X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post

The setting for "Ignore location with accuracy >" is 2000 meters.

I looked in the Plug-Ins>PHL2>History Viewer and selected my iPhone with a durration of 48 hours, there are only 14 entries over that time period which I thought was a little strange. I have it polled every 5 minutes.

There is an entry on Feb. 3rd at 10:48am that is at an address away from home and then the next entry is on Feb. 4th at 4:04am at my home address then the next two entries show two polls on my way to work. (takes 10 min to get to work)

So it never logged me at home until 17 hours later? I don't have any PHL2 errors in the HS log.

P.S. - I'm on version .49 so if this is something that you have corrected in a later version, maybe that's my issue?
    Can't be 100% but I'm pretty sure nothing has changed in that code since .49.

The plug-in does not record the location on every poll, only if the location has changed.
    I'll check the code but the time at location device should only reset to 0 when a new location is recorded for that user.

What I was initially suspecting is that during the night when your phone was polled, it returned a low accuracy position which was allowed through because of the >2000 metres setting. Obviously 2000m is more than 0.5 miles so it would have recorded it as a new location therefore resetting the time at location to 0. Some time later it received a high accuracy location that caused another update, hence resetting the time at location device again.
    If that were the case then it should have recorded both changes and you would see them in the history.

In your case it appears that it took from 10:48am on the 3rd until 4:04am on the 4th to detect that you were at home. When you observed that the time at location was 8 minutes, was this at 4:12am?

P.S. It would be good practice to set the max accuracy to less than the min dist to move to prevent the above scenario so if you have min dist to move at 0.5 miles then try setting the max accuracy to 750 metres.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Originally posted by sooty View Post

Maybe your phone is jumping between cell / GPS / WiFi locations.

What setting do you have for Ignore locations with accuracy > on the user device?
    Have a look on the history page and see if there are any locations recorded through the night with a high accuracy that would put you more than 0.5 mi from home.

Paul..
    The setting for "Ignore location with accuracy >" is 2000 meters.

I looked in the Plug-Ins>PHL2>History Viewer and selected my iPhone with a durration of 48 hours, there are only 14 entries over that time period which I thought was a little strange. I have it polled every 5 minutes.

There is an entry on Feb. 3rd at 10:48am that is at an address away from home and then the next entry is on Feb. 4th at 4:04am at my home address then the next two entries show two polls on my way to work. (takes 10 min to get to work)

So it never logged me at home until 17 hours later? I don't have any PHL2 errors in the HS log.

P.S. - I'm on version .49 so if this is something that you have corrected in a later version, maybe that's my issue?

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Another Map question when I use PHL2 Map and I select "All Users" I get a map of my current location when I select "History" I get a blue text "Showing history for Mike's iPhoneX (26 points)'" but the previous map is replaced with a white map area, I was expecting the previous map with 26 bread crumb being displayed what am I missing? Mike
    If its showing the blue text "26 points" then it should be displaying the map.

1. Which dynamic map provider do you have set?
    2. On the Config>Mapping tab Dynamic Map (Built-In Viewer) Settings what is the Initial Max Zoom Level set to?

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied

Yes you've made it more clearer, based on what you've said I should normally use the checkbox to "Include on All Users Map" within the User / Device and use the Configuration>Mapping tab settings for both static and dynamic maps unless I'm looking for a User / Device usage type map
    Clear as mud, I know. I'll try and do a proper explanation in the user guide.

Whenever a "position based" user/device gets a new location it causes an internal trigger within the plug-in which looks to see if the (Build a new map when location changes) flag is set for that user. This is done for both static and dynamic types.
    If those flags are set then it will generate maps based on the settings on the PHL2 tab for that user.

Next, it will then check to see if the (Include this device on the All Users map) flag is set for either map type for that user. If it is, then it will cause the "All Users" maps to be updated. When this happens it will look through all other "position based" users that have the flag set and get their locations, then regenerate the maps.
    The settings it uses for the (All Users) maps, with the exception of the marker character and marker colour are taken from the Config>Mapping options because they are not specific to any user.

In addition you can generate both types of maps whenever you want using the plug-in event actions. Each event action has it's own settings with the exception of the marker character and color which is user specific.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied

The PHL tab for each user has a checkbox to "Include on All Users Map" for both static and dynamic maps. If these are set ON, then the settings on Config>Mapping are used.
    NOTE: For All Users automatic maps, it will use the marker character / colour specified under each user but will override the map size and type etc as the above settings.

The settings under each user apply to maps for that single user.

Does that make sense?

Paul..

Yes you've made it more clearer, based on what you've said I should normally use the checkbox to "Include on All Users Map" within the User / Device and use the Configuration>Mapping tab settings for both static and dynamic maps unless I'm looking for a User / Device usage type map

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Another Map question when I use PHL2 Map and I select "All Users" I get a map of my current location when I select "History" I get a blue text "Showing history for Mike's iPhoneX (26 points)'" but the previous map is replaced with a white map area, I was expecting the previous map with 26 bread crumb being displayed what am I missing? Mike

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Paul, clarification in regards to maps; I see that I can input both static and dynamic maps particulars within a) the Configuration>Mapping tab and b) the same within Users / Devices>iPhone device>PHLocation2 tab. My question is what is the difference between the two and how should I use them as I'm assuming that my iPhone is being used in both examples? Mike
    The PHL tab for each user has a checkbox to "Include on All Users Map" for both static and dynamic maps. If these are set ON, then the settings on Config>Mapping are used.
    NOTE: For All Users automatic maps, it will use the marker character / colour specified under each user but will override the map size and type etc as the above settings.

The settings under each user apply to maps for that single user.

Does that make sense?

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    Hello sooty I'm wondering if I have set something up incorrectly. I've noticed that the "Time at Location" device will keep resetting back to 0 at random times. I have had my phone sitting on my night stand (at Home) when sleeping and when I wake up in the morning the "Time at Location" device will show that it's been 8 minutes at that location (Home).

When I set up the Home and Work Known Location I used the full Lat/Lon from the Lat/Lon devices on my phone from the plugin. I have set the iCloud Device (iPhone) - Minimum Distance to Move: 0.5 mi and the Home Known Location Radius to 0.5 mi. I understand that my GPS position will float around a little but a half mile is a big difference. Is there something that you can suggest I change in settings that might help?
    Maybe your phone is jumping between cell / GPS / WiFi locations.

What setting do you have for Ignore locations with accuracy > on the user device?
    Have a look on the history page and see if there are any locations recorded through the night with a high accuracy that would put you more than 0.5 mi from home.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Paul, clarification in regards to maps; I see that I can input both static and dynamic maps particulars within a) the Configuration>Mapping tab and b) the same within Users / Devices>iPhone device>PHLocation2 tab. My question is what is the difference between the two and how should I use them as I'm assuming that my iPhone is being used in both examples? Mike

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Hello sooty I'm wondering if I have set something up incorrectly. I've noticed that the "Time at Location" device will keep resetting back to 0 at random times. I have had my phone sitting on my night stand (at Home) when sleeping and when I wake up in the morning the "Time at Location" device will show that it's been 8 minutes at that location (Home).

When I set up the Home and Work Known Location I used the full Lat/Lon from the Lat/Lon devices on my phone from the plugin. I have set the iCloud Device (iPhone) - Minimum Distance to Move: 0.5 mi and the Home Known Location Radius to 0.5 mi. I understand that my GPS position will float around a little but a half mile is a big difference. Is there something that you can suggest I change in settings that might help?

Leave a comment:

• usLEDsupply
    replied

After reading the log you PM'd me, I think the issue is a badly formatted tracking url in the EGI app.

There was a small error in the user guide relating to EGI tracking which I've now corrected.

Assuming you're using the MyHS service, in the URL for Tracking enter the following:
    Code:
    https://connected2.homeseer.com/phl2api?dtype=ET&androidid=${androidId}&lat=${realLatitude}&lon=${realLongitude}&acc=${accuracy}&date=${localLocationDate}&phlid=656
    and see if it then works.

Paul..
    That did the trick no errors and the location is updating again:-)

Leave a comment:

• will40
    replied
    Thanks slbuck. I was running an old version of PHL V2. Paul straightened me out. Thanks for the tip on the altitude, I see that now.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbucka
    replied
    Originally posted by will40 View Post
    I changed my PHL V1 backtiude parameters to meet new PHL V2 with new device REF, success code, URL, etc and have successful messages on my device. Unfortunately my devices are not updating and my HS3. log is rejecting the data. I double checked device ID. Am I missing something? Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	PHL v2 BK log.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1281673
    I'm using Backitude and recently made the switch to PHL 2 and it's working great here.

Make sure your server URL is set to "https://connected2.homeseer.com/phl2api?dtype=BK"

I originally missed the updated API name which changed to phl2api and had a similar error that you did.

The following are things I had to change on Backitude under the custom server settings:

1) Server URL to https://connected2.homeseer.com/phl2api?dtype=BK

2) Custom Field 1 - updated with new device id for PHL2 backitude user

3) Clear the altitude field - Backitude was not sending correct data. Make sure you set an API provider in the PHL2 API configuration page for elevation. You can use the free ElevationAPI f you don't have one of the other supported providers.

Leave a comment:

• usLEDsupply
    replied
    first test no error so ill go for a drive and see if it works

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
    i keep getting this error (since updating from .31) i don't think i changed anything else?
    Feb-03 1:47:33 AM PHLocation2 Error (phlapi) GET Error: Invalid accuracy value. Data rejected.
    Feb-03 1:47:33 AM PHLocation2 Error (ProcEgiTrackingData) Data rejected for DeviceId: 656. Invalid accuracy value: -1
    using
    EgiGeoZone
    PH 3.0.0.54
    HS3 .500
    Win 7 64bit
    After reading the log you PM'd me, I think the issue is a badly formatted tracking url in the EGI app.

There was a small error in the user guide relating to EGI tracking which I've now corrected.

Assuming you're using the MyHS service, in the URL for Tracking enter the following:
    Code:
    https://connected2.homeseer.com/phl2api?dtype=ET&androidid=${androidId}&lat=${realLatitude}&lon=${realLongitude}&acc=${accuracy}&date=${localLocationDate}&phlid=656
    and see if it then works.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X