X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spudjr
    replied
    What is a recommended polling time for an Icloud account. Is there a daily limit. Is bandwidth a concern. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    I'm still only seeing the current point as opposed to a series of points. When I was at my office, it just showed me at the office. Now that I'm home it just shows me at home.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 01-18-19 at 02.47 PM.PNG Views:	1 Size:	424.1 KB ID:	1277184

With a simple event I do get a bread crumb trail but unsure why there are so few points. I have BK set at 15 minutes. I assure you it takes longer than 15 minutes to go anywhere in this area. This is a map from a few days ago just before I disabled and removed PHL1.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 01-18-19 at 02.46 PM.PNG Views:	1 Size:	466.9 KB ID:	1277185
    Lastly, here's the crumb trail from PHL1 without any events, just using the Map Viewer. This was probably a 5 minute polling rate.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 01-18-19 at 02.37 PM.PNG Views:	1 Size:	452.8 KB ID:	1277186

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Thanxs Randy for the clarification. The reason I was asking is after review MikeSnook's PHL2 event in post #254 it appeared that he was using GF as iCloud users? Mike

UPDATE:
    [QUOTE=mikesnook;n1276982][/QUOTE}

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Paul, dumb question I noticed that when I use the PHLocation2 Trigger command within a event that when I select "a User" that I only get my iPhone iCloud Device and not my GeoFency Device am I missing something? Mike
    GeoFency and iCloud are unrelated. ICloud devices have users. GeoFency uses HS Devices.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	1277173

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Paul, dumb question I noticed that when I use the PHLocation2 Trigger command within a event that when I select "a User" that I only get my iPhone iCloud Device and not my GeoFency Device am I missing something? Mike

Leave a comment:

• mikesnook
    replied
    Originally posted by sooty View Post

Just had a look through the code and there is an issue with triggering events when known locations overlap.

I'm working on a fix now.

Paul..
    Great thanks Paul.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Thanxs Randy. I'm thinking my problem is related to my older PHL1 events (updated to PHL2) about using EasyTrigger command "This device's value was and becomes" with "Outside" as was and "Inside" as becomes to, instead of the HS3 "Changes and Becomes" command to avoid the retriggering of the event every time there is a polling occurrence.

The tolerances I was referencing are related to using events for triggering using the iPhone values instead of GF if I can't fix hunting condition (work around). mike

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Randy, I noticed that my three GF which are set at;
    1. 100m = 328' - Home Boundary
    2. 200m= 656' - Inner Boundary
    3. 3200m= 2 mile - Outer Boundary
    from my home Lat/Log seem to be triggering randomly with GF 1 and 2 both moving from Inside to Outside to Inside several time within the day and GF 3 moving the same but at a lesser frequently when polled. Is there something I need to do in order to dampen this false alarms? However my iBeacons seem to be working great.

I'm wondering if maybe I should only use my iPhone Virtual Devices such as "iCloud Device SL Dist to Home" or "PHL NearestLocation" instead some tolerance for moving values e.g. 0.02-0.05?
    I don't know what to suggest. It would seem that the GPS on your phone hunts for location. Since all methods rely on the same GPS, I don't know what would work. I use a 100 meter ring and a 1700 meter outer ring and both of them are predictable and reliable. Pull up a history report and see if the accuracy is drifting. mine is always around 10 meters. On the rare occasions the accuracy is lower, GeoFency never reports a fence exit

You may need to condition the reporting by only reporting inside and outside a fence when it is true for more than x minutes. This would reject short duration changes.

I also don't know what you mean by "moving values e.g. 0.02-0.05". If you are referring to the "minimum distance to move" those tolerances are much too tight. That translates to 100-264 feet. I recommend .1 as a minimum and .2 as optimal. That setting has no affect on GeoFency as the radius is set in the app. GeoFency offers a minimum of 100 meters (328 feet).

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Randy, I noticed that my three GF which are set at;
    1. 100m = 328' - Home Boundary
    2. 200m= 656' - Inner Boundary
    3. 3200m= 2 mile - Outer Boundary
    from my home Lat/Log seem to be triggering randomly with GF 1 and 2 both report Inside several time within the day and GF 3 moving the same but at a lesser frequently when polled. Is there something I need to do in order to dampen this false alarms? However my iBeacons seem to be working great.

I'm wondering if maybe I should only use my iPhone Virtual Devices such as "iCloud Device SL Dist to Home" or "PHL NearestLocation" instead some tolerance for moving values e.g. 0.02-0.05?
    Last edited by MNB; January 18, 2019, 12:24 PM. Reason: Correction: Looking at HS Log only see "Inside" event firing

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by mikesnook View Post
    Hi All, thanks Paul (and rprade!) for yet more great work, in PHL1 i had three locations set as the same Lat,Long values but each one had larger radius eg:

1) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 2 miles radius
    2) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 6 miles radius
    3) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 15 miles radius

I would use location 3 the 'outer ring' entry event to turn the heat/AC on and location 1 inner ring to turn on driveway lights.

My question is, is it still possible to have locations that overlap, i have a few events that failed to trigger, but run fine when manually run:

This one was the only event that fired. (2.5 miles from home)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	inner.PNG
Views:	506
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1276983

Failed to run (6 miles from home)

Name:	outer.PNG
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1276984

Failed to run (15 miles from home)

Name:	outer further.PNG
Views:	457
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1276985

PS. my office is 32 miles away so i wasn't already within the 'Outer ring - further' location when i left work.

I am using Tasker to send data to the HS3 web service over a VPN connection which looks to be updating each child device as it should.

Thank you,
    Mike
    Just had a look through the code and there is an issue with triggering events when known locations overlap.

I'm working on a fix now.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Originally posted by slbuck View Post

Wow! Thanks for getting this added so quickly, I've already updated my home Approaching event which will eliminate any incorrect announcements that I'm approaching home.

Great stuff!

Note: I have a check for the time at location = 0 so that I have to be actually moving for HS3 to announce I'm on the way home. Once the direction to home can be edited so that the direction goes to stopped after a couple of minutes, then I'll probably remove the check for "Time at Location" and just rely upon the direction.

Click image for larger version  Name:	phlocation2-event-steve-approaching-new.PNG Views:	1 Size:	38.7 KB ID:	1277026
    Stephen, looking at your event you have a phone field "Phone Home Direction" and "Drive Time to Home" are these a iPhone field or other phone type or something else?

Leave a comment:

• sooty
    replied
    Originally posted by mikesnook View Post
    Hi All, thanks Paul (and rprade!) for yet more great work, in PHL1 i had three locations set as the same Lat,Long values but each one had larger radius eg:

1) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 2 miles radius
    2) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 6 miles radius
    3) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 15 miles radius

I would use location 3 the 'outer ring' entry event to turn the heat/AC on and location 1 inner ring to turn on driveway lights.

My question is, is it still possible to have locations that overlap, i have a few events that failed to trigger, but run fine when manually run:

This one was the only event that fired. (2.5 miles from home)

Name:	inner.PNG
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1276983

Failed to run (6 miles from home)

Name:	outer.PNG
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1276984

Failed to run (15 miles from home)

Name:	outer further.PNG
Views:	457
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1276985

PS. my office is 32 miles away so i wasn't already within the 'Outer ring - further' location when i left work.

I am using Tasker to send data to the HS3 web service over a VPN connection which looks to be updating each child device as it should.

Thank you,
    Mike
    Not tested overlapping known locations myself but I'll look at the code later this evening and see if I can spot any reason why it isn't working.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• Chewbucka
    replied
    Originally posted by sooty View Post
    I've uploaded 3.0.0.43 See release notes topic to download.

This version adds a new (Home Location Direction) child device to position type users which works in a similar way to the Direction device on known places in V1 albeit only for the Home location.
    Wow! Thanks for getting this added so quickly, I've already updated my home Approaching event which will eliminate any incorrect announcements that I'm approaching home.

Great stuff!

Note: I have a check for the time at location = 0 so that I have to be actually moving for HS3 to announce I'm on the way home. Once the direction to home can be edited so that the direction goes to stopped after a couple of minutes, then I'll probably remove the check for "Time at Location" and just rely upon the direction.

Name:	phlocation2-event-steve-approaching-new.PNG
Views:	144
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1277026

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I think it was called a “Consumer Key”. It is the free one with 15,000 calls per month.

https://developer.mapquest.com/plans
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mikesnook
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post

I was just investigating this same issue. Is Mike PHL2 an iCloud based service? It's working for me, but not my wife and kids. They are iCloud only at this point, where I use iCloud, Geofency and IFTTT locations to trigger events. I had created some events for me that are iCloud only to see if I could duplicate the issue. I still need to get out of the house to test it, but that likely won't be till tomorrow.
    Hi sparkman, na its not an iCloud based service, its the application Tasker setup on my android device, its just posts something similar to this string every few minutes if the lat/long variables have changed since the last post:

Type=TP&PHLID=REFID&loc=%LOC&acc=%LOCACC&tim=%TIME&spd=%LOCS PD&bat=%BATT

to this URL : https//homeseer.mydomain.com/phl2api?dtype=cd

The above was taken from the PHL1 documentation, variables above are created dynamically by the Tasker App.

Everything has been working for 1 year + in PHL1, seems like there maybe an issue in this PHL2 beta, i'm still using PHL1 in parallel whilst testing so its not a big deal, just wondering if i was doing something that will no longer be supported or if its something that needs to be looked into.

Thanks,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X