Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happnatious1
    replied
    Just curious if the developer has considered open sourcing it on git-hub so multiple developers can contribute?

Leave a comment:

• rotunnoe
    replied
    I'm just curious if PHLocation2 does indeed fully work with HS4. Specifically with GeoFency. I know when i tried the HS4 beta a few months ago it wasn't working.

Leave a comment:

• harvito
    replied
    - Not seeing the zip file you said you had attached - I just went to HS4 and was really bummed when I thought I could not install PHlocation.

EDIT: All working Thanks !!

Leave a comment:

• Bigstevep
    replied
    Great news if it works out, awesome plugin.. Thanks to Paul. Hope all is well!

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by jlrichar View Post

Randy,

Have you asked spud if he could make this an official homeseer supported plugin?

Lack of geofencing and location awareness is a major gap in homeseer compared to competitors. Spud taking this and making it a fully supported homeseer plugin would close that gap overnight. Plus I personally think Spud would be a great person to carry on what snevl started and Paul built on.

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Paul has agreed to gather everything together and send it to me. He wants me to find a dev that will take it over with the same focus as he did. Once Paul gets the source code packaged for me, I’ll speak to developers. He was going to try to get it to me by the end of last year, but he didn’t have the time. Hopefully I will have it soon.

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    It is still fully functional and the developer is working with me to see if we can find someone to take over the development.
    Randy,

Have you asked spud if he could make this an official homeseer supported plugin?

Lack of geofencing and location awareness is a major gap in homeseer compared to competitors. Spud taking this and making it a fully supported homeseer plugin would close that gap overnight. Plus I personally think Spud would be a great person to carry on what snevl started and Paul built on.

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
    Randy you can also install Jon00 links which allow you to run the Legacy HS3 Plugin Management and you could use the HS3 updater from there I believe. I installed another HS3 plugin (can't remember which one) from there and it worked just fine. You can also see your HS4 plugins there, start stop etc. Just a thought.
    I forgot about that. Just tested and that works as well. You can download the PHLocation package, place updater_override.txt in the HomeSeer root, place PHLocation3.0.0.64.zip in Updates3/Zips and it installs just fine.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    OK, here you go. This is not for the faint of heart but i did just test it. I have attached a zip file to this post. It contains all the files needed for PHL2 to run under HS3. Inside the zip is a folder HomeSeer HS4. Under that folder are two files and two directories. Copy all of that to your HomeSeer root.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	0 Size:	37.0 KB ID:	1367435

You will need to manually start the HSPI_PHLocation2.exe file while HS4 is running. Then you should be able to enable the plug-in under the Plugins management

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture1.png Views:	0 Size:	20.5 KB ID:	1367436

If you don't see it, restart HS4. Once enabled, you should be able to configure it normally as if under HS3. The help documentation for HS3 is in the link I posted above. The zip file I created is attached.

Leave a comment:

• Bigstevep
    replied
    Randy you can also install Jon00 links which allow you to run the Legacy HS3 Plugin Management and you could use the HS3 updater from there I believe. I installed another HS3 plugin (can't remember which one) from there and it worked just fine. You can also see your HS4 plugins there, start stop etc. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by dparks View Post
    How do I get PHLocation plugin downloaded to HS4
    PHLocation is not in the HomeSeer plug-ins. It requires an updater_override file. There is only an updater_override.txt file for HS3, no HS4 updater_override.json file at this time. The developer for PHLocation is no longer actively developing the plug-in. It is still fully functional and the developer is working with me to see if we can find someone to take over the development.

It does work in HS4 as a legacy plug-in. I will see about creating an updater_override.json file or an alternate method of installation.

Leave a comment:

• dparks
    started a topic PHLocation2 in HS4

PHLocation2 in HS4

How do I get PHLocation plugin downloaded to HS4
Working...
X