X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewbucka
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Randy, slow question.. "Known Location for his home is 0 and "The Vortex" is 4." where does value get set or inferred for home and Vortex contains 0 vs 4? are there other devices that have value of 1-3 or 5> Mike

Update: I believe that the slot number for Known places within PHL2 e.g. 0 for home and in the case for Steve 4 for vortex.

Steve, out of curiously what makes up your vortex known place?
    I was actually guessing the value for the Vortex to be 4 since it was the 4th location I had added. 0 is always Home and then 1-99999999 are for user added locations. I now have 10 known locations and they are alphabetized so I've lost track of which value is assigned to each known location. I've reached out to Paul to see if he might include the value for each location under the known locations tab.

The vortex known place is just a regular location (my in-laws actually) and so I handle entry/exit to this location separately from all other locations.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbucka
    replied
    Stephen, thanxs for sharing, I agree with you PHL2 has significantly improved the Location/Maping capabilities. I noticed that your using Group Conditions I thought I had read some where or was advised that Group conditions aren't reliable in how they execute has something changed with the recent HS3 upgrades.

2)How does the "range" trigger work I see [0,0] and [4,4] thanxs in advance
    3)Where does "Any" when using the PHL2 command "User: Steve phone exits known location: Any." come from?
    I'm only checking the group conditions to make sure they are all true, I'm not doing any group actions. So far, it seems to be working ok. I need to test to make sure things are working when party mode is set or when occupancy status is Away.

For the range triggers, as Randy pointed out, my original intent was to verify that I wasn't at Home nor the Vortex after exiting a known location. This actually didn't work since the Current Location value was updated to None (value of -1) and so was always not home (value of 0) or the vortex (value of 4). I updated my post above to show the new logic that I'm using and I'll test this out for a couple of days to see if it works.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Paul, Map(s) question; which tab is controlling the two maps below (I was assuming the Configuration>Mapping but I do not believe that's totally correct?
    • Dynamic Map (Built-in Viewer)
    • Auto Generate (All Users) Dynamic Map settings
    • Auto Generate (All Users) Static Image Settings
    1. (Device Id)_history.HTML
    2. (Device ID)_current.PNG
    3. alluserscurrent.HTML

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Paul, thanxs for the clarification. So just that I'm clear in my understanding the other Known location(s) (not Home) are sequential numbering based on how they were inputted e.g. 2nd inputted Known Location =1 followed by the 3rd being =2 and ect?

Update: Somehow I don't believe my statement is correct because the Known Locations are in alpha numeric sequence which would put device number is flux...

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Randy, slow question.. "Known Location for his home is 0 and "The Vortex" is 4." where does value get set or inferred for home and Vortex contains 0 vs 4? are there other devices that have value of 1-3 or 5> Mike

Update: I believe that the slot number for Known places within PHL2 e.g. 0 for home and in the case for Steve 4 for vortex.

Don't read too much into the device value (slot number) used in the current location device as this may not always provide the correct info.

As far as known locations are concerned, ID 0 is always assigned to the Home Location and ID's >0 are assigned to any additional known locations.

WRT the current location device the device values are not always as they seem:
    If the user is not within any known location then the value is -1.
    If the user is ONLY within the Home Location and NOT also within any other known location then the value is 0.
    If the user is ONLY within ONE other known location (that is NOT the home location) then the value will be >0 where the number represents the ID of the known location.
    If the user is within MULTIPLE (i.e. overlapping known locations) locations then the value will be -2.

In summary:
    It is fine to use the device value if you don't have overlapping known locations.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• bjwanvik
    replied
    Thank you!
    I should have seen that myself... After some struggling with my tasker string, I'm finally in with the Android (tasker) device as well - then everything should be ready to take advantage of this fantastic plug-in

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by bjwanvik View Post
    I just installed PHLocation 2, and got the iCloud up and running pretty fast.
    Tasker didn't work out so well for me
    I just copied the old tasker task from PHLocation (1) and modified the url, but I'm getting this error:
    (ProcPositionData) Invalid Interface Name for user [4918] of PHLocation2!

Any idea what that could be? 4918 is the device for tasker device in PHLocation 2. I realized that if I change the string in tasker, for instance change from 4918 to 4917, that's reflected in the log - also tried to change to the user, and tried to rename device 4918 to different names without that helping.
    Apologies, the user guide is incorrect for Tasker configuration

The "(ProcPositionData) Invalid Interface Name for user [4918] of PHLocation2!" message is coming from PHLocation V1 because device ref 4918 belongs to PHLocation V2.
    Change the URL in your Tasker post from /phlapi?dtype=CD to /phl2api?dtype=CD

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• bjwanvik
    replied
    I just installed PHLocation 2, and got the iCloud up and running pretty fast.
    Tasker didn't work out so well for me
    I just copied the old tasker task from PHLocation (1) and modified the url, but I'm getting this error:
    (ProcPositionData) Invalid Interface Name for user [4918] of PHLocation2!

Any idea what that could be? 4918 is the device for tasker device in PHLocation 2. I realized that if I change the string in tasker, for instance change from 4918 to 4917, that's reflected in the log - also tried to change to the user, and tried to rename device 4918 to different names without that helping.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Thanxs Randy for taking the time to explain on both Group conditions and Easy trigger conditons. As I have mention before examples are great learning tools so if one doesn't quite grasp what's going on this forum always has subject matter experts.

Well I guess I must of not kept up with the "Jones" and updated to the latest... Thanxs Mike

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Stephen, thanxs for sharing, I agree with you PHL2 has significantly improved the Location/Maping capabilities. I noticed that your using Group Conditions I thought I had read some where or was advised that Group conditions aren't reliable in how they execute has something changed with the recent HS3 upgrades.

3)Where does "Any" when using the PHL2 command "User: Steve phone exits known location: Any." come from?

Group conditions work fine, There is some ambiguity on one of the options as explained here.

Known Location for his home is 0 and "The Vortex" is 4. Those are Conditions not Triggers. A range of [0,0] means equal to 0 and a range of [4,4] is equal to 4. Together, the event will run only if he has been away from Home (0) or The Vortex (4) for at leas 10 seconds. As he wrote, he handles entry and exit of those two locations separately.

"Any" was added to the latest beta - 3.0.0.60 yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chewbucka
    replied
    v 3.0.0.60 Feb 12th 2019
    Added - Any location can be specified in Enter/Exit location trigger.
    UPDATE3: After posting on the EasyTrigger forum, Spud pointed me in the right direction to fix the EasyTrigger error when updating the Previous location device. It turns out, you shouldn't clone a plugin device, but instead, create a new virtual device and in this case, it needs to have Status-Controls set to Both in order to be copied correctly. Now, instead of having to use script commands, you can simple copy the device using EasyTrigger.

UPDATE 2: After further testing, I was unable to use EasyTrigger to copy the current location to the previous location. I've corrected the events below to use script commands. Currently I set the Previous Location to the Current Location whenever I enter any known location which means these devices are the same whenever I'm at a known location.
    I've made a request to Paul about the possibility of having a "Previous Location" device that would get updated automatically whenever you left a known location which negate having to create a device and have to keep it updated.

UPDATE: I had to change the events for Entering/Exiting a known location. Originally I was using the value for the current location which works when you enter a known location, but when leaving, the current location will be "None" and so my event was announcing I had just left "None" and it was also checking to see if the current location was not equal to [0,0]or [4,4] which would always be true since it was None or a value of -1.

Paul,

This is brilliant! This has dramatically reduced the number of events where I announce when a user has entered/exited a known location. I have three users and currently 5 known locations for a total of 30 entry/exit events (and adding new ones every day) down to just 6 events. With <.60, I would have to create two events for each user, for each known location. Now I've reduced that to just two per user. If I add more known locations, my announcement automatically announces the location based upon the current location value.

Here are the new events that I've created. When arriving, I check to make sure it's not home nor Vortex (I have other entry events for those locations) and then I announce the location using dev id 2715 which is the current location. I then use EastTrigger to copy the current location device to a new virtual Previous location device for use later when exiting. When exiting, I'm checking to make sure the previous location isn't home (don't want to announce that I just left home) by checking the device value, and that I'm not leaving the Vortex by using EasyTrigger to check if the device string contains "vortex". I've reached out to Paul to see if he might include the location index of each location under each known location section so that the raw value could be used in case anyone didn't have EasyTrigger to check the string value. The group conditions are just checking for two virtual device values: 1) a virtual device called "Party mode" is off (don't want announcements if we're having a party) and 2) a virtual device called "Occupancy status" is Home

Here is the Arrived/Departed events for Any location with a check for group conditions and special locations.

Click image for larger version  Name:	phlocation2-known-locations-entered-exit-any.PNG Views:	1 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	1285016

This is the new device that I created based upon the Current Location device.

Click image for larger version  Name:	phlocation2-device-previous-location.PNG Views:	1 Size:	23.1 KB ID:	1284752
    Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-device-previous-location-configuration.PNG
Views:	149
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	1285287Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-device-previous-location-advanced.PNG
Views:	148
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1285288Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-device-previous-location-status-values.PNG
Views:	149
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	1285289Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-device-previous-location-status-graphics.PNG
Views:	156
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1285290
    Here is the event that updates the previous location device. Much easier to read than the previous way of doing it with script commands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	phlocation2-event-update-previous-location.PNG
Views:	158
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1285291

These are the custom events to handle entering and exiting one of my known locations.

Click image for larger version  Name:	phlocation2-event-vortex.PNG Views:	1 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	1284753

These are the events used to handle approaching and arriving Home.

Click image for larger version  Name:	phlocation2-event-home.PNG Views:	1 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	1284754

Leave a comment:

• Chewbucka
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I understand what you are saying except: "requires no geofences to be created". Do you mean you don't have to create them on your device? Known Locations in the plug-in are geofences, I am guessing you are using those.
    Yes, that's correct. I meant to say that I'm using only a positional user (Backitude) rather than a fence user (like geofency) with the known locations.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Thanxs for inputs Randy re Life360/FollowMee, I really didn't want to add another app unless it was going to provide something useful and/or data.

I was thinking that speed with location could be an indicator if one is on the freeway an indicator of traffic density e.g. if on freeway and speed is <10 miles most likely there is a traffic situation somewhere and time to get home will be greatly extended. Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X