Pulling Interval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling Interval

Is there anyway to change the pull interval to default at 1 minute.

Having it set to 5 minutes delays turning on my porch light and other devices when arriving home

If I understand the question, you set that in the app you're running on the mobile device. I have mine set to 2 minutes using egigeozone on android. In that app it is under Settings then Location Tracking.

Edit: the lower the settings, the more battery it will use
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

This is for the icloud intergration.

Comment

For triggering events, geofences work much better than polling for locations. GeoFency on the iPhone works great for that.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Good to know. I wonder why HomeKit works so well with geofencing?

As you can tell, I'm transitioning from HomeKit...

How does GeoFency work. You install the app, but how does HomeSeer communicate with it? PHLocation2 still??

Comment

Yes, with Ph2. The app sends info to the plugin through HomeSeer's webserver when you cross geofence lines.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I'm a bit confused. The only options I see for your phone are "iCloud", "FollowMe", and "Life360"

Comment

Nevermind, I found it. Looking at the guide now. So I can technically delete the entire icloud intergration then?

Comment

No you still want the iCloud for other parameters such as; distant to, location, Lat/Log ect..
                  Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                  Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                  HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post
                    Nevermind, I found it. Looking at the guide now. So I can technically delete the entire icloud intergration then?
                    If you use Geofency with PHL2 you don’t have to setup an iCloud account. Your original question was how to change the polling rate, you should read the post by rprade called PHLocation Ideas, he goes over events that he uses that change the polling rate based on leaving/entering geofences. He uses a combination of both the iCloud account and Geofency app which works really well for what you are trying to accomplish.

Edit - If you just want to keep things simple, add the Geofency app to each phone that you want to use and just use the enter/exit of the geofence. Then you can trigger events based on if one or both phones are in/out of the fence. The setup that Randy uses can be a bit advanced for some until you get a little more experience under your belt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                    Plugin's:
                    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Good to know. I wonder why HomeKit works so well with geofencing?

As you can tell, I'm transitioning from HomeKit...

How does GeoFency work. You install the app, but how does HomeSeer communicate with it? PHLocation2 still??
                      Since HomeKit is Apple, they leverage the phones GPS and location services much better than 3rd party apps. That said, PHL works very well. iCloud position coupled with GeoFency for instant fence reporting, is a powerful combination.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I was able to change the poll interval to 1 minute. This seems to work better. Instant would be much better!

However, I see the app cost money?

Comment

Like 5-6 $

Comment

I was able to change the poll interval to 1 minute. This seems to work better. Instant would be much better!

However, I see the app cost money?
                            I’m not sure if you plan to leave the polling rate at 1 minute or not but you know that if you leave it at that rate it will affect how long your phone battery will last, correct? That’s the reason why I suggested using events like those that rprade posted. The app doesn’t cost much and is a one time fee. If you and your family are all on the same “Family Account” then you can all install it for the price of a single license.

Just didn’t want you to find out the hard way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                            Plugin's:
                            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                            X