Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump

Comment

Will the current PHLocation2 work on my HS4 ZEE S2? The file is a exe and the HS4 ZEE S2 runs Linux.

Got Geofency to work and am eager to try out PHLocation2, when it is official.

Thank you,
      Coyote Ray

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post

MNB - Just to be clear, If I'm reading this correctly, GeoFency will still work in PHLOCATION2 in HS4? Is that correct? If it is correct, do any modifications need to be made on my iPhone in the GeoFency app? When I last checked in last month, there was a problem with HS 4.1.3.0 and passing JSON commands through MyHS which prevented GeoFency from updating PHLocation2 devices. I was curious if that issue was repaired in the latest version of HS4 (4.1.6.0).
        GeoFency will work with PHL under HS4, but will not post JSON through MyHS. I have tried throughout the beta and with release versions up until about a month ago. It has not worked with HS4 for me yet, which leaves me on HS3 and is why I have sort of shelved further testing since August. If it has been fixed, the devs have not stated, nor have they responded to any questions about why it isn't working with HS4, but continues to work with HS3. HS3 is working beautifully for me

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          GeoFency will work with PHL under HS4, but will not post JSON through MyHS. I have tried throughout the beta and with release versions up until about a month ago. It has not worked with HS4 for me yet, which leaves me on HS3 and is why I have sort of shelved further testing since August. If it has been fixed, the devs have not stated, nor have they responded to any questions about why it isn't working with HS4, but continues to work with HS3. HS3 is working beautifully for me
          It is working for me although I did have some trouble at first.
          I have only been running HS4 production system since 4.1.6.0 due to a serious bug affecting thermostat plug-ins up to that point.

When I converted over I couldn't get successful Geofency reporting to PHL2 through MyHS. I got time out messages in Geofency. My MyHS account was correctly linked to my HS4 installation and I could log onto my system through MyHS but couldn't get Geofency to post to PHL2. After a lot of messing around and testing I finally changed my MyHS password and it then started working and has been fine since. I did have a ^ special character in my original password which may have been the issue. MyHS won't let you create a password without some special characters but try sticking to 'less special' special characters😉 I also removed the check against 'No password required for local login' but I think that might have been to get Node Red to work rather than PHL2 so may or may not be necessary.

Try changing your password and see if that helps. Of course you then have to go through all your fences changing the password as well as any other places that you access MyHS such as HSTouch🙁

Steve

Comment

I can also confirm Steves note. Geofency started working over MyHS after I made a password correction. It is a near 100% reliable again.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I’ll give it a try. Unfortunately my job has been so demanding, I have very little time for much else

Comment

Is PHLocation2 to work on a HS4 ZEE S2 running Linux?

Thank you,
                Coyote Ray

Comment

Can anybody explain how geofency works in HS4? I am trying to get presence detection working in HS. I had it working through webCore and smartthings and sending a http command to HS but since smartthings updated to their newest app things aren't working as well. I am looking for other options and this seems interesting. Can geofency work directly with HS?

Comment

You're on the right track. There is no native presence detection in HS4, and geofency cannot work directly with HS4 as no one has written a plug-in for it; other than PHLocation2. I'm assuming you want more than just detecting when you're home or not? You mention geofency which is compatible with PHlocation2 (and you're asking here). So I assume you have multiple fences.

Download and install PHLocation2 (there are some hoops, sorry). There is a userguide here for setup: https://jphuddlestone.co.uk/phlocati...userguide.html

PHlocation supports geofency; go to the appropriate section for the webhooks. Of note you'll need to get your device id from your HS log when you first test your connection. I suggest doing this test first so you have the id when you create the device; I just did this on my android after switching from iphone and ended up with 3 duplicate devices before I realized what was going on. When you do create the device, the id goes on the phlocation tab; this isn't immediately self evident so put in your id before you hit 'save'. PHlocation2 is a legacy app but works just fine on HS3 as well as HS4. Unfortunately the author is no longer available, we're all hoping it gets taken over as it's a very useful add-on.

You'll end up with your Phones device; and any fences you enter/exit will automagically create child devices with 'inside/outside'. If you test all your current fences you'll fast track this process. You'll also have an overall 'inside/outside any fence' device. You'll be able to create events based on the fence status.

Do not mess with an icloud device, it expires after 2 weeks and will just annoy you.

Of note; I found that geofency worked just fine for my usage. Most old dogs will suggest a layered approach to presence detection. They suggest ibeacons, checking for wifi connection of your phone on your home network, etc.

My wife's fences, to let you know what to expect: (I do not condone nor endorse fencing in your spouse)

Click image for larger version

Name:	vanessa fences.PNG
Views:	626
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1427710

Adding a new device, circled the phlocation tab where you add your device userid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	user device.PNG
Views:	545
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1427711

If you don't enter the id when you create the device. You wont see the device in the PHLocation user/device configuration; and you'll add it again wondering why it's not showing up in the list. The unused devices will gladly clutter up your HS device list however. if you forget and make a bunch of zombies it's fine to delete the unused devices.

HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                    Number of Devices: 1005
                    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I've tried to get PHLocation2 to run on HS4 on Linux. Currently though I'm not sure that I did it correctly. The manual shows several options available from Plugins > PHLocation2 but the only option that I see is Configuration. Did I miss something?

Comment

hey guys, I'm sorry to revive an old thread, but i'm tryiing to get PHL2 set up from scratch after a major failure here. I was previously using PHL1. I have the plugin installed and i'm trying to configure phones for geofency. The test connections from the old setup on the phones is failing. I suspect there must be a different URL to use. I'm not seeing anything that says what to use for the URL in geofency. My geofency app is currently set up to use http://hs.domain.com:8085/phlgeofency. Does PHL2 use this same URL for the webhooks?

Comment

for MyHS
                          https://connected2.homeseer.com/phl2api?dtype=GF

or
                          http://yourddns.com:yourHSport/phl2api?dtype=GF

Comment

That explains it. Looks like that did the trick. Thanks as always randy.
                            I also found an online manual for PHL2. Is there by any chance a PDF or downloadable version so i can easily store it locally it in case the online one disappears?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              That explains it. Looks like that did the trick. Thanks as always randy.
                              I also found an online manual for PHL2. Is there by any chance a PDF or downloadable version so i can easily store it locally it in case the online one disappears?
                              I don’t have one. I thought Paul’s domain was dead. If you post the link to the online manual, I’ll see if I can pull it.

Comment

https://jphuddlestone.co.uk/phlocati.../Overview.html

Comment

Working...
                                X