Something Blocking iCloud Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something Blocking iCloud Account

I have recently installed PHLocation 2 and was able to successfully get my Geofency working, however I have been fighting getting the iCloud set up.

I have configured the account and Password and I keep getting the warning:
    PHLocation2 Error (idmsaAuthenticate) Missing result data for Ref:683
    where 683 is my root iCloud Device.

Info:
    I recently moved my Homeseer 3 from a W7 Desktop to a dedicated W10 NUC so I can't promise it worked on the original PHLocation with this new computer.
    I am running version 3.0.0.63 of PhLocation 2
    I have at least 4.7 of .net framework installed
    I have used Microsoft Edge (Web Browser) on that same computer to log into my iCloud account and looked for a setting to allow 3rd party devices but could not find one.

I found the thread
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/te...20#post1275420

But that was fixed just by logging on and changing security settings. I was never given the option to change any settings just by logging on.

I have considered installing Chrome on there and trying to log on with it, but at this point I am pretty sure I just have a setting wrong.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thank You,
    Chris

Are you using 2FA on your phones (required)?
    Have you tried to verify the account with 2FA enabled?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I went into Password and security under settings on my phone. Two-Factor Authentication is On.

I am a little slow, how do I verify the account?

When I logged onto the iCloud website with the browser on my Homeseer computer; it popped the message up on my phone with 6 digit code. I can see both my phone and computer on the iCloud website.

FWIW. When I enter my AppleID and Password on the Phlocatioon 2 Tab of my ICloud device; as soon as I hit the enter key I get a red message at the top of the page saying "Request Failed. Check Log for Details". That is what led me to the log message above. I get the same message (and error in the log) when I press the request code button.

Comment

I worked on it again last night with no success.

I checked debug logging to file under the general tab and not only tried to request code but also re-entered my Apple ID and Password and the only thing that repeats in the log is:

2019-03-08 09:01:39.278 PollCheck Polling Check starts.
        2019-03-08 09:01:39.282 PollCheck There are NO active Life360 accounts.
        2019-03-08 09:01:39.285 PollCheck There are 1 active iCloud accounts.
        2019-03-08 09:01:39.289 PollCheck There are NO active FollowMee accounts.
        2019-03-08 09:01:39.292 PollCheck Polling Check complete.

I am grasping at straws so I installed Chrome browser (what I was using on the previous computer) and logged onto my iCloud account through that and was successful. I also used Chrome to open the HS3 interface and request code that way but got the same error. I tried to go through all the iCloud help files about trouble logging on and nothing seemed to help me.

Currently I only have my phone using Geofency on PHLocation 2. My wife is still on the original PhLocation till I get the new one working. I can uninstall PHL 2 and reinstall if you think that will help. It is not my preference but I could also uninstall Both PHLocations and then just try to install PHL2 (but not really looking forward to fixing all the events)

Comment

Originally posted by Grundcm View Post
          I went into Password and security under settings on my phone. Two-Factor Authentication is On.

I am a little slow, how do I verify the account?\
          As described in the manual here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1291124

"Adding an iCloud account for the first time

Enter your Apple ID and password in the boxes provided, set the account to enabled then click Save Changes.
          Re-Open the root device for editing and you will see some buttons that allow you to request and submit a verification code.
          If verification is successful a green message will be displayed prompting you to Save Changes.
          Verification is a one-time process and should not need to be redone.
          "

The last sentence was true when Paul wrote the manual but Apple broke it a couple of months ago. Now thwe cookies only last about 30 days then must be re-verified. Paul hopes to find a fix.

Comment

I never get far enough to verify the account. As soon as I enter the AppleID and Password I get the error. When I request the Code I also get the error and I never get the message on my phone or computer that I am trying to log in so I never receive the 6 digit code. I have reset the iCloud account under the original PHLocation, then I have deleted the iCloud account and recreated another one in PHL 2 and get the same error.

I did find this in my startup log:
            3/9/2019 9:43:53 PM ~!~PHLocation Error~!~(StartiCloud) Start service error for index : 0 - System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' at i.d..ctor(a A_0) at q.g()WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

This appears to be for PhLocation 1 (not 2) but will try to check into this next.

Comment

Your error may be because a plug-in has installed Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the HomeSeer root directory. If you find one there, it should be renamed or removed. There are many different versions of that library that are specific to each plug-in. If one is in the root, it will be used instead of the one supplied with a particular plug-in.

Comment

Worked on this some more today:
                I looked in the HS3 directory and there is no Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the main directory. There are many copies in the sub directories of the individual plug-ins.

I did a search and there is a Newtonsoft.Json in the C:/ Directory. I reamed this file and rebooted the computer and still had the same error.

The only other Newtonsoft.Json.dll is in the directory: C:\Windows\WinSxS\msil_hyperv-ux-ui-newtonsoftjson_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.17763.1_none_2fd620f084 dcc215
                It would not let me edit this filename easily and I honestly did not try very hard to edit it after it told me I couldn't. I did notice the publicKeyToken is different than the one listed int he error log above (that I x'ed out in the earlier post)

So I just shutdown HS3 on the Windows 10 Computer and reopened my existing HS3 on the old Windows 7 computer and installed PHlocation 2.
                I was immediately able to create my iCloud account, Request the code, submit the code and verify the account.

Therefore It has to be a problem with something on the Windows 10 Computer.

Following the error log I posted above: I did try to check the registry and I was able to dig down as far as [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion but the EnableLog did not exist and I had quite a few options but the next two subdirectories were "GACChange notification" and "Publisher Policy"

Hoping someone else has had this problem and can kick me in the right direction.

The Computer is running:
                Windows 10 Pro
                Version 1809
                OS Build 17763.315

I have only installed HS3, HS3 Touch Designer, Blueiris (but not running on this computer yet) and Teamviewer.

Comment

Working on this some more:

I uninstalled PHLocation 2, deleted all the devices, and deleted everything related to PHLocation 2 from the HS3 directory and subdirectories. I had to reboot the machine multiple times, deleting the devices that came back and checking the directory for PHLocation2 Files (I either missed one, or it came back). It took a couple reboots (I was rebooting the entire machine instead of just HS3). When it appeared everything was finally removed I reinstalled PHLocation2.

I have only set up my iCloud account, but I was able to enable it with the 2FA. I also set up my Phone and although I have a bit more setup to do to get it mapping, it appears to be working correctly. I will chalk it up to a bad install, so if anyone else has any problems, this is probably the first place to start.

Lastly, I still have that error message in my startup log, so I guess that is related to the original PHL 1. Once I get everything changed over and remove it, if it does not disappear I will follow up.

Thanks for your help Randy!

SO: Fixed by reinstalling.

Comment

Working...
                  X