Does Life360 create fence devices ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Life360 create fence devices ?

I am trying Life360 as a location provider. It has not created fence deives like egigeozone does. Should it create those ? All I can see is the Life360 Device nearest location. When at home it shows home, at work it shows work. So far so good. But this is not a value, its just a string value. And I am not sure how I could use that as I guess it will show the distance in brackets, but then its not a value I could use in a event ?

Attached Files

The current location device (status: Multiple Locations in your screenshot) is set to a value corresponding to Known Locations set up in the PHLocation2 configuration. That value can be used to trigger events. But I'm not sure how you would handle overlapping Known Locations, in which case the value of that device is set to -1. I don't have overlapping known locations so haven't tried to deal with that situation. I suspect others have, though, and hopefully someone will chime in.
    -Wade

Comment

One other consideration: PHLocation2 will automatically configure Known Locations for any Places you have defined in Life360. So if you have Home defined in Life360, the PHLoc2 current location device will be set to Multiple Locations when at home because there's the Life360 and PHLoc2 Home locations that overlap. I've disabled the auto-created Life360 known locations and use only the ones I've created in PHLoc2 to prevent the overlap. Another option would be to remove all Places in the Life360 app.
      -Wade

Comment

Ok now it makes more sense. I had 2 home locations in known locations and 2 work locations. The life360 home had the wrong coordinates hence the wrong distance. I have deleted the life360 locations in known places. Will they be automatically recreated or only if I trigger create locations ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
          I have deleted the life360 locations in known places. Will they be automatically recreated or only if I trigger create locations ?
          I don't know, so I guess you'll have to experiment. If they're recreated just uncheck the Enabled box in the config and they'll be ignored.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	178
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1351287
          -Wade

Comment

Working...
          X