Error with Distance API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error with Distance API

So, i'm new to PHLocation, and so far i'm loving it. Started seeing these errors the other day and can't figure out what i've done wrong.
    Dec-12 12:14:33 PM PHLocation2 Error (ProcKnownLocations) Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Dec-12 12:14:33 PM PHLocation2 Warning (ProcKnownLocations) DT Primary distance lookup failed and alternative provider is not set!
    Dec-12 12:14:33 PM PHLocation2 Error (GetDistanceG) Error: Non numeric duration value of []
    Dec-12 12:14:33 PM PHLocation2 Warning (ProcKnownLocations) DT Primary distance lookup failed and alternative provider is not set!
    Dec-12 12:14:33 PM PHLocation2 Error (GetDistanceG) Error: Non numeric duration value of []
    Dec-12 12:14:33 PM PHLocation2 Error (BuildKnownLocStatusList) Error. Invalid home location coordinates!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Under Configuration>APIs you need to enter keys and choose services.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	0 Size:	35.9 KB ID:	1346253

This is outlined in the manual here.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hi , I have API Keys for everything and have tried different combinations of preferences to get it to work. For some reason it doesn't seem to like my home location settings.
      Dec-12 1:28:23 PM PHLocation2 Error (BuildKnownLocStatusList) Error. Invalid home location coordinates!
      Not exactly sure why. I have tried a preset location from the setup tab and a custom location as well.

Also, i'm specifically looking at the devices "Drive Distance to Home" and "SL Dist to Home".
      Last edited by techguy76; December 12, 2019, 02:44 PM. Reason: a little clarification

Comment

Figured it out. I guess either i missed it or it wasn't clear in the user manual, but i had not setup my home location under PHLocation's Known Locations. It had a default value and that what was causing my errors. However, after a couple of polls, it's still not showing the distances to home. Maybe that's not something that's completed yet or still something I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by techguy76 View Post
          Figured it out. I guess either i missed it or it wasn't clear in the user manual, but i had not setup my home location under PHLocation's Known Locations. It had a default value and that what was causing my errors. However, after a couple of polls, it's still not showing the distances to home. Maybe that's not something that's completed yet or still something I'm doing wrong.
          PHLocation will only update position devices after they have moved the minimum distance. There is a checkbox on the Other tab “Force update of position devices”. If you select that, then poll the account, it will force an update.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X