This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Paul, in one of your recent updates you added "Any" to your PHL2 command is it possible to add "None" because I thought "Any" was for any known locations but it also includes "None", it would be nice to be able say: If User: X enters or exits know location: Any (known) but not None.

I like the ability to have None within the Current Locations but I have to create three statements to exclude Home and None when entering or exiting a known location, Mike
    I have events that fire for enter/exit using the Any location, but it does not fire when the known location changes to none.

Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-event-known-locations.png
Views:	165
Size:	387.9 KB
ID:	1287129

Comment

Thanxs Steve, I need to re-group and re-test my known location events, originally I had the problem where the above event had "None" as a location in both my TTS and HS3 Log entry, hence the request I know whilst doing minor tweaks I may have somehow created the situation (not sure how). I will update to reflect my latest... Mike

Update: Steve I notice that within the Previous Location device one of the options is "None" (-1) along with "Multiple Locations" and "Home" so "None" seems to be a valid location. Mike
      Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
      Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
      HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post

UPDATE: After posting on the EasyTrigger forum, Spud got me straightened out. I'm currently testing to validate that it's working. The reason it was failing is that the status-control type has to be set to Both and should not be a clone of a plugin controlled device. When I created a new virtual device and replicated all the status graphics and values, made the status-controls Both, and set the device as a Status Only Device, EasyTrigger is now able to update the device. Here is the new device along with the new simpler event to update it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	phlocation2-event-update-previous-location.PNG Views:	2 Size:	28.2 KB ID:	1285294
        Steve, question I'm watching how my events are triggering (sequencing) and by large everything seems to work as expected, but I'm looking at the "PHL- Steve - Update Previous Location" event and "Steve phone Current Location" device and believe that the Previous location is being written by the current location at the same time since its condition is "enters known location: Any." which means that both the Current Location and the Previous Location reflect the same place at the same time as they are being updated with by the same mechanism I added a image of both of my Previous and Current at showing "Home" which I would have expected them to be different at all times, what am I missing? What are you selecting within the "Options>??Mike
        Attached Files

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Which version of easy trigger?
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
          Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
          3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
          4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
          3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
          SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Steve, question I'm watching how my events are triggering (sequencing) and by large everything seems to work as expected, but I'm looking at the "PHL- Steve - Update Previous Location" event and "Steve phone Current Location" device and believe that the Previous location is being written by the current location at the same time since its condition is "enters known location: Any." which means that both the Current Location and the Previous Location reflect the same place at the same time as they are being updated with by the same mechanism I added a image of both of my Previous and Current at showing "Home" which I would have expected them to be different at all times, what am I missing? What are you selecting within the "Options>??Mike
            Just think about it...

You are triggering on the phone entering a known location. At that moment the current location changes to where you are right now, then the Event copies your current location to the previous location - making them both your now current location. You will need to move your current location to the previous known location before you enter a new one. This will be difficult logic to figure out.

I would be curious how Steve's works since he uses the same logic

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanxs Randy, I thought I was being thick again but when I created the same event I was seeing both devices mirroring each other as they both originate for the same source. I thought maybe if I manually set the previous to another previous but again the same dynamic would be in play. Out of curiosity have you ever created an event that would do what Steve proposed?

I thought I remembered something similar where as one was using Virtual Devices to capture previous condition whilst combing throught the forum but can't remember where. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                Which version of easy trigger?
                John, I'm using v.56 (beta)

Comment

Thanxs Randy, I thought I was being thick again but when I created the same event I was seeing both devices mirroring each other as they both originate for the same source. I thought maybe if I manually set the previous to another previous but again the same dynamic would be in play. Out of curiosity have you ever created an event that would do what Steve proposed?

I thought I remembered something similar where as one was using Virtual Devices to capture previous condition whilst combing throught the forum but can't remember where. Mike
                  The first step is to outline what it is you want to do.
                  • At the moment you leave a known location you need to write it to a virtual device as a previous location.
                  • This means you must store the current location in a virtual device upon entry to a known location, call it "current location virtual".
                  • Then you must write the value of "current location virtual" to another device, call it "previous location virtual" upon departure from any known location.

So you need two virtual devices and two events.

Event 1
                  If user enters any known location
                  Then write the PHL current location to "current location virtual"

Event 2
                  If user exits any known location
                  Then write "current location virtual" to "previous location virtual"

This begs the question: what automation need is driven from the value of the previous known location? If it is just for data, the PHL history report, the message panel or a history map will have the data.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I added a image of both of my Previous and Current at showing "Home" which I would have expected them to be different at all times, what am I missing? What are you selecting within the "Options>??Mike
                    You're correct. Since I'm updating the previous location with the current location, you have to do it when you enter a known location. This means that the previous location and current location will be the same when you're at a known location.

Since I only needed the previous location for one specific event, I didn't care if it was the same as the current location. I was lazy and did not create another virtual device to temporarily store the current location so that the previous location could be updated when exiting a known location rather than entering one. I'll probably update this in my next set of updates.

Also, I'm still using the script commands to update the virtual devices since I did not want all the controls visible for the virtual devices. Hopefully Spud will consider allowing status only devices to be copied so we can use easy trigger to update the virtual devices.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

This begs the question: what automation need is driven from the value of the previous known location? If it is just for data, the PHL history report, the message panel or a history map will have the data.
                      I have an event that utilize the previous location to announce when I'm leaving from any known location. Rather the creating a separate event for every known location, I can just use the one event and the previous location to announce where I just left from without having to create new events every time a new known location is added. I also use the previous location to override the "exiting Any location event" for when I want to do something different. I do this when leaving home or my in-laws at the moment.

Comment

Update: Steve I notice that within the Previous Location device one of the options is "None" (-1) along with "Multiple Locations" and "Home" so "None" seems to be a valid location. Mike
                        The previous location device will never contain None as a location since I only set the device when entering a known location. In the next iteration, I'm going to do what Randy suggested and store the current location to a hidden virtual device when entering a known location and then copy that devices to the previous location when exiting a known location..This way the previous device will always contain the previous known location instead of being the same as the current location.

I'll then be able to use this previous location to announce the last place someone was if their current location is None and then what city they are currently in. For example, let's say I just left work in Houston and had to drive to Dallas and my current location is None. If someone wanted to query my location, the system would announce that I was at work and currently in the city of Dallas along with distance and drive time home.
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Thanxs gentlemen, like I mention earlier I thought I missed a trick somewhere.. So using two VD (Current2 and Previous locations) we get a FIFO logic which then would provide the proper sequencing between true previous and current locations. I have to say PHL2 has introduced me to several new concepts, events and implementation cross platforms, apps and alerts.

Paul, I've continued using EasyTrigger with "Status Only Device:" deselected albeit I get all of the controls being displayed within right most panel. Did Spud make any commitment of modifying EasyTrigger to manually remove the controls? Mike

Randy, your suggestion works I've created two events with two VD and they work as advertised, thanxs. I'm not sure how to apply your statement below, are you inferring that we can somehow capture specific data from the message panel and/or history map (database) and if so how? Mike

Comment

Are there any issues with the latest version of V2 and iCloud? I have two iCloud accounts on my HS3 system and over the past few days both phones have all of a sudden started asking to allow a new login. Resetting the account and re-doing the verification fixed the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by dibble9012 View Post
                              Are there any issues with the latest version of V2 and iCloud? I have two iCloud accounts on my HS3 system and over the past few days both phones have all of a sudden started asking to allow a new login. Resetting the account and re-doing the verification fixed the issue.
                              Same here. Does the 2FA checks expire for the plugin?
                              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Here I have 2 Icloud account connected. But didnt register them with the plugin at the same time.

I had to redo the 2fa for my account 3 weeks ago.
                                At the same time I redid the 2fa for my GF account.

But last week I had to redo It for my GF account like if the last time didn’t happen.

so i guest there is a predifined period of time for this

Comment

Working...
                                X