Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to update PHLocation with replaced iPhone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to update PHLocation with replaced iPhone?

I have replaced my prior iPhone with a new one and I'm noticing that I am getting the 2FA messages on the new phone but all of the devices aren't updating. I'm assuming that the new phone has a new device ID? What is the process to update PHL with the replacement phone? Can I just change the Device ID, if so I don't know how to get it to show up in the log? If I need to delete the old phone and devices from PHL, what is the correct procedure to get this done before adding a new iPhone?
    Thank you for any help!
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

there is a problem with the icloud integration, apple made changes to their 2FA and the plugin can't handle it anymore. Unfortunatly the developer is not responding ...

see the following link:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/te...t-verification

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
      there is a problem with the icloud integration, apple made changes to their 2FA and the plugin can't handle it anymore. Unfortunatly the developer is not responding ...

see the following link:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/te...t-verification
      Thank you sir! I missed that post.....I seem to remember Randy trying to get a hold of Paul in the past with out any luck. Maybe another developer would be interested in starting their own from scratch.....one can hope.
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

FWIW, I just upgraded my iPhone X to an iPhone 12 Pro. When I touch the enter/exit webhook test buttons in Geofency, the Homeseer log shows the ID of the unknown device. You can copy that ID and update the existing geofency device in PHLocation2's Users/Devices page. Now my new iPhone triggers Homeseer devices. I haven't seen the iCloud 2FA message in quite a while now.

Comment

There’s a workaround if you want to set up home bridge. Set virtual devices for the zones ie home and then have an automation turn them on or off. Or use HSBuddy

Comment

Originally posted by RandyInLA View Post
            FWIW, I just upgraded my iPhone X to an iPhone 12 Pro. When I touch the enter/exit webhook test buttons in Geofency, the Homeseer log shows the ID of the unknown device. You can copy that ID and update the existing geofency device in PHLocation2's Users/Devices page. Now my new iPhone triggers Homeseer devices. I haven't seen the iCloud 2FA message in quite a while now.
            Thanks for this post. We just upgraded our iPhones to 12’s (from 6’s) and was wondering why PHL2 wasn’t working. I went off on other tangents, such as wondering if our home grown VPN wasn’t fully supported by iPhone 12’s, because we use the VPN instead of MyHS.

Reading your post again made a light click on and that worked. Thanks.
            Michael

Comment

I decided to give PHLocation2 another try today after it wouldn't verify 2FA for me months ago. It verified fine today but I noticed constant apple emails every 30 mins when my HS3 polls.

Is this the next issue and I am just figuring this out now that I started using it again?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks - you are correct it appears to be working again. Mine's been down since 2 May!

I'm also getting the "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser" emails on every poll. Not immediately obvious if/how that might be suppressed.

Comment

ok thanks for confirming too. I set up a rule to move them out of my focus for the time being unless someone has a clever way of stopping them.

Comment

Good news. The Apple notification emails stopped earlier today and HS3 is still polling away and PHL2 is updating accordingly. Hope it lasts.

Comment

still not working on my side, receive email now and then with the "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser" but the devices are never updated.

Comment

Working...
                      X