Custom Position Parameter Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Position Parameter Request

Could we get an extra parameter added for the Custom Position API to force an update? From debugging it *seems* that if my location hasn't changed by 0.5 miles that it won't update the database with my new location. Here is my issue:

If I'm at home I am bouncing between cell towers. Sometimes it shows me at home, then it shows I'm 2 miles away, then it shows I'm back.

So, I use the Automate app to sense when I connect to my home's WiFi it turns off my GPS and sends a custom location that is dead center of my house. When I disconnect from my home's WiFi the Automate app turns back on my GPS. This part works great *unless* my phone had sent a GPS position close to the geozone of my house right before I get into it. If it's too near the custom position WON'T update the homeseer database. If I turn on the forced updates global setting it works for a while until your system automatically turns off forced updates.

So, I'd really love to have a Custom Position parameter that tells your API to force the update for that specific position if that parameter is set.

Thanks.
Working...
X