PHL2 - Find my iPhone feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PHL2 - Find my iPhone feature?

So happy to see PH2 - Did the find my iPhone feature make it? I looked at events and control and didn't see that. When I asked a year or so ago it was part of PH2 and was planned to be in... Thanks!

Originally posted by rileydogmi View Post
    So happy to see PH2 - Did the find my iPhone feature make it? I looked at events and control and didn't see that. When I asked a year or so ago it was part of PH2 and was planned to be in... Thanks!
    Paul still has it on the list. Right now he is working in a few issues that came up as well as the documentation.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

WouLd be awesome . This is the only reason I use Jeedom.

sooty
      Thank again

Comment

Originally posted by rileydogmi View Post
        I assume you mean the ability to send a message and / or sound to an iDevice?

If so, then it will be added very soon.

Paul..

Comment

I can't wait.
          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I've added the ability to send a Find My iPhone alert message from an event action.

I've not put out a general update because there were a lot of changes to event actions to support this feature and there could be issues for users who already have iDevice type users configured within the plug-in.

I've tested it here and it all appears to work as expected but there may well be something I missed and I don't want to screw things up for those that have already installed V2.

Randy will test but I would be much happier if another couple of experienced users would test this version before making a general release.

If you feel brave enough (and have a good HS3 backup / restore plan in place) then drop me an email.

Paul..

Click image for larger version

Name:	FMIP_Alert_EventAction.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1276873

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
              I've added the ability to send a Find My iPhone alert message from an event action.

I've not put out a general update because there were a lot of changes to event actions to support this feature and there could be issues for users who already have iDevice type users configured within the plug-in.

I've tested it here and it all appears to work as expected but there may well be something I missed and I don't want to screw things up for those that have already installed V2.

Randy will test but I would be much happier if another couple of experienced users would test this version before making a general release.

If you feel brave enough (and have a good HS3 backup / restore plan in place) then drop me an email.

Paul..

A quick initial test shows that it is working and other existing actions are unharmed. I also received an email each time that the message was sent. I have not dug into configuration to see if the email can be suppressed. I think it is safe for others to test.

Name:	PHL30.PNG
Views:	128
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1276903

Name:	PHL31.png
Views:	108
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1276904

Name:	PHL33.PNG
Views:	244
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1276905
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                A quick initial test shows that it is working and other existing actions are unharmed. I also received an email each time that the message was sent. I have not dug into configuration to see if the email can be suppressed. I think it is safe for others to test.
                I have tested as well and my experience mirrors yours.
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks Al / Randy. I've uploaded version 3.0.0.43 in the release notes post.

The FMIP alerts was the thing I was worried about because I had to make a lot of changes to the event actions part of the plug-in and also cater for those users who already had iDevices configured so they didn't have to delete them.

Paul..

Comment

I can confirm it is working .

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                      Thanks Al / Randy. I've uploaded version 3.0.0.43 in the release notes post.

The FMIP alerts was the thing I was worried about because I had to make a lot of changes to the event actions part of the plug-in and also cater for those users who already had iDevices configured so they didn't have to delete them.

Paul..
                      Thanks Paul! One minor thing with the FMIP event action, the action parameters do not copy if copying an event with an FMIP action.
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Thanks Paul! One minor thing with the FMIP event action, the action parameters do not copy if copying an event with an FMIP action.
                        Thanks, I did notice that when I was testing then forgot to address it. Added to the todo list.

Paul..

Comment

First Request:

I just found the FMIP feature and started playing with it, great feature BTW. I did find something missing that I think should be added. You can't use replacement variables in the message.

Example I put this in the text field, "Test Message John's Location is: $$DSR:485:" and I expected to see "Test Message John's Location is: Home". FYI 485 is my John's Current Location device.

If I use that exact same string in a Pushover message I do see "Test Message John's Location is: Home".

Hopefully this is a simple change to make as I suspect there is a translation routing that expands the text.

I'll likely keep using Pushover for most messages but there are times where I would want to use FMIP over Pushover.

Second request:

When creating a location for say Geofency could you prepend the root status name to the location name and set the Floor and Room to match?

Example if my root device name is "John's_Geofency" and the Floor and Room are "Places" and "John" and a new location is created called "Home_Depot" then name the new location "John's_Geofency_Home_Depot" with a Floor of "Places" and a Room of "John". These will make it easier to find in a device list.
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                          Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                          3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                          4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                          3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                          SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Working...
                          X