X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by mikesnook View Post
    Hi All, thanks Paul (and rprade!) for yet more great work, in PHL1 i had three locations set as the same Lat,Long values but each one had larger radius eg:

1) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 2 miles radius
    2) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 6 miles radius
    3) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 15 miles radius

I would use location 3 the 'outer ring' entry event to turn the heat/AC on and location 1 inner ring to turn on driveway lights.

My question is, is it still possible to have locations that overlap, i have a few events that failed to trigger, but run fine when manually run:

PS. my office is 32 miles away so i wasn't already within the 'Outer ring - further' location when i left work.

I am using Tasker to send data to the HS3 web service over a VPN connection which looks to be updating each child device as it should.

Thank you,
    Mike
    I was just investigating this same issue. Is Mike PHL2 an iCloud based service? It's working for me, but not my wife and kids. They are iCloud only at this point, where I use iCloud, Geofency and IFTTT locations to trigger events. I had created some events for me that are iCloud only to see if I could duplicate the issue. I still need to get out of the house to test it, but that likely won't be till tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• mikesnook
    replied
    Hi All, thanks Paul (and rprade!) for yet more great work, in PHL1 i had three locations set as the same Lat,Long values but each one had larger radius eg:

1) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 2 miles radius
    2) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 6 miles radius
    3) 39.469000, -76.960000 - 15 miles radius

I would use location 3 the 'outer ring' entry event to turn the heat/AC on and location 1 inner ring to turn on driveway lights.

My question is, is it still possible to have locations that overlap, i have a few events that failed to trigger, but run fine when manually run:

This one was the only event that fired. (2.5 miles from home)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	inner.PNG
Views:	503
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1276983

Failed to run (6 miles from home)

Name:	outer.PNG
Views:	503
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1276984

Failed to run (15 miles from home)

Name:	outer further.PNG
Views:	454
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1276985

PS. my office is 32 miles away so i wasn't already within the 'Outer ring - further' location when i left work.

I am using Tasker to send data to the HS3 web service over a VPN connection which looks to be updating each child device as it should.

Thank you,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Got it. It might have been the "Record to Database". If I have an issue you'll be the second one to know.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by racerfern View Post

Not to argue but I used to always click on PHL1 > Maps. select a user and I would get a bread crumb trail. Clickable like now, but not nearly as fancy. I'm not sure if that would be called a "history map" or something else. But I could go back a few days, set a date and hours and see just those points.

This is where I used to do it in PHL1 and when I try in PHL2 I only get the current spot as opposed to history.
    I am confused.

I will try creating an event and see what happens.
    It is still a history map in PHL2. On the Map Viewer You can choose a user, an End Date and duration

Click image for larger version  Name:	PHL34.PNG Views:	1 Size:	12.3 KB ID:	1276968

Do all that and select History

Click image for larger version  Name:	PHL35.PNG Views:	1 Size:	314.6 KB ID:	1276970
    In order to have history tracked, the positions must be logged to database

Name:	PHL36.png
Views:	377
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1276971

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    PHL1 does not automatically create a history map.
    Not to argue but I used to always click on PHL1 > Maps. select a user and I would get a bread crumb trail. Clickable like now, but not nearly as fancy. I'm not sure if that would be called a "history map" or something else. But I could go back a few days, set a date and hours and see just those points.

On the map viewer you can generate a history map or All Users map.
    This is where I used to do it in PHL1 and when I try in PHL2 I only get the current spot as opposed to history.
    I am confused.

I will try creating an event and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X