Webhook Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webhook Question...

If you are on your local network...is it at all possible for Geofency or Locative to talk directly to the local HS3 application? IE - no MyHS. I'm guessing not, but it might open up some options if it did.

you could access your server via a Dynamic DNS server or install a VPN on your network to acces vour HS3 server instead of connecting through MYHS

Comment

Are you saying that the communications is just a pass-thru of MyHS and that there is no application it hits in that site, and really just talking directly to my HS home server?

Here's the reason why and what I am trying to accomplish if that is true...and quite simple.

Take an older iPhone which needs no cell service and connect it to my home network (it could be an iPad). Run the Geofency app on it. Have a 4000 meter Feasycom USB iBeacon (tuned to correct power output) in my vehicle. Have a small low power one in my jeep as well with Geofency running on my iPhone that I have on me. On a trip, Geofency has at least 15 minutes to figure out I am there an report my to HS2 via MyHS. So 99% of the time my HS3 server would get that message.

IF the jeep low power beacon is in range of my cell phone I carry AND the one in my house sees my long range transmitter comes into range run whatever arrival event I want. I probably could just use 2 long range iBeacons talking to the iPhone inside to control any false drops instead of the second tied to the cell I carry.

Hope any of that made sense. Eliminate MyHS, the Internet, cell service all from the failure loop. That would be using the 2 long range beacons.

Comment

The Long range FEAsybeacon are not 100% proof, I know I have 2 and they sometimes seems to flash giving false On-Off

MyHS is only used to provide a secured distant acces to your server.

With beacon you will likely always have missed hits, these are not precise and since there is no ack protocol, it will always be unstable

Comment

What is it exactly that you are trying to accomplish with ibeacon ?

I can't find the post but I know that once gave many details on how he was using phlocation to know who was home, and I think even how he managed to get the garage door open in a secure mather, I'll dig and come back if I can find the post

Comment

In the PHLocation user guide (Plugins->PHLoaction2->User Guide), look in the Geofency section for the heading "For direct connection to the HS3 web server"

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
              What is it exactly that you are trying to accomplish with ibeacon ?

I can't find the post but I know that once gave many details on how he was using phlocation to know who was home, and I think even how he managed to get the garage door open in a secure mather, I'll dig and come back if I can find the post
              Here is where I wrote about it recently. I use a USB iBeacon in each car, motorcycle, scooter. They are detected by iPhones. That way I will always have a unique driver/vehicle combination to use in HomeSeer Events.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

It improved some recently, but cell service at my house has been really bad. My phone sees my iBeacon, but Homeseer does not get the update. That makes Geofencing with any tool not so perfect and if I make the fence big enough that it HS3 any luck triggering something, my garage is opening or the house is unlocking while I am blocks away. That's simply not ideal. The way things work today has so my pieces that all have weaknesses. Both GPS type geofencing and and apps like Geofency needs solid cell phone service to work. MyHS needs to be reachable and by looking in my logs, is up and down a lot. Then you need the beacons to work. Seems like one piece or another makes arrival detection, for me anyway, simply undependable. This is clearly not an issue for most and/or everyone has better cell service.

It just seems like having a transmitter in a vehicle and a receiver in the home is a very clean/simple solution. I'm so surprised with all the toys out there no one makes this (yet). Take a look at the attachment...it was something I drew up a while back when I was emailing Feasycom about products. All the sudden I had a dozen of their employees on the email, but opted to work with a US based company.

Zwolfpack...thanks I totally missed that.
                Attached Files

Comment

BTW...Randy. I do very much the same. Use one in each vehicle and then use the combination of one of those being in range AND coming into range of my long range beacon to insure secure triggering. That is, when my phone can get to MyHS.

Comment

Working...
                  X