider not set" googled galored and cant find anything. I gather it is some service to show detail about location? Where is this set and what is it set to. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Spudjr View Post
                                In my devices I see "Primary RG provider not set" googled galored and cant find anything. I gather it is some service to show detail about location? Where is this set and what is it set to. Thanks
                                RG stands for Reverse Geocode. Set it up on the configuration API management page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	90
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1277577

Comment

Working...
                                X