X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankyou!

Comment

Quick Update as I've been quiet on the updates front for a day or two.

Due to a fundamental design flaw on my part its taken rather longer than anticipated to fix the issue with triggers not working when the user device was within more than 1 known location (i.e. overlapping known locations).

I've been testing the fix here and it does now appear to be working as expected so I'll be sending it to Randy for further testing tomorrow and hopefully there will be an update for all soon after.

As users of both V1 and V2 will know, unlike V1, V2 does not have HS devices for the known locations and instead uses triggers and conditions. When making this change I had totally neglected to cater for the fact that a device could be within more than 1 known location at the same time.

There is a slight caveat with the next version in that the "Current Location" device cannot be used reliably to detect an "At Home" status as it will have an additional "Multiple Locations" status to reflect a user being in more than 1 known location.

Distance to home will still be reported in a device and of course the "Enters Location" trigger and "At Location" condition can be used in events.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post

Due to a fundamental design flaw on my part its taken rather longer than anticipated to fix the issue with triggers not working when the user device was within more than 1 known location (i.e. overlapping known locations).

I've been testing the fix here and it does now appear to be working as expected so I'll be sending it to Randy for further testing tomorrow and hopefully there will be an update for all soon after.

As users of both V1 and V2 will know, unlike V1, V2 does not have HS devices for the known locations and instead uses triggers and conditions. When making this change I had totally neglected to cater for the fact that a device could be within more than 1 known location at the same time.

There is a slight caveat with the next version in that the "Current Location" device cannot be used reliably to detect an "At Home" status as it will have an additional "Multiple Locations" status to reflect a user being in more than 1 known location.

Distance to home will still be reported in a device and of course the "Enters Location" trigger and "At Location" condition can be used in events.

Paul..
        Paul,

Will you provide an api/http interface to let another app (like tasker) define a new known location? I'd like to be able to create a tasker task I could trigger to add my current location as a known location to Phlocation2 so I could easily "mark" locations I visit frequently when I'm there. I could set this up on my wife's phone so she could do this as she travels for her business.

Thanks!

Mitch

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
          Paul,

Will you provide an api/http interface to let another app (like tasker) define a new known location? I'd like to be able to create a tasker task I could trigger to add my current location as a known location to Phlocation2 so I could easily "mark" locations I visit frequently when I'm there. I could set this up on my wife's phone so she could do this as she travels for her business.

Thanks!

Mitch

You can do this now using the Custom Fence option. I use this for creating/updating geofences from Simplex Locate today. Or do you want it to create the FULL "Known Location" details and not just a device of the Location name? I jumped too soon and went and looked at Known locations again in the plugin.

Comment

I was thinking of Known Locations but I will check out the Custom Fence option.

Comment

Paul..
              Paul, if it would help i can also test the new version with the overlapping locations, i noticed the issue a few days back. I'm just testing PHL2 currently so wont be a big deal if something else breaks as a result, PHL1 is taking care of my location based automation currently. No worries if not, i will happily wait until you make the update available to everyone.

Cheers,
              Mike

Comment

Paul, PHLocation2 no longer requires resetting/reauthorizing Apple devices every few months, correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                Plugin's:
                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
                  Paul,

Thanks!

Mitch

Actually the code to do this is already in but not enabled. I've now enabled it so it will be in the next version.

The url format will be
                  PHP Code:
                  ../phl2api?dtype=CD&type=KL&enabled={0/1}&name={NewLocationName}&lat={LocationLatitude}&lon={Locat i onLongitude}&radius={Radius
                  The parameters should be self explanatory but if not:
                  enabled {0=No 1=Yes}
                  name {The name you want to give the new location} See note below
                  lat {Latitude in decimal degrees}
                  lon {Longitude in decimal degrees}
                  radius {Radius in whatever units you are using miles or kilometers}

Note:
                  If the passed name already exists in the collection of known locations, the new location name will be appended with " - YYYYMMDDhhmmss"

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                    Paul, PHLocation2 no longer requires resetting/reauthorizing Apple devices every few months, correct?

It shouldn't, but I can't say for sure because I've not fully tested it for an extended period.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by mikesnook View Post

Paul, if it would help i can also test the new version with the overlapping locations, i noticed the issue a few days back. I'm just testing PHL2 currently so wont be a big deal if something else breaks as a result, PHL1 is taking care of my location based automation currently. No worries if not, i will happily wait until you make the update available to everyone.

Cheers,
                      Mike
                      Yes please. I'm probably being a little over cautious but there are a lot of changes in the next version and it would be a lot of work dealing with 50+ users who have screwed up HS3 systems.

Drop me an email and I'll send you the latest version.

Paul..

Comment

hi sooty and

After i did change the accuracy to 100 meters it works.
                        But this morning i got a new error in icloud.

regards
                        Jan-21 09:35:26 PHLocation2 Warning (PollAccount) iCloud Logout problem account: s@gmail.com
                        Jan-21 09:35:26 PHLocation2 Error (Logout) IC WebException for Ref:4142 Msg:The remote server returned an error: (421) Misdirected Request.
                        Jan-21 09:35:20 PHLocation2 Warning (UpdateDevices) IC GetDevices attempt 2 returned empty for s@gmail.com. Aborting update.
                        Jan-21 09:35:20 PHLocation2 Error (GetDevices) WebException for Ref:4142 Msg:The remote server returned an error: (450).
                        Jan-21 09:35:20 PHLocation2 Warning (UpdateDevices) IC GetDevices attempt 1 returned empty for s@gmail.com. Trying again.
                        Jan-21 09:35:20 PHLocation2 Error (GetDevices) WebException for Ref:4142 Msg:The remote server returned an error: (450).
                        Jan-21 09:35:14 PHLocation2 Warning (UpdateDevices) IC GetDevices attempt 2 returned empty for s. Aborting
                        Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                        Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                          hi sooty and

After i did change the accuracy to 100 meters it works.
                          But this morning i got a new error in icloud.

regards
                          Jan-21 09:35:26 PHLocation2 Warning (PollAccount) iCloud Logout problem account: s@gmail.com
                          Jan-21 09:35:26 PHLocation2 Error (Logout) IC WebException for Ref:4142 Msg:The remote server returned an error: (421) Misdirected Request.
                          Jan-21 09:35:20 PHLocation2 Warning (UpdateDevices) IC GetDevices attempt 2 returned empty for s@gmail.com. Aborting update.
                          Jan-21 09:35:20 PHLocation2 Warning (UpdateDevices) IC GetDevices attempt 1 returned empty for s@gmail.com. Trying again.
                          Jan-21 09:35:14 PHLocation2 Warning (UpdateDevices) IC GetDevices attempt 2 returned empty for s. Aborting
                          I suspect the iCloud service was not available for some reason.

Did this happen on just a few occasions or are you seeing these errors on every poll?

Paul..

Comment

This morning it was for every poll
                            Now it seems to be fixed.

I wil monitor it for today, till now itw working perfect.

regards

I suspect the iCloud service was not available for some reason.

Did this happen on just a few occasions or are you seeing these errors on every poll?

Paul..
                            Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                            Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Ive beeeuin rious iterations of PHL2 since October last year. The only time I had to reauthorize was when Apple screwed things up at the beginning of December. They fixed that in late Decemberand mine as stayed authorized.
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I've uploaded version 3.0.0.47.

See the release notes post for the changes.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X