This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic poll intervall?
    What I really lack is some way change the speed of updating.
    Ie. if the phone on followmee is above 100 km. away - only update every 10 min. If it is less than 1 km. update every 2 sec.
    I there anyway this can be done?

Best,
    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

I'm just starting with the PI so sorry if I've missed something obvious already in it - but I want to use Geofency to disarm my alarm - and I want to prevent false events when a tracked device is on the edge of a geofence - walking the dog for example.

HSBuddy does this with margins, which sounds like a good idea and I think would deliver what I need. Sadly that app isn't very reliable or well supported so I'm looking at PHLocation instead. I'm also wondering if this is possible with events based on 'this device is x for at least x' - so I could create an event for disarming that essentially says 'if the alarm is armed and this geofence device becomes Inside for at least 30 seconds....' - is that how people do this today?

HSBuddy does this;

The HSBuddy plug-in lets you set a Margin around your geofence which will help correct this problem by adding a buffer around your geofence. To go into a geofence, a device must be within the Radius of the geofence. To go out of a geofence, a device must be outside the Margin.
      The Margin will display in the map as a round area beyond the Radius of the fence, with a lighter background color.

Comment

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
        I'm just starting with the PI so sorry if I've missed something obvious already in it - but I want to use Geofency to disarm my alarm - and I want to prevent false events when a tracked device is on the edge of a geofence - walking the dog for example.

HSBuddy does this with margins, which sounds like a good idea and I think would deliver what I need. Sadly that app isn't very reliable or well supported so I'm looking at PHLocation instead. I'm also wondering if this is possible with events based on 'this device is x for at least x' - so I could create an event for disarming that essentially says 'if the alarm is armed and this geofence device becomes Inside for at least 30 seconds....' - is that how people do this today?

HSBuddy does this;

The HSBuddy plug-in lets you set a Margin around your geofence which will help correct this problem by adding a buffer around your geofence. To go into a geofence, a device must be within the Radius of the geofence. To go out of a geofence, a device must be outside the Margin.
        The Margin will display in the map as a round area beyond the Radius of the fence, with a lighter background color.
        I use Geofency and I don’t have any issues with false alarms on the boundary of a fence, but I don’t walk a dog🙂
        However, you can set more than one fence at the same location with different radii which should enable you to work round your issue.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

I use Geofency and I don’t have any issues with false alarms on the boundary of a fence, but I don’t walk a dog🙂
          However, you can set more than one fence at the same location with different radii which should enable you to work round your issue.

Steve
          Hey Steve, thanks for the reply - and that's a great idea. Same result isn't it. Logic could simply be tied to both being exited before the alarm can then be disabled using the Geofence.

Plus it means the dog has to get walked further, so it's a win all round.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
            Dynamic poll intervall?
            Ie. if the phone on followmee is above 100 km. away - only update every 10 min. If it is less than 1 km. update every 2 sec.
            +1 for dynamic poll intervall

---
            John

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
              Dynamic poll intervall?
              I do this with Events. The problem is that if you are polling at 10 minutes when 2km away, it is unlikely that it will poll again when less than 1km. The only way the PI can know the distance is by polling. Here is what I do using GeoFency and iCloud. I don't remember if FollowMee allows for changing the polling frequency, I haven't used it in several years, but I think it does. I use iCloud and GeoFency because GeoFency provides near instantaneous fence entry/exit reports.
              • Using GeoFency
                • I increase the polling interval to 1 minute and poll the account when leaving home or work
                • Increase the polling interval to 5 minutes after an hour
                • Decrease the polling interval to 45 minutes when at home or work
                • Poll on entry/exit of home or work
              • Using iCloud
                • Decrease the polling interval to 10 minutes when more than 25 miles from home
                • Increase the polling interval to 5 minutes if less than 25 miles and greater than 5 miles from home, if polling is greater than 5 minutes
                • Increase the polling interval to 1 minute if less than 5 miles from home, but not at home
                • Decrease the polling interval to 10 minutes if the battery is less than 40%
                • Decrease the polling interval to 15 minutes if the battery is less than 30%
                • Decrease the polling interval to 30 minutes and send FMIP alert if the battery is less than 20%

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
              X