Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geofency was working, now it's not - Solved

Hello,
    I have been using Geofency for some time and it has been working fine. My wife has some issues with her phone which required us to exchange her phone and in the process of testing to make sure her phone was working with Geofency again, I've managed to screw up both phones.

In order to test the webhooks in my wifes phone, I had to reenter the login information. When consulting with an app that I have to save all my passwords, I found out that the information was old and not correct. So I logged into the MyHS remote management page and edited the Geofency user and password. I then tested it by putting in the webhook link into a web browser, saw a popup for username and password, entered the password and received a success message. I then went into the app on her phone, checked the webhooks and updated the login credentials with the new ones that I created in MyHS. I clicked on the test Enter and test Exit buttons and received a Success message on her phone. However, the device in HS is not updating with each press of the test enter or exit.

Of course, because I updated the password in MyHS, I had to update the password in the Geofency app on my phone, now my phone no longer works either. I'm not seeing any errors in the HS log so I don't know how to further troubleshoot this issue.

Being that we use this for several events, I would really appreciate any help you can provide.

If you happen to be available as well that would be appreciated as well. Thank you everyone!

Edit - Seems like I managed to stumble on the solution. I had to delete the HS user in my Homeseer system under Tools>Setup>Network Tab and recreate it in order to get it to work again. Not sure why. I had updated the password field with the new one so it just doesn't make sense.
    Hope this helps someone else.
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave
Working...
X