Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distance to home not updating any more on PHLocation2 on HS4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Distance to home not updating any more on PHLocation2 on HS4

    Since a few days distance on PHLocation2 seems to be stuck at 64m away from home. Strangely the device latitude and longitude update and show the correct location in google maps, but distance is not changing. Manually polling, restarting HS4 as well as the PI do not solve the problem.
    Another thing I have noticed is current town, postcode and country show 'Primary RG provider not set'
    I cannot see any page any more to specify providers, I know when I set it up ages ago there was a page to set up map providers etc

    #2
    Plugins->PHLocation2->Configuration->API tab:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PHL API tab.PNG
Views:	98
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	1494852

    Comment


      #3
      Ok now there is the problem. I was looking for a (the) configuration page. I do not have that any more.

      I have a few older backups of my HS4 installation. I would not want to go back on the whole installation due to a lot of changes, but maybe copying a old .ini over might repair this ?
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #4
        What platform/version of HS4 & PHLLocation? I have an test instance of HS4-Linux version 4.2.0.0 with PHLocation2 version 3.0.0.64 installed but not configured. The menu shows properly, on both Chrome and Firefox browsers.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	PHL main menu.PNG
Views:	99
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1494857

        Comment


          #5
          I just tried on another screen. Now I can see the configuration menu. For whatever reason on my screen I couldnt. HS4 does not scale well on the PI pages, I had that before. Now seeing wheer the menu tab is on your screenshot gave me the idea that its just not showing it as its below the bottom of the screen...
          Anyway, I have no providers in there for anything, so somehow they got lost. So if the api's are stored in the phlocation.ini which I hope a copy and paste from a backup might restore it. Otherwise I'll have to try and get another google api

          Comment


            #6
            I just created a Mapquest api key as google is blocked at work... but they give you a consumer key and a consumer secret. But on the PHLocation configuration I can only put the key in, which does not seem to work

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
              I just tried on another screen. Now I can see the configuration menu. For whatever reason on my screen I couldnt. HS4 does not scale well on the PI pages, I had that before. Now seeing wheer the menu tab is on your screenshot gave me the idea that its just not showing it as its below the bottom of the screen...
              Anyway, I have no providers in there for anything, so somehow they got lost. So if the api's are stored in the phlocation.ini which I hope a copy and paste from a backup might restore it. Otherwise I'll have to try and get another google api
              The Key should still be there at your account. Only problem is finding it while navigating their (Google) features or

              Try : https://console.cloud.google.com/apis If you are already logged in in your Google account, at that link click on API then on credentials


              Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

              Comment


                #8
                I have found and added my google api. Address, postcode and country update as they should. But distance still isnt ! Its driving me crazy. I have google for everything including distance in the config. I dont understand why distance is stuck at 65 miles, the same for my wife's phone. Its giving the home address for both phones, and when moving it updates with the right locations, but distance is stuck.
                I douible checked my Life 360 app on the phones. Both phones say at home. So the home address in the phones is still ok.
                In the life 360 device current location, it says none while it should say home.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Make sure nothing else (computers..etc .at home) are logged in to Google Location services or in other words you can't be at 2/more places at the same time....


                  Eman.
                  TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Eman View Post
                    Make sure nothing else (computers..etc .at home) are logged in to Google Location services or in other words you can't be at 2/more places at the same time....


                    Eman.
                    I checked. Thats not the problem

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Are you sure your Known Location for "Home" is setup correctly? I don't use Life360 but for my setup the Known Location is required to get things like "Distance from Home" to work.
                      HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
                      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                        Are you sure your Known Location for "Home" is setup correctly? I don't use Life360 but for my setup the Known Location is required to get things like "Distance from Home" to work.
                        It shows right in Life360, so should (and has in the past) update the Life360 devices in HS4. Everything else updates. I am thinking I might uninstall PHLocation over the weekend and reinstall. Are there install instructions in the PHLocation folder somewhere ? Cant remember how to install its since it first was released... never had any issue since.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I had an issue recently with Life 360PI and I ended up clicking on "rebuild child devices".
                          Plugins > PHLocation2 > Users/Devices > Edit (for the device in question) > "Rebuild Child Devices" at the bottom. It fixed everything at least for me.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                            I had an issue recently with Life 360PI and I ended up clicking on "rebuild child devices".
                            Plugins > PHLocation2 > Users/Devices > Edit (for the device in question) > "Rebuild Child Devices" at the bottom. It fixed everything at least for me.
                            I have tried that, but did not change anything. did you delete any devices before you tried to rebuild ?

                            I have also tried changing my home address in the Life360 app without any success. I have added a few more places in the Life360 app to see if they track. My 'Work' place in the app seems to work, as my current location in the phlocation child device it shows as work with a distance of 0.052m

                            Comment


                              #15
                              mikee123 I didn't delete anything, I simply clicked that button. I don't even remember what the original issue was but right away both devices started working as I expected.


                              What version of the PI are you on? I'm on 3.0.0.64

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X