Existing Setup - Need to add a new Life 360 user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Existing Setup - Need to add a new Life 360 user

I've been using this for years with Android Pixel 2 and 3 phones. But it's been so long, I can't remember how to add a new Life360 user.

I have PHL2 3.0.0.63 and can't remember what kind of user system to use since Life360 isn't on the list. Help please.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 02-14-21 at 09.50 AM.PNG
Views:	261
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1456145

Does anybody know where I maybe download an older version that would possibly have the Life360 option. But then I would have to reinstall the latest version that for me works quite well.

Comment

Well it's been some time but I'm now at the point I NEED to add another another android phone. I have two Life360 accounts with two different email addresses. Those work fine with PHL2. I never use the accounts for anything in Life360 so there are no monthly charges (which is a good thing).

Is it possible to edit the .db3 file and replicate one of the existing service accounts? Anyone tried anything like this? Any other reliable geofence apps that will work with PHL2?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comment

I'm thinking of trying to edit the .db3 file. What program gets used nowadays for what I assume is an old Dbase3 file format?

Comment

Did you check the documentation? It explains how to add a Life360 account in there. It's a service account so I think you were in the wrong place when you took that screenshot.
          HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
          Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I did check the documentation. Under service accounts there are two choices, Add iCloud and Add Followmee. There used to be a third one for Life360.

I wonder if someone has a downloadable version prior to 3.0.0.61. Maybe it's there and I can work from that?

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
              I did check the documentation. Under service accounts there are two choices, Add iCloud and Add Followmee. There used to be a third one for Life360.

I wonder if someone has a downloadable version prior to 3.0.0.61. Maybe it's there and I can work from that?
              Unfortunately I can't help with a copy prior to 3.0.0.61. I have 3.0.0.63 running on one system and 3.0.0.64 on another, and both offer Life360 as an option to add service account. DM me if you'd like a copy of 3.0.0.64 to try.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	33.0 KB ID:	1482313
              -Wade

Comment

Thanks! But I'm wondering if it's one of the ini files that's corrupted. I have 3.0.0.63 and 64 and neither will show the Life 360 button. Thoughts?

Comment

Solved, almost! There is a limitation of two Life360 service accounts (not sure why). I ran an old version of HS3 on a different PC and Life360 was not available. As soon as I deleted one of the two service accounts, the radio button for Add Life360 re-appeared.

That solves that dilemma. Now I wonder why I can't have more than two. Does that apply to other service accounts as well?

Comment

I remember Paul limited it to 2 Life360 accounts, but I don’t remember why. The limitation was not there for iCloud, but that is a moot point since Apple broke iCloud support. I’m not sure about FollowMee. I only have one FollowMee account with 2 users.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

randy and no word from Paul of course. I wish HS would figure out a way to have a backup of source code that could be assigned to someone else when a developer abandons a plug-in.

Things happen, life's direction changes. But to have a plug-in land in purgatory shouldn't happen either.

Comment

I just switched to an iPhone and the Life360 app works perfectly. However it's the biggest battery consumption item.

So I am trying iDevice but the emails are incessant. For now, based on another post, I'm deleting them automatically.

We'll see if this way I use less battery.

Comment

As a follow up, I decided to eliminate Life360 on the iPhone and use iDevice. The battery life improved dramatically. Then I removed the user and the service account. Now I get the following error messages every 5 minutes.

1/31/2022 17:15:35 Legacy-Plugin/Script PHLocation2 Error (PollAccount) LF Error in GetMembers.
                          1/31/2022 17:15:35 Legacy-Plugin/Script PHLocation2 Error (GetMembers) Exception: Cannot access child value on Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JValue.

Ideas or suggestions anyone?

Comment

racerfern what is iDevice? (google search renders 100 different things) TIA!

Comment

Ltek I just got an iPhone for the first time. An iDevice as the user is called becomes available once you establish and confirm your iCloud account. I can give you instructions if you need but all the pointers are in the user guide. It uses a ton less battery than Life360.

It is 2FA so an email gets sent after every ping attempt. That's pretty annoying so I have a rule that automatically sends the email to trash since you don't have to reply or do anything with the email unless it's an unknown request.

Comment

Working...
                              X