X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sooty View Post
    Wim,

What version of the plug-in are you running ?

Paul..
    Paul,

I am using 3.0.0.55. Downloaded through the link in post 1 last Tuesday I think?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

OK Wim. That is a recent version. .56 is currently the latest but there are no major changes over .55 that would affect the reported issue.

I'm just working out a few small issues with a Btraced user so a new version is imminent.

I've got FollowMee running here now and clicking the Update Now button does what I expect. Does it always fail for you when clicking Update Now? If so can you set debug level to 2, click Update Now and email me the resulting log entries.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
        Wim,

I have made quite a lot of changes to the plug-in recently so maybe I broke something.

I have also seen some strange behavior here relating to root devices (not just in my plug-ins) so I will do some testing here with FollowMee and see if I can reproduce the problem.

What version of the plug-in are you running ?

Paul..
        Paul,

Last weekend I upgraded HS3 to the latest weekend as wel upgraded to the latest location plugin. I did several tests and everything is updatin as expected. So I do not really know what went wrong in the old situation, but upgrading seems to have solved it.

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

HS3 Location Plug-In

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
          I use the plugin with followmee in 4 iphones. 1 minute Update and No problems with battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What settings have you got? It's fine as long as you don't move.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
            What settings have you got? It's fine as long as you don't move.
            Can you elaborate on the problem?

Paul..

Comment

HS3 Location Plug-In

Battery life problem, not the plugin. You can set everything to save battery, and have it check every minute. When you don't move, it knows and skips the gps bit to save battery. Stay mobile and it will check every minute - battery dead in no time

Cheers
              J

Comment

Testing

Is it too late to get in on beta testing? This sounds awesome

Comment

PHLCUS

Hello Paul,

Thanks for this nice plugin it works great.
                  I have a question, is it possible to see to the string from PHLCUS
                  In a device on my Touch screen

Thanks Ed

Comment

The PHLCUS device is a root device and for some reason root device types don't show up for selection in HSTouch on later versions of HS3 so it's not something I can fix unfortunately.

This has been reported here http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1441

Paul..

Comment

Hi Paul,

I've been having problems with spoken announcements from the speaker client.
                      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1105885

One thing I have noticed is I am getting "Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change" in the speaker client, which I think might be causing similar issues to..
                      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162833

I hope you can help.

Cheers
                      J

Comment

Hello Paul,

ok i understand the problem
                        hope that Homeseer can fix this

Ed

Comment

Hi Paul,

One thing I have noticed is I am getting "Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change" in the speaker client, which I think might be causing similar issues to..

I hope you can help.

Cheers
                          J
                          Skinnez,

The link you are referring to was the situation where the plugin would update the image of the device frequently and therefore was changing the core data of a device, which triggers a rebuild of the speaker data.
                          That is not what Pauls plugin is doing at all. As a matter of fact, I had issues with Blades plugin because of that and he perfectly solved the issue. I am also using Pauls plugin and I do not see the issue you are referring too. So either you are using the old BLLAN plugin, or it is another plugin doing frequent updates of 'core' data of devices.
                          You can try to filter the real cause by disabling/re-enabling your plugins one by one and check for the timing in the rebuilds. That is how to find the right one.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Hi Paul,

I hope you can help.

Cheers
                            J
                            I will investigate this and see what I can find. I've read through both the other threads and it would appear that in the case of BLLAN it was related to updating the device image.

I've just had a look over the code and as far as I can see I'm not making any config changes to devices during an update. For the User type device and it's children I'm updating the Device String and for Known Place type devices just the Device Value.

Paul..

Comment

Found the issue. A New build will be uploaded shortly.

Paul..

Comment

HS3 Location Plug-In

Ok thanks guys, still familiarising myself with Homeseer :/
                                This speaker client thing has had me for a week or so, and has slowed me down. I don't have many plugs yet thankfully being new. I'll try switching them off. The other thing I was going to try was making sure the speaker client was the current version.

Cheers
                                J

Comment

Working...
                                X