Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I’d take the plunge, so i swapped over to this version at the weekend. Fully.
    Had a slight problem with an event not firing on Monday morning, as the events and devices are slightly different, but had it sorted by the time the wife left for work.

I have the main locations working on Followmee and have added the iCloud device for me only. I had a problem authenticating the wife’s account, but I’ll try again at the weekend as the fmip alerts will come in handy.

I’ve still got to update my HS3Touch yet, but I’ve added a lot of things and changed a lot of things with the extension I had built last year.
    I’ll be onto that shortly and hope to get the maps through.

So far so good, and much neater with less devices. Good job.

Cheers

J

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

Apologies for forgetting to mention where... really long day at work. Brain totally fried yesterday.

When in 'Users/Devices' and edit any entry, after you click 'done' it kicks you back out to HS3's "Device Management" page

On the Navigation... MeiHarmonyHub plugin has a nice example of having a 'top menu' of all the Plugin screens for easy/quick moving between plugin screens.

Also; nice that I could use the original User IDs (from PHL1), it didnt create new ones (posted in Log) as I thought it would. I didnt see this in the guide (I may have missed it).

One small feature request...
      explained (I didnt know) that EgiGeoZone is the only app where it send data so PHL2 will auto-create the Fences. Really cool feature/option IMO. This did remind me was that in PHL1 I had to manually rename and/or change the Floor or Room of every device it created because otherwise every Fence has one, or more, identical twins - one for every user. Reason is that PHL2 places every device in PhLocation2 / PHLocation2 (floor/room).

So the device list has many 'same named devices' like this...

PHLcation2 PHLocation2 Neighborhood
      PHLcation2 PHLocation2 Neighborhood
      PHLcation2 PHLocation2 Rec Center
      PHLcation2 PHLocation2 Rec Center
      PHLcation2 PHLocation2 Park
      PHLcation2 PHLocation2 Park

The request Ideas:
      Allow Users to Define separate Room names for Fences and for Tracking (I change them to 'GeoFences' & 'Tracking') and add a prefix or suffix to the Device Name; like Wife-Park

This way the Devices will no longer be duplicates, and they can be much better organized & recognized inside Events. The above list would not look something like...

PHLcation2 GeoFence Wife-Neighborhood
      PHLcation2 GeoFence Hubby-Neighborhood
      PHLcation2 GeoFence Wife-Rec Center
      PHLcation2 GeoFence Hubby-Rec Center
      PHLcation2 GeoFence Wife-Park
      PHLcation2 GeoFence Hubby-Park

BTW - The plugin is working great.

Not sure if I can "easily" make it return to the Users/Devices or whatever page was previously being viewed because the actual editing of a device is an HS3 thing which can be accessed from multiple places.
      If you opened a User type device for editing directly from the HS3 device management page, then I expect you wouldn't want to be returned to the Users/Devices page.
      I'll have a look and see what's possible.

From what I could find in a quick search, it looks the MeiHarmonyHub plug-in uses a tab control in a similar way to how PHL2 displays the general config page. Is that what you're referring to as the "top menu"?

As Randy said. When you add an EGI user in the first instance (i.e. the root device), you can choose Floor / Room before saving the device. When new child geofence devices are added automatically they should adopt the Floor / Room values of the root device. If you want for example all geofence child devices regardless of the root device to have the same Floor/Room, then that currently isn't possible within the plug-in.

So, when you add a new EgiGeoZone (F) type device you could give it Floor=PHLocation2 Room=Geofences-Wife then any fence devices can be found in the event builder as PHLocation2 Geofences-Wife GeofenceName

All geofence types will auto-create the child devices when new geofences are heard for the first time not just EGI.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
        I had a problem authenticating the wife’s account, but I’ll try again at the weekend as the fmip alerts will come in handy.
        If it fails on 2-FA authentication. Log into your wife's iCloud account using a web browser. On first login, you will very likely be presented with a dialogue that asks you to confirm some security settings. Accept that, log out of the browser and try authenticating again through the plug-in.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
          From what I could find in a quick search, it looks the MeiHarmonyHub plug-in uses a tab control in a similar way to how PHL2 displays the general config page. Is that what you're referring to as the "top menu"?
          Yes. Having all the available 'pages' there as buttons is very handy, saves lot of clicks (plus, HS3's native drop-down menu is horrible in real world use on both mobile and PC/mouse)

Originally posted by sooty View Post
          As Randy said. When you add an EGI user in the first instance (i.e. the root device), you can choose Floor / Room before saving the device. When new child geofence devices are added automatically they should adopt the Floor / Room values of the root device. If you want for example all geofence child devices regardless of the root device to have the same Floor/Room, then that currently isn't possible within the plug-in.

So, when you add a new EgiGeoZone (F) type device you could give it Floor=PHLocation2 Room=Geofences-Wife then any fence devices can be found in the event builder as PHLocation2 Geofences-Wife GeofenceName

All geofence types will auto-create the child devices when new geofences are heard for the first time not just EGI.

Paul..
          The thought is two-fold...

1. Separate GeoFences from Tracking ... I prefer making them separate rooms, which helps for sorting in the UI

2. Separate WHO the devices refer to. (see screenshot)
          Right now, manual renaming is Required otherwise it is impossible to know what PHL2 devices belong to what persons. Notice the devices with <Person> have been renamed and those without... how do you know which is which when creating an Event? Not easy.

... not life shattering to manually rename off of these but would be nice to have it in the plugin

Comment

Yes. Having all the available 'pages' there as buttons is very handy, saves lot of clicks (plus, HS3's native drop-down menu is horrible in real world use on both mobile and PC/mouse)
            I'm not against the idea of combining all the config into a single tabbed view so I've added that to the "possibles" list.

The thought is two-fold...

1. Separate GeoFences from Tracking ... I prefer making them separate rooms, which helps for sorting in the UI

2. Separate WHO the devices refer to. (see screenshot)
            Right now, manual renaming is Required otherwise it is impossible to know what PHL2 devices belong to what persons. Notice the devices with <Person> have been renamed and those without... how do you know which is which when creating an Event? Not easy.

... not life shattering to manually rename off of these but would be nice to have it in the plugin
            I don't understand:
            Geofence and Tracking/Position device groups are separate and you can give them whatever Floor / Room names you like when you first add the User/Device type.
            If at creation time if you did not specify a Floor & Room then it will have assigned the default "PHLocation2" to both items and yes, you would then have to manually edit them but this is not that painful as you can do that as a group from the HS3 device management page.

Whenever new child devices are added to a group, be it automatically as in the case of geofences or when the Rebuild Child Devices button is used, any added child devices will adopt the Floor and Room of the root device they will not get the default "PHLocation2".

Paul..

Comment

The issue around naming is not easy to solve. The root device has to be created before the client device is linked. So there is not a way to pass the clients name to the device being created in HS3. Thus it gets the default name until you change it something more meaningful.
              HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
              Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
              Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
                The issue around naming is not easy to solve. The root device has to be created before the client device is linked. So there is not a way to pass the clients name to the device being created in HS3. Thus it gets the default name until you change it something more meaningful.
                I’m not sure I understand what you are saying. There is no requirement that you keep the default name and locations on a root device. You can rename the root and change or add one or both locations before all the client child devices are created. They will use the same locations and build upon the root device’s name.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
                  In PHLocation2, when you add a new device from the Users/Devices page it creates a new root device and opens the standard HS3 device edit page. With the exception of Service Account device types, the child devices are not created until the Save Changes button is clicked on the PHL2 tab.

As previously described, geofence child devices that are automatically added by the plug-in will assume the Floor and Room settings of the respective root device.

If you hit the Done button on the Configuration tab, then it will not create the child devices, therefore it is important that you hit the Save Changes button on the PHL2 tab.

Not fully investigated it but I don't think it's possible to:
                  1. Hide the Done button.
                  2. Catch the done button being clicked from within a plug-in.

So the onus is on the user to hit the Save Changes button to ensure the devices are set up properly.

Paul..

Comment

IBeacon
                    Would you set up a IBeacon as a custom geofence device or just as a geodevice. Also for the device ID would you just get that from the log when you do a test transmission of the web hook. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Spudjr View Post
                      IBeacon
                      Would you set up a IBeacon as a custom geofence device or just as a geodevice. Also for the device ID would you just get that from the log when you do a test transmission of the web hook. Thanks
                      What app are you using to detect the iBeacons and post to HS?

With GeoFency an iBeacon is posted just as a fence would be, but is identified as an iBeacon.

Comment

yes. Using geoFency

Comment

yes. Using geoFency
                          Once a GeoFency root is created and configured, any properly configured fence or iBeacon on the app will create the correct PHL2 device in HomeSeer.

Comment

On geofency test connection on enter and it is successful. On PHlocation2 created a geofence device (F) Cant seem to get the Device ID When I send a test connection from geofancy it is successfull but no device id ever showed in the HS log

Comment

Working, thanks for your help

Comment

Working, thanks for your help
                                After getting the id. You have to send a webhook again to get the geofence added as a HS3 device Just FYI.

Comment

Working...
                                X