Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHLocation Dead? How to geofency direct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PHLocation Dead? How to geofency direct?

I posted in the HS4 thread about geofency not working since upgrade (via the connected2 web hook).

And since it seems all is lost with sooty and this plugin, I recall someone using geofency directly without phlocation.

How do you go about doing that? I can't seem to find the web hooks or how to configure geofency to set a device.

thanks,
    mike

I am going to retry to work with Rich when I have time, hopefully this weekend. When I moved to HS4, GeoFency stopped posting. I had changed my license on MyHS and was able to access the system. I opened a port and posted to HS4 successfully directly to my DDNS and port forwarding. Unfortunately Posting through MyHS does not result in the correct info reaching HS. I rolled back to HS3, changed my license in MyHS and posting resumed as normal. This proved to me that PHL plays fine with HS4, but MyHS is not passing the info correctly. I strongly suspect the credentials are not being passed to HS properly. I will spend more time in Saturday and try to solve it or provide Rich with useful information.

So, you can open a port and port forward from your phone to HS4, or find another way to post, outside of MyHS. You could set up a permanent VPN to let your phone communicate securely with HS4, if you have network equipment to support it. I tried that last weekend and it works as well.

Everything other than iCloud support still works well under HS4 and PHL2 here. I switched to FollowMee for position and it worked perfectly under HS4 as it does under HS3.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      I am going to retry to work with Rich when I have time, hopefully this weekend. When I moved to HS4, GeoFency stopped posting. I had changed my license on MyHS and was able to access the system. I opened a port and posted to HS4 successfully directly to my DDNS and port forwarding. Unfortunately Posting through MyHS does not result in the correct info reaching HS. I rolled back to HS3, changed my license in MyHS and posting resumed as normal. This proved to me that PHL plays fine with HS4, but MyHS is not passing the info correctly. I strongly suspect the credentials are not being passed to HS properly. I will spend more time in Saturday and try to solve it or provide Rich with useful information.

So, you can open a port and port forward from your phone to HS4, or find another way to post, outside of MyHS. You could set up a permanent VPN to let your phone communicate securely with HS4, if you have network equipment to support it. I tried that last weekend and it works as well.

Everything other than iCloud support still works well under HS4 and PHL2 here. I switched to FollowMee for position and it worked perfectly under HS4 as it does under HS3.

Thanks, I just posted a message about JSON via myhs not working properly as the straight commands work local just not through the myhs service like before:
      https://myhs.homeseer.com/JSON?user=...yvalue&ref=207

mike

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Why not just allow creating a HTTP device in HS that will allow a JSON Post though MyHS for Geofency or direct to your Web server if that's how you want to do it and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post

Why not just allow creating a HTTP device in HS that will allow a JSON Post though MyHS for Geofency or direct to your Web server if that's how you want to do it and be done with it.
          The issue isn't just phlocation. It's all JSON commands through myhs. None are working on an HS4 system

Comment

Ah, didn’t know that. Not even with the Big5 plugin?

Comment

Has this been resolved? Geofency/Phlocation are key to what I use HS for....Just upgraded to HS4 ...not a great experience since HS3 failed to even complete the uninstall. Have installed plugin and set up MyHS with new system and can access devices, but Geofency fails to update.

Comment

I had a post in another thread but I did solve by going to settings and requiring password for local. For whatever reason the JSON calls wouldn’t work until that was checked.

What sucks the most is support didn’t not acknowledge or respond to my bug report or support ticket or any posts here on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by mjolsen View Post

The issue isn't just phlocation. It's all JSON commands through myhs. None are working on an HS4 system
                  Json i working with myhs and hs4 at my moms place. Here i use a vpn.

Comment

Working...
                  X