Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHLocation status

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PHLocation status

    I thought I would start a new thread. I finally was able to get in touch with Paul. He gave me a lot of details which I am not comfortable sharing, but here is the condensed version.

    His work and living arrangements have been in a state of flux, such that he has had no time to spend on the plug-in or anything else to do with HA. Because his living arrangements have changed, he lost the automated registration server - that is why registration is no longer working. To quote from his email:
    Originally posted by sooty
    Currently I don't have the time to do any work on plug-ins but this should change in the next month or so.
    As you know I made registration automated and this was done online connecting to a server hosted at home. This was taken down when we moved hence folks not being able to register.

    It's not practical for me to host anything from where we're currently living so what I'll do over the next few days is upload new plug-in versions that don't need registration as a stop gap whilst deciding where to go long-term.
    So... Paul wanted me to extend his sincere apologies for his absence, sometimes life just throws one a curve ball. I will keep the forum updated with any new information and will post when a new version is uploaded.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

    PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

  • #2
    Thank you for the update
    HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey Randy, thank you for reaching out to Paul and getting an update. Wishing Paul the best and that things turn around for the better soon.

      Is the registration issue that he mentions for new users of the plugin? Everything seems to be working as usual with the plugin here.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 887 Devices, 515 Events
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Profit View Post
        Hey Randy, thank you for reaching out to Paul and getting an update. Wishing Paul the best and that things turn around for the better soon.

        Is the registration issue that he mentions for new users of the plugin? Everything seems to be working as usual with the plugin here.


        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Yes, it is only for new users. Once you were registered, it is persistent. The only reason he used a registration mechanism was to keep track of how many people are using the plug-in. Mine has been working perfectly for years, except for the one PITA of requiring re-authorization for iCloud accounts about every 30 days to keep it working. Paul was not able to find a way around that before he tackled him new agriculture endeavor which has left him little time for working on the plug-in. He had the cookies persistent for a while, until Apple changed things to break it. For me the Apple integration is very cool, but we honestly rely much more on GeoFency for automation. The iCloud integration gives us some really fun mapping features that family members use, so the annoyance of renewing the authorization is worth it, but not necessary for HA purposes.

        Only time will tell, but I get the sense that Paul is still wanting to get back to PHL development, it is just that 1) his new agribusiness venture has demanded far more of his time than he would have imagined and 2) he is currently not using automation at all due to changes in his housing circumstances.

        With regard to things turning around for the better, I think his absence from the forum is a result of things changing for the better. He is doing what he really wanted to be doing and the housing changes are of his family’s choosing. They have a plan and the changes are all in pursuit of that plan. None of it is bad, just some of it is happening faster than he planned. As I initially wrote above, I understand most of the circumstances, but will leave it to Paul to share details if he desires. I am a little envious of what he is doing and planning with regard to work and housing and it is all good. He is at a point in his life where he can chase a dream.

        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

        PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Yes, it is only for new users. Once you were registered, it is persistent. The only reason he used a registration mechanism was to keep track of how many people are using the plug-in. Mine has been working perfectly for years, except for the one PITA of requiring re-authorization for iCloud accounts about every 30 days to keep it working. Paul was not able to find a way around that before he tackled him new agriculture endeavor which has left him little time for working on the plug-in. He had the cookies persistent for a while, until Apple changed things to break it. For me the Apple integration is very cool, but we honestly rely much more on GeoFency for automation. The iCloud integration gives us some really fun mapping features that family members use, so the annoyance of renewing the authorization is worth it, but not necessary for HA purposes.

          Only time will tell, but I get the sense that Paul is still wanting to get back to PHL development, it is just that 1) his new agribusiness venture has demanded far more of his time than he would have imagined and 2) he is currently not using automation at all due to changes in his housing circumstances.

          With regard to things turning around for the better, I think his absence from the forum is a result of things changing for the better. He is doing what he really wanted to be doing and the housing changes are of his family’s choosing. They have a plan and the changes are all in pursuit of that plan. None of it is bad, just some of it is happening faster than he planned. As I initially wrote above, I understand most of the circumstances, but will leave it to Paul to share details if he desires. I am a little envious of what he is doing and planning with regard to work and housing and it is all good. He is at a point in his life where he can chase a dream.
          I misinterpreted your original post, my bad! I’m glad to hear things are going great for him! Sounds exciting but challenging.....

          I agree, Geofency is the most critical feature for our automation as well and that has been working fine. I had a couple of problems that I think were related to load balancing issues of MyHS servers. A few Geofency triggers from the app never made their way back to my HS machine and my events didn’t work as expected when my wife arrived home. She hasn’t had to use a light switch for quite awhile and had to think about where it was in the dark! Oooohh those first world problems....


          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 887 Devices, 515 Events
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

          Comment


          • #6
            From Paul;

            Originally posted by sooty
            I have now uploaded new versions of plugins that don’t need registration.

            If users have already installed and run out of trial period then they will need to delete the plugin’s ini file and then run the new version.
            The new version is 3.0.0.64. You can see the post with version information here, or download the new version here.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

            PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

            Comment


            • #7
              Many thanks Randy for helping to get this sorted.

              Comment


              • #8
                Randy - Thanks for this update on Paul. It is always great to hear folks are following dreams and succeeding in the pursuit of them. I am going to assume if my plugin works there is no reason to download and install this new version.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by harvito View Post
                  Randy - Thanks for this update on Paul. It is always great to hear folks are following dreams and succeeding in the pursuit of them. I am going to assume if my plugin works there is no reason to download and install this new version.
                  Yes, don’t mess with it if it is working. Mine is just fine and has been for a couple of years.

                  Randy Prade
                  Aurora, CO
                  Prades.net

                  PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    From Paul;



                    The new version is 3.0.0.64. You can see the post with version information here, or download the new version here.
                    Hi Randy,

                    Thanks for your help with this. I was wondering if Paul did the same thing for the Evhome plug-in?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Dumb question.. I updated to the latest without issue, it seems like my iPhone (iCloud Service) is updating but my GeoFency devices doesn't seem to work. I'm using GeoFency app and attempting to use Webhook to trigger either my Entry/Exit with the following URL Settings (https://connected2.homeseer.com/phl2api?dtype=GF) to no avail in fact I get an error message on GeoFency app "Failed - You do not have permission to view this directory or page"

                      To complicate this my iPhone was replace a few weeks ago (expanding battery) and me thinks that the GeoFency Device Id might be the culprit as I now have a new phone. It that's the case, can someone refresh my memory as to how one might re-secure the proper Device ID, thanxs in advance Mike
                      Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                      Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                      HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

                      Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Never mind, I noticed that my GeoFency app wasn't completely populated, it was missing my Username and associated Password. Depressing either Entry/Exit provides the correct response (Successful ["cTime","12/15/2019 3:19:19 PM"]) and when looking in my HS log I see the new device ID. Mike
                        Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                        Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                        HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

                        Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          David, thanxs for comeback.. I can be slow at times especially with all of the moving parts associated with PHLocation2.. and to your deleted comment yes! Mike
                          Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                          Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                          HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

                          Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Glad you got it working!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X