Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The current location device will not have anything in the string value if it has a value of 0 ("Home"), -1 ("None"), or -2 ("Multiple Locations"). When the value is 1-9999999, then the string value is updated to reflect the name of the known location that matches the current value. For example, if the value of the current location is 2 and you have a known location of "Starbucks near home" that has an ID of 2, then the string value of the current location device will contain "Starbucks near home". When you enter the home location, the string value goes to blank and the value changes to 0.

For me, this works ok since I'm using $$DSR to announce when I'm entering or leaving a known location as long as it's not home. I'm using another event to announce when I'm home. I got lucky with my event since it would not work correctly with the string being empty when entering the home location. I think if you update your event as I did, so that when you enter or exit a known location, as long as it's not home, then you should be able to use the $$DSR (again, not sure why this works since the status value is technically just 1-999999). Then, when entering or exiting the home location, you could do something else with a separate event.

Comment

Thanxs Steve, I will have to look at my CurrentLocation whilst not at home to view what your indicating, I noticed that I do get "None" being TTS and/or logged (like when I leave home) so I will need to adjust my event to exclude "None". I have to say I'm learning a lot more about Virtual Devices and their capabilities.. Mike
      Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
      Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
      HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Steve, confirmed that my CurrentLocation device only puts a string value out with known location names once that location radius has been broached other wise the string field is blank and the status displays the value; Home, Multiple Location, or None. Based on this I need to adjust my events to cover, also I noticed that my increased polling (1 minute) needs to be looked at I've gotten situations that it was left at 15 minutes which means that none of my iCloud devices reflect reality until 15 minutes later... Mike

Update: re polling, I changed my events to primarily use more GeoFency (GF) instead of iCloud devices.. Looking back at an earlier post from Randy he also intimated that he was using GF within his events as they were fast. I also used the 5 sec recurring trigger for my Home Arrived and Depart events rather than relying on a iCloud condition only, Thanxs Randy. Mike
        Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
        Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
        HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

GREAT Paul - Now with version2 the whole iCloud thing seem to work again!! Hopefully it stays like that.
          Finally donation time has come ;-D

One questions: will the device to device approximation (where i could setup a connection between 2 devices and also trigger it) also come to version2?

Thank you!

Comment

help with PNG images

Until yesterday, for all my icloud users I had PNG images that were created for current location of all users.

Suddenly tody for no apperent reasons the PNG files are not created anymore.

The only thing I did, all users stop updating for no apparent reaons so I had to reset the polling interval and did s manual poll wich restarted all updates except the png files.

using 3.0.0.63

thanks for any help

Last edited by goldriver; March 13, 2019, 12:59 PM. Reason: edited 03-13, I have fix my issue by loging in my google account and regenerated an API key that I have updated in the plugin and this fixed the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              Paul is aware of the 2FA expiration issue and is trying to fix it. It was all good until Apple changed something. He does not have a fix at this time but is endeavoring to find one.
              sooty Curious if you think you are close to a solve for the 2FA expiration issue? I am holding off rolling our PHLocation2 pending this so just checking on timing. Thanks for all you do!

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post
                sooty Curious if you think you are close to a solve for the 2FA expiration issue? I am holding off rolling our PHLocation2 pending this so just checking on timing. Thanks for all you do!
                yeah, I have to reset auth for iCloud every month or so it seems. Curious if this is fixable or something we're gonna have to live with?
                sooty - Have you looked at Apple application passwords? Seems it may solve the problem? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397

thx,
                mike
                App-specific passwords allow you to sign in to your account securely when you use third-party apps with your Apple ID.

Comment

I have HSTouch text elements that intermittently do not update properly with the PHLocation2 Current Location device status string. Sometimes they update correctly and other times they update to "Text". It appears to only happen when a new known place is entered--as opposed to any other location update--although I can't say this with certainty yet. I'm guessing this is the result of the HS device status being empty or possibly not properly receiving the data from the HS server. Since these are the only status text elements in my HSTouch project exhibiting this behavior I surmise it's not an issue of not receiving the data properly. Is it possible that at the instant the Location device is updated--and therefore triggers an update of the element in HSTouch--the string is empty and is then is overwritten with the new status after HSTouch has been updated? And writing the new status doesn't change the Last Updated stamp and therefore doesn't trigger update of the HSTouch element? Or other explanation?

I'm relatively new to both PHLocation and HSTouch so let me know if this is something I should be posting this in that sub.

Thanks.
                  -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                    I have HSTouch text elements that intermittently do not update properly with the PHLocation2 Current Location device status string. Sometimes they update correctly and other times they update to "Text". It appears to only happen when a new known place is entered--as opposed to any other location update--although I can't say this with certainty yet. I'm guessing this is the result of the HS device status being empty or possibly not properly receiving the data from the HS server. Since these are the only status text elements in my HSTouch project exhibiting this behavior I surmise it's not an issue of not receiving the data properly. Is it possible that at the instant the Location device is updated--and therefore triggers an update of the element in HSTouch--the string is empty and is then is overwritten with the new status after HSTouch has been updated? And writing the new status doesn't change the Last Updated stamp and therefore doesn't trigger update of the HSTouch element? Or other explanation?

I'm relatively new to both PHLocation and HSTouch so let me know if this is something I should be posting this in that sub.

Thanks.
                    Now have the project running on three Windows HS3Touch clients (one local, 2 MyHS) and the same status element shows "Text" on one remotely connected client and the correct Known Location on the local and the other remote. Would seem to be a timing issue, but why? Hmmm.
                    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by mjolsen View Post

yeah, I have to reset auth for iCloud every month or so it seems. Curious if this is fixable or something we're gonna have to live with?
                      sooty - Have you looked at Apple application passwords? Seems it may solve the problem? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397

thx,
                      mike
                      I haven't had this issue but thinking back I may have set it up using "Apple application passwords". Not 100% sure although I have used AAPs in the past.
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I have 3 iCloud accounts, each of which has just (apparently) reached end of 2FA. I'm trying to re-authenticate using App-Specific passwords. Unfortunately I cannot get any of them to reset 2FA using either the native of App-Specific passwords. Each time is says "Check Log", which shows nothing. Furthermore, and possibly at the root of the problem, the edit screen for each of the three service accounts starts up with the user name (and presumedly PW) of the last account added. I can change and save, but it comes back to the other account on next edit. I supposed that I can delete all three and start over, but that seems like a pain. Any ideas?

Comment

I've been working for several hours over several days to get Application-Specific Passwords (ASP) for my Apple IDs to work with PHL2. Things work fine with the native Apple password, but fail when using the ASP. I'd appreciate any insights or advice.

Comment

The issue with App Specific Passwords is that phlocation would need to support. my ask to sooty is can phlocation support both models or just switch to ASP.

m

Comment

That explains a lot. Silly me, I thought that I could just put the ASP in the PW field and it would work. Oh, well, I guess that I'll have to reset every so often. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by madmellow View Post
                                That explains a lot. Silly me, I thought that I could just put the ASP in the PW field and it would work. Oh, well, I guess that I'll have to reset every so often. Thanks
                                same here haha
                                Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                                Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Working...
                                X