Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul, tried to download your latest v 3.0.0.47 Jan 21st 2019 but all I get is a white screen.... Tried it on Edge and FoxPro browsers with the same resolve, Mike
    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
      Paul, tried to download your latest v 3.0.0.47 Jan 21st 2019 but all I get is a white screen.... Tried it on Edge and FoxPro browsers with the same resolve, Mike
      Worked fine for me in Chrome.

EDIT. It did earlier, but not anymore.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Paul may have pulled it. There is a problem with the executable not shutting doen properly which prevents installation of new versions. He will likely post another update shortly.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Worked fine for me in Chrome.
          Al;

I installed .45 last night and .46 this morning and both worked fine. When I tried to update to .47 from the full package this morning, I found the .exe was not shutting down properly. This was probably introduced with .46. .47 will likely install properly, but it may be difficult to apply future updates without shutting down HomeSeer.

Comment

Thanxs Randy, I even tried reboot my PC to ensure that it wasn't on my end since Al indicated that he was able to download it. Mike

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              Al;

I installed .45 last night and .46 this morning and both worked fine. When I tried to update to .47 from the full package this morning, I found the .exe was not shutting down properly. This was probably introduced with .46. .47 will likely install properly, but it may be difficult to apply future updates without shutting down HomeSeer.
              Guess I was too quick to update....I’ve installed .47 so if there is anyway to get instructions on the best way to install future versions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

There is an issue with .47 so I've pulled the download until I resolve it.

Actually the issue was introduced in a previous version (not sure exactly which one yet) but I'm pretty sure it was after .43 so hopefully not many have it.

The issue is that the plug-in does not shut down properly so won't allow installation of a new version because HS3 still thinks it's still running.

I've identified where the issue is and will have a fix soon.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                  There is an issue with .47 so I've pulled the download until I resolve it.

Actually the issue was introduced in a previous version (not sure exactly which one yet) but I'm pretty sure it was after .43 so hopefully not many have it.

The issue is that the plug-in does not shut down properly so won't allow installation of a new version because HS3 still thinks it's still running.

I've identified where the issue is and will have a fix soon.

Paul..
                  What would be a good update process for those of us who have already updated to .47?

Disable plugin, install new version, shutdown HS3 then enable the new version?

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                  Plugin's:
                  BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                  EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                  weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Guess I was too quick to update....I’ve installed .47 so if there is anyway to get instructions on the best way to install future versions?

If you have a problem when the next update comes out:
                    • Disable PHL and shutdown HomeSeer
                    • Delete HSPI_PHLocation2.exe from the HS3 root directory
                    • Restart HomeSeer
                    • Drop updater_override.txt into the HS root directory
                    • Drop the .zip file into Updates3/Zips
                    • Goto Manage Plug-ins and install the local update
                    • enable PHLocation2
                    • Enjoy!
                    Remember that HomeSeer automatically deletes all files in Updates3/Zips at startup and it deletes the updater_override.txt file, so they must be copied when HS is running. If .47 is in and running, don't do anything unless you have a problem with a future update.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      As I stated in the two quotes you included in the post, it is up to you. I think that 100 meters (328 feet) is the tightest a fence can be to be reliable. I set mine to .1 mile (528 feet) and it never false triggers, if you have false triggers at .1 try .2. It is just a matter of balance. I cannot imagine a situation where a fence of even 1000 feet would cause a problem unless you are walking. Chances are if you are within 1000 feet you are home and if greater than 1000 you are not. At neighborhood speeds you travel at 37 feet per second, so 1000 feet is only 30 seconds away.

With regard to maximum accuracy I stated that I use 100 meters. I came up with that number by looking at history. Any real readings from my phone are within that number for accuracy. When my phone looses GPS in the basement, it goes to WiFi for position, but Apple reports the accuracy as 65 meters. Looking at the actual positions reported that number seems to be correct. It is a matter of tuning your system to balance speed, accuracy and limiting bad reports.
                      Randy, its been a few days since our discussion above and I have say I'm now working properly (no false alarms with moving Inside > Outside > Inside my GeoFency inner perimeters when the phone hasn't been moved) after fixing my "iCloud Device" iPhone > to reflect; "General options" > with my "Minimum Distance to Move" = 0.1 mile and my "Maximum Accuracy" = 100 Meters.

I readjusted my GeoFency perimeters to a inner perimeter = 100 meters (328 feet) and a outer perimeter = 1700 meters (~1.02 mi) which works well with my various events (with help from your good self) so I feel like I'm finally up and running (PHL2 wise) many thanxs in this continued learning experience(s), Mike

Comment

If you've already installed .47, then I don't think it will cause anything catrosophic to happen. Basically when the plug-in is shut down it doesn't make a clean break from HS3 so HS3 still has a hold on the plug-in's exe file therefore it can't be overwritten whilst HS3 is running.

I need to confirm for sure tomorrow (its 11pm here in the UK) but initial testing seems to suggest that the issue is caused by the way the plug-in is storing the data from the previous location update. This was added to fix the issue with triggers on overlapping known locations.

Currently this is stored as a custom object in the PED (PlugExtraData) of the user root device and whilst the reading and writing of data to this PED object is working fine, for some reason if any plug-in device has such an object in it's PED collection then HS3 won't let go of the plug-in's exe.

I'll get onto it in the morning.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post

Randy, its been a few days since our discussion above and I have say I'm now working properly (no false alarms with moving Inside > Outside > Inside my GeoFency inner perimeters when the phone hasn't been moved) after fixing my "iCloud Device" iPhone > to reflect; "General options" > with my "Minimum Distance to Move" = 0.1 mile and my "Maximum Accuracy" = 100 Meters.

I readjusted my GeoFency perimeters to a inner perimeter = 100 meters (328 feet) and a outer perimeter = 1700 meters (~1.02 mi) which works well with my various events (with help from your good self) so I feel like I'm finally up and running (PHL2 wise) many thanxs in this continued learning experience(s), Mike
                          Hey Mike--
                          I'm curious how you are using your inner and outer with Geofency.. mind sharing an event and geofency snapshot?

Comment

I've uploaded version 3.0.0.48 and reinstated the download link in the release notes page.

See the notes (in red) on the release notes page if you have already installed versions 3.0.0.45 to 3.0.0.47.

Paul..

Comment

There is a typo in the FMIP Alert Action text.. I currently says "Play altert sound:" extra T in there.

Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                                There is a typo in the FMIP Alert Action text.. I currently says "Play altert sound:" extra T in there.
                                Fixed in .49 or later.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X