• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John245 View Post
    Updated today to v2 of this PI.

I'm experiencing the following issues:

1( Attitude has unknown status
    2) Distance to home, drive time to home and time at location will not update

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture - PHLocation.PNG Views:	0 Size:	74.3 KB ID:	1321635

---
    John
    Did you set up your APIs and providers? Those are calculated using web services.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Did you set up your APIs and providers? Those are calculated using web services.

Thnx,

I did set-up some additional API's and now devices are working except "iPhone John Time at Location" .

I assume this device does not require an API,

---
      John

Comment

Thnx,

I did set-up some additional API's and now devices are working except "iPhone John Time at Location" .

I assume this device does not require an API,

---
        John
        No, it doesn’t. Drive time to home and distance to home require 1) a home location to be set up and 2) you have traveled away from home more than the minimum distance to move as configured for that device. The time at location will start running as soon as you move more than the minimum distance to move as configured for that device.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          No, it doesn’t. Drive time to home and distance to home require 1) a home location to be set up and 2) you have traveled away from home more than the minimum distance to move as configured for that device. The time at location will start running as soon as you move more than the minimum distance to move as configured for that device.
          I comply to all these requirements. I did use a comma instead of a dot to see if that will solve the issue but no luck.

---

John

Comment

Hi Randy,

I have a question,

im getting this error right now..
            PHLocation2 Error (GetElevationG) Error: Msg:REQUEST_DENIED

i did check google api but still getting this code,
            i also created a new one ...

regards
            Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
            Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

I comply to all these requirements. I did use a comma instead of a dot to see if that will solve the issue but no luck.
              Same here. Everything is configured like it should, but I still get API lookup errors.
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Hi Paul, I've only just upgraded to this version, mainly to get rid of the elevation errors as the old version worked very well still, however I seem to have lost some important functionality. I use near and not near to home and known locations to trigger events and set and unset my alarm, unlock doors, etc.

However none of the new devices created in PHLocation 2 seem to have the same function so for example each device has a 0.1 mile radius and in the old version used to indicate near or not near to all known locations based on that. Am I missing something obvious or do we need to do that differently now?

Comment

Originally posted by trevor-austin View Post
                  Hi Paul, I've only just upgraded to this version, mainly to get rid of the elevation errors as the old version worked very well still, however I seem to have lost some important functionality. I use near and not near to home and known locations to trigger events and set and unset my alarm, unlock doors, etc.

However none of the new devices created in PHLocation 2 seem to have the same function so for example each device has a 0.1 mile radius and in the old version used to indicate near or not near to all known locations based on that. Am I missing something obvious or do we need to do that differently now?
                  I've tried using current location changed and is not equal to or is equal to home, which looks like it will work, however the other known locations I have entered are not showing in the child devices so how do I use them?

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                    It is not going to be the same. It was clumsy to create a known location for each known location and each device. There is now a pool of known locations for all devices. There is still a trigger and condition for each device as it relates to a global known location. The triggers are “Location Enter” and “Location Exit”. The conditions are “User at Location” and “User Not at Location”. The only things missing are direction and distance from location. Straight line distance to home is provided. So you can Trigger when you enter or leave the Vortex.

Having known locations calculating driving distance, time and direction of travel was dependent on Google and required every device to have its own known locations. This plug-in has eliminated all reliance on Google and has centralized known locations so that every device relates to them.
                    This should answer my query above, but I don't see how to use it. I cannot see anything in my events to use location enter and location exit, could you explain a little more please?

Now understood, all sorted thanks
                    Last edited by trevor-austin; January 19, 2021, 07:30 AM. Reason: found the answer

Comment

I just switched from Android to iPhone and wonder which of the user devices others prefer. I see iDevice is not one of the possiblities but that might be because I haven't created the service account properly. I don't see where to get 2FA going and that might be my stumbling block. Help please.

Comment

I figured out the 2FA part and this PI is now working very nicely with iCloud device. However...

I get an email from apple every time it gets polled as to the location of the phone. How can I eliminate those ongoing emails?

Comment

I just tried the download link and it appears to be dead now. I've been a longtime PHLocation 1 users. I'm being forced to rebuild my system now from scratch with no viable backups due to a ransom attack. I was going to start with PHL 2, But it seems i can't even find that. Does anyone have a download for it?

Or, I'd consider other options. I didn't use a lot the features. I was mostly using just the geofency part of it to detect when phones were in and out of various fences and beacons.

Comment

Had to come to this ... Paul quit supporting the plugin and no one raised their hand to pick up its support.

Check your PMs.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                              Had to come to this ... Paul quit supporting the plugin and no one raised their hand to pick up its support.
                              There are users that offered to take the PI forward but AFAIK Paul has not responded in a positive way.

IMO one of the requisites of developing a plug-in should be always having a current copy of the code available to HS. It would belong to HS and they could give it to someone, sell it, etc once the original developer has no interest in developing it further. At that point it should be fairly easy to hand off to another developer.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post

There are users that offered to take the PI forward but AFAIK Paul has not responded in a positive way.

IMO one of the requisites of developing a plug-in should be always having a current copy of the code available to HS. It would belong to HS and they could give it to someone, sell it, etc once the original developer has no interest in developing it further. At that point it should be fairly easy to hand off to another developer.
                                Computer programing is more art than science, so while it might be easy to hand your code over to someone you'll probably end up with something like this:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	horse.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1533736
                                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X